Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

lost the last 2 and lost 3 of the last 5. This is why I wanted us to wait on the supposed miracle worker that is rooney before we hired him. 

Did you see our bench? Oh and the only striker we've got has had a few ordinary games. Plus the only right-sided centre-half (I think Wisdom calls himself that?) is playing in an utterly poor way, is he even a footballer atm?

So if you think ANYONE else could get much more out of this lot you'd be wrong. But we still created some good chances...

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not so very different from what I suggested and in reality it will probably be a combination of the two.

To be honest I'm pretty accepting of it it's likelihood now as it is actually more attractive than what we are currently going through at the moment.

It's like witnessing a horrible divorce taking place,it's nasty and heartwrending and everyone will be better off when it's done,even if we end up in a smaller house and poorer.

Mel will keep the house.

We get to keep the dvd with the highlights of this season. It only lasts one minute including adverts.

Not sure who gets custody of the kids, an Arab prince?

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Today looked like a team that’s had 2 weeks off with Covid outbreak. Don’t think off field matters can be blamed. Poor performances from many players. Too many touches back 4 setting the tone for the rest of the team, not showing same belief on the ball. 

For all doom mongers waiting for this opportunity to pounce - this level of performance has not been the norm for the 9 games preceding this. A return to those performances which this team is capable of will see us get out of this. It can change very quickly as we’ve proven already. 

Performances like today will see us relegated no question. It was nowhere near good enough. The only positive is we have another game on Tuesday to put it right. 

With injuries to Lawrence, Holmes and Marriott leaving we’re light on options to change games when it isn’t working. That is where the takeover clarity (either way) needs sorting.

Have you considered that it might not be doom mongering but merely a fair reading of the situation?

People can’t be accused of being negative any more, surely?

We have to face up to the reality of the situation.

We are in big trouble.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Did you see our bench? Oh and the only striker we've got has had a few ordinary games. Plus the only right-sided centre-half (I think Wisdom calls himself that?) is playing in an utterly poor way, is he even a footballer atm?

So if you think ANYONE else could get much more out of this lot you'd be wrong. But we still created some good chances...

Unless you're omniscient how can you possibly claim no-one could do better? What is wrong in suggesting that someone who has 0 experience in management is a bad idea for a club sitting second bottom staring relegation in the face and as you have pointed out is stretched with resources? Seriously, I don't understand this kind of mentality. 

Well even I cant defend lads today they looked like fitness levels suffered some what. I dont know if cov 19 has affected breathing or oxygen got to lungs I know my self I find bit harder to breath but I think fitness work needs doing. But also basics ball skills number of times today it looked like they struggling to get forward as quick as we were but I throught Jason knight tried hard and lee becanion did some good work down the wing but joswick looked frustrated and even Richard's looking towards waghorn like saying to thanks were my help.

9 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yes we are all at fault for wasting our hard earnt money on contributing to football players wages (when they get them) or better still their lucky entitlement in life to play football for a very privileged living and represent the football club we all support.

I'm about 20 years older than him and I would have stoped that second ball, cross coming in to the box today for their goal especially after just being suspended, and showed a hell of a lot more desire, and I've been running and walking behind a bin lorry all week covering at least 60 miles, loading waste bins during a pandemic for very little reward.

I propose that so called professional football is declared null and void right now. 
My interest has waned so much and today was the straw that broke the camel’s back (note I’m not an Arab prince with a crippled camel, but I know of one)

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Spindly Mike is on his way and there ain't no kids. Would you give Evans another go there?

Christ tbh Wisdom is so poor and stops any playing out from the back, yeah I might, not sure he'd be worse. Probably a better choice than Solomon, just that is.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

On the radio-MK Dons have accepted a bid from a championship club for Keogh and he's indicated he's desperate to pursue it .  Welcome back Richard? ??

Pretty sure it will not be us unless Mel leaves the club.....If you want a guess then Coventry would be my choice. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Unless you're omniscient how can you possibly claim no-one could do better? What is wrong in suggesting that someone who has 0 experience in management is a bad idea for a club sitting second bottom staring relegation in the face and as you have pointed out is stretched with resources? Seriously, I don't understand this kind of mentality. 

We've had this, who on earth would be able to get this lot to play any better coming in with no knowledge of them?

We created chances today. We'd look better with a striker on the pitch neither Richards nor Waghorn earnt that title today - who would you have put up front?!

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

just speculating what our options are if there's no incomings - worst case that is.

Wisdom has been awful for almost all of the time since he came back in. He gets nowhere near stuff in the air, he very rarely picks his man up - the closest he got today was to shove him in the back. He looks like a pub player.

Archived