Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aren't staying up,there will be no life saving,last minute takeover and Rooney won't be the manager once he realises we can't even pay him for this season,never mind the next.

Our fight back starts next season with a young manager and our recruitment of cheap but talented and unknown lower league and Scottish players who will fight for their shirts every week.

It's going to be a very,very different Derby county and we are going to have to lose our championship attitude to the game and the opposition if we are going to get any enjoyment out of the next few years.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, just laughing because it's so typical that Roos comes in and make a mistake costing us the game. Although there's others to blame as well. Sibley got an assist though, which is nice.

well Im hacked off as I had Sibbo to score first. He might at least have thumped an unstoppable header past Roos rather than just se4t up their player...........?

my season is falling apart and I'm worried about dropping into Div 5 of Mozzas league...........?

lost the last 2 and lost 3 of the last 5. This is why I wanted us to wait on the supposed miracle worker that is rooney before we hired him.  But of course it's so exciting having someone completely untested manage us as we sit second bottom. I wondered if people had lost their heads both at the club and the forum with the club appointing him and so many hailing his arrival as manager. His lack of urgency and concern in the past weeks has really bothered me,  he has kept saying we're good enough to get out of this etc etc. well if we were that good we wouldn't be in this scenario. His back to basics now is starting to stutter. 

Today we were looking to lose by only 1 as it could have been 2 or 3 in the end. We're now in danger of once again getting cut adrift if we lose against Bournemouth on tuesday. We need reinforcements in the window and Rooney needs to know who he wants and can get if we're to survive this year. 

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Accept it and you’ll feel less panicky . We are going down. No question

I think, for the state of our minds, you're right. Concede we're odds on to go down and if we somehow survive, it's a big surprise.

I know there are still plenty of games to go but, apart from v Swansea and Birmingham, do we really look like we can turn it around? 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

To be fair to Roos a Rotherham player deliberately came across and blocked him. 

Yeah, I did notice that but he should have steam rollered him out of the way. He'd have probably got himself a foul that way but he dithered and the rest as you say, is history. Another Saturday night ruined. I'm off for a kebab and then I'm gonna get bladdered. ??

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

So the second part of my post then. 

But if we aren't in a position to offer them what they want, either down to FFP or not having the budget, then the root cause is MM. Which was the first part of your post.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I think, for the state of our minds, you're right. Concede we're odds on to go down and if we somehow survive, it's a big surprise.

I know there are still plenty of games to go but, apart from v Swansea and Birmingham, do we really look like we can turn it around? 

I look at the teams that are above us (everyone) and can’t honestly feel that we’re can catch them anymore. Not because of the current points differences but they just all seem more capable than us of grinding out results or going on a winning streak

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We aren't staying up,there will be no life saving,last minute takeover and Rooney won't be the manager once he realises we can't even pay him for this season,never mind the next.

Our fight back starts next season with a young manager and our recruitment of cheap but talented and unknown lower league and Scottish players who will fight for their shirts every week.

It's going to be a very,very different Derby county and we are going to have to lose our championship attitude to the game and the opposition if we are going to get any enjoyment out of the next few years.

Or we can do what the likes of Southampton did IIRC when they went to League One, maybe others too, and play our youngsters together to create a young energetic attacking team with verve and go up through the leagues, with an established way of playing and a team that knows each other well. It can be hard (as we're seeing) to blood so many youngsters at Championship level. 

Archived