v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

We'll soon find out. I'd probably start with this. 

Screenshot_20201128-133211.thumb.png.322afb2dc3db1de0908dabe0bd4747f8.png

The intention would have a very fluid front 3 and midfield 2 behind them. Davies and Shinnie both deserve to play and would be leaders on the pitch. 

Shoehorning Sibley into the team a little, but at least he starts and this might end up as a sort of 4-1-3-2 formation with him more central. 

Evans...really ?

What is clear to me is that every suggested team looks better and more balanced without Rooney... 

Which is worrying because I dont want him as manager. 

I'm staggered how much of a drop off there has been in his performances since lockdown...he just looked so immobile. 

Feel much happier with the options now, still clear we are woefully short of a striker. Need goals from midfield /wide as no way have we got a 15-20 goal a season man currently. 

Marshall 

Byrne Clarke Davies Buchanan 

Shinnie 

Sibley Knight 

Jozwiak CKR Waghorn 

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The call when the 4 man committee were appointed was to simplify things. However at the first sign of trouble we seem shuffle the pack like a croupier with Parkinsons disease. Hopefully we'll have a game plan today and have the conviction to stick to it. 

Be interesting. The Rooney interview where he talks about being in charge and deciding who plays and who doesn't, he also (pointedly?) said decides substitutes as well.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We'll soon find out. I'd probably start with this. 

Screenshot_20201128-133211.thumb.png.322afb2dc3db1de0908dabe0bd4747f8.png

The intention would have a very fluid front 3 and midfield 2 behind them. Davies and Shinnie both deserve to play and would be leaders on the pitch. 

Shoehorning Sibley into the team a little, but at least he starts and this might end up as a sort of 4-1-3-2 formation with him more central. 

Waghorn and Evans, really?

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Jesus.  The state of that team. Even against bloody Wycombe I can’t see us scoring today. We are going to League 1 aren't we. Rooney is clueless. Get him out of the club. Mel too. We need Mac organising this.

I reckon the team will have a whiff of Mac about it.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Thinking further on this using CKR and  JHI to fill the striker role between them it allows us to use Waghorn on the wing and create much needed competition for those wide births which we desperately need to improve individual performances.

When Ibe is fit we have him, Lawrence, Waghorn and Keith to rotate at will like we used to with Russell, ward, etc

It actually shapes up quite nicely when you put the wingers and midfielder together........we just lack the striker but maybe two mentioned can do a decent enough job till Jan

Yeah, I think Waghorn would be much better out on the wing or midfield in general. He’s a scrapper, he works hard, he has many qualities that are suited for the midfield and very few qualities as a forward. 

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Evans...really ?

6 minutes ago, TomG said:

Waghorn and Evans, really?

Evans has put very very good performances in at centre back which people have raved about. He adds to the fluidity of this team and its ability to move forward quickly. However, I realize I forgot Bielik ? so would probably play him there instead. 

Waghorn is the toughest call,but if Kazim-Richards is the answer we're asking the wrong question. I'm not convinced Whittaker or Stretton, who will both be on the bench, can lead the line for the whole game. 

20 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What does Forsyth give us that Buchanan doesn't?

Aerial battles won
Buchanan - 61%
Forsyth - 57%

Blocks per 90
Buchanan - 1.6
Forsyth - 1.3

Tackles per 90
Buchanan - 1.9
Forsyth - 0.7

Dribbled past per 90
Buchanan - 0.8
Forsyth - 1.0

Clearances per 90
Buchanan - 2.3
Forsyth - 0.7

Dribbles per 90
Buchanan - 0.8 (47%)
Forsyth - 0.3 (33%)

Are the stats taken from this season alone ? If so, it's not really a fair comparison, I mean Forsyth has only played a couple of games hasn't he.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Jesus.  The state of that team. Even against bloody Wycombe I can’t see us scoring today. We are going to League 1 aren't we. Rooney is clueless. Get him out of the club. Mel too. We need Mac organising this.

Tis a bit Wow init.

Just now, Dinnitdough said:

Yeah, I think Waghorn would be much better out on the wing or midfield in general. He’s a scrapper, he works hard, he has many qualities that are suited for the midfield and very few qualities as a forward. 

He can fill in upfront for a couple of games when we are in form and do a decent job like he did last season.

But as you say he’s not a natural striker so when we’re out of form he’s always going to struggle!

Archived