Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

they are introduced so late in the game then they have little opportunity to do so 

Don't disagree with that but come on look at the bench yesterday

Foster, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Whittaker, Evans, McDonald, Gordon, Mitchell-Lawson.

It's simply not good enough. Rooney doesn't feel confident in using them. And I can't blame him for that. We need more players.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rammy03 said:

Foster, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Whittaker, Evans, McDonald, Gordon, Mitchell-Lawson.

It's simply not good enough. Rooney doesn't feel confident in using them. And I can't blame him for that. We need more players.

My overarching concern is that Rooney himself has said that if the takeover doesn't happen in the next couple of weeks then we have what we have.

So he needs to start planning for worst case scenario and trying to utilise his assets better than he is doing at the moment rather than throw someone on with 5 minutes to go as this may be what he has at his disposal for the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Agree. We need a central defender who can head the ball and is comfortable bringing the ball out of defence, a Mount-type creative midfielder and a target man who has a bit of pace and knows where the net is....

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

My overarching concern is that Rooney himself has said that if the takeover doesn't happen in the next couple of weeks then we have what we have.

So he needs to start planning for worst case scenario and trying to utilise his assets better than he is doing at the moment rather than throw someone on with 5 minutes to go as this may be what he has at his disposal for the rest of the season. 

Anyone have update on Tom's injury? 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I am concerned about the Holmes situation. Is he staying or is he going? We could have done with him on the bench yesterday but he was left out because he doesn't train well enough

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

I am concerned about the Holmes situation. Is he staying or is he going? We could have done with him on the bench yesterday but he was left out because he doesn't train well enough

He'll be gone we are desperate for the cash basically and for a fringe player it's a no brainer. 

2 hours ago, James Pond said:

Ours wasn't the only Mud Bath, It looked worse when tons of sand was put on it, Do you remember when they had to re paint the penalty spot lol, Against Man City I think, Groundsman coming out with a pot of whitewash and a brush, Gerry Daley scoring the penalty ?

Didnt Joe corrigan get booked for making out the penalty spot was further away than it was lol

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The only incident I can think that you are referring to is when Jozwiak was played in by Bielik and he literally nearly caught it.

If youre going to criticise referees then say blatant offences like that arent free kicks not sure opinion is going to be looked upon as unbiased.

Agree the ref was pretty poor yesterday, didnt let the game flow at all.

Thought the yellows for Buchanan, Knight and Bielik were all harsh but he evened it up by not sending Bielik off for a blatant foul.

Thought he got their disallowed goal decision right.

Talking about the officials yesterday though just deflects away from how poor our own performance was.

I agree with you. No matter what the ref was like, it had no real bearing on the result. We lost that game for ourselves, no-one else. And credit to Rotherham, as they did a job on us, and modified their approach when they realised that man-marking Beilik would take him out of the game and stop us playing.

Did anyone else notice the tribute from Wathall's on Rams TV at half and full-time?

There we were getting all frustrated and angry at the performance, and at the ref, and at all the other stuff we get upset about with football. And then suddenly this huge list of all the people associated with Derby County who passed away in 2010. This isn't everybody - just those who were connected with the Rams, and there were loads and loads of them.

It rather puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Regardless of all the stuff we are going through right now, football is just a game, isn't it?

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

Did anyone else notice the tribute from Wathall's on Rams TV at half and full-time?

There we were getting all frustrated and angry at the performance, and at the ref, and at all the other stuff we get upset about with football. And then suddenly this huge list of all the people associated with Derby County who passed away in 2010. This isn't everybody - just those who were connected with the Rams, and there were loads and loads of them.

It rather puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Regardless of all the stuff we are going through right now, football is just a game, isn't it?

I thought it was slightly bizarre to be honest.

Not knocking the sentiments just seemed really out of place at half time at a football match..

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I thought it was slightly bizarre to be honest.

Not knocking the sentiments just seemed really out of place at half time at a football match..

It's not bizarre at all. They do it every year and just because we can't get to the ground doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

When my brother in law died, who had been a season ticket holder for many years, it was very emotional to see his name on the boards at the ground and feel that his memory was being honoured by the club. 

I hope those bereaved last year feel a similar recognition and some comfort from it.

Archived