v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope we're calling it a stroke of genius, come 5pm. But dropping Knight, Buchanan and Jozwiak when Lawrence and Holmes get starts is unfathomable. 

This is a team selected on reputation rather than performances. Will they reward the new boss or continue to perform as badly as they have been doing?

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Five defenders on the pitch. Against Wycombe.

Jason Knight dropped.

Buchanan dropped.

Jozwiak and Bielik on the bench.

Two defensive midfielders...at home...against Wycombe.

Lawrence and Holmes somehow still in the side despite being the worst players of recent weeks other than Rooney?

I'm absolutely stunned by that that starting XI. Looks awful. We'll probably win as well. 

I was worried when Rooney said he was going to pick a side with the experience and know how...

It's clearly damage limitation time with that defensive line up. I don't disagree with the defence he's picked as we need physicality to deal with Wycombe i think. However, the midfield has the potential to be much too defensive minded thus leaving a gap between the front 4 and the back 4. I don't think making 7 changes is necessarily wrong- but when someone said less than 3 weeks ago that there were too many changes, then they go and make 7 personnel changes and an apparent shift in formation it doesn't speak to a consistency of philosophy. 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Marshall

Evans.  Davies.  Clarke

wizzy.                                Fozzy

Shinnie

Lawrence    Sibbo.       Holmes 

CKR

??????????????

Otherwise I’m at a total loss with the formation.

Holmes for Knight????????? Seriously????????

If we are playing wing backs and Rooney thinks wisdom and Forsyth are the players for that, then god help us.

Archived