v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

He has been playing online, fans watch and it is all somehow raising money for the Jordan Sinott fund.

He also does stuff like this:

And still idiots lay into him on Twitter.

I don’t mind that he gave a bit back at all, shows the frustration and perhaps some desire as well. He’s had it tough with certain aspects of his life over the last year with his friends. 

What I do mind is tweets like this one at HT by the club, implying what he was on about and using it to quieten the “haters”.

He does some terrific stuff in the community and Derby PR should perhaps highlight even more, also the community work through the trust. it’s a no brainer, stuff like that can involve the fans - the mental health stuff has been a roaring success, the over 80s, drop in and chat coffee mornings, the food banks - we could be highlighting that so much more, that’s the club I love.

But tweets like this gets people’s backs up, especially when they don’t go on and back it up. It reeks of arrogance and complacency and a so what attitude. 

You want us onside Derby? Stop with this and give us more of the likes of CKR words I’ve seen today. That’s what I want to hear. Not nutmegs, smiles at the training ground and jokes. 

We deserve to be where we are. Prove me wrong and 0000s of others. Make us believe that we can get out this, you’ve got my support.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I don’t mind that he gave a bit back at all, shows the frustration and perhaps some desire as well. He’s had it tough with certain aspects of his life over the last year with his friends. 

What I do mind is tweets like this one at HT by the club, implying what he was on about and using it to quieten the “haters”.

He does some terrific stuff in the community and Derby PR should perhaps highlight even more, also the community work through the trust. it’s a no brainer, stuff like that can involve the fans - the mental health stuff has been a roaring success, the over 80s, drop in and chat coffee mornings, the food banks - we could be highlighting that so much more, that’s the club I love.

But tweets like this gets people’s backs up, especially when they don’t go on and back it up. It reeks of arrogance and complacency and a so what attitude. 

You want us onside Derby? Stop with this and give us more of the likes of CKR words I’ve seen today. That’s what I want to hear. Not nutmegs, smiles at the training ground and jokes. 

We deserve to be where we are. Prove me wrong and 0000s of others. Make us believe that we can get out this, you’ve got my support.

So true. The club need to stop wheeling out this crap and understand how people are feeling. We're at our lowest position for probably 30 odd years and I don't want to see Curtis Davies nutmeg two players in training or the players laughing around when Marshall gets back from Scotland duty. I want to see them busting a gut, some harsh words from the management team and Mel come out and talk about what he's doing to get this club back on its feet.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not 100% sure, but Holmes is media savvy and has a presence, there's been (negative) talk online about his use of games consoles, to do with that I think?

1 hour ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Just asked my lad, apparently someone tweeted that if he stopped playing Warzone and concentrated on his football he’d be a better player.

Whatever that means??

Cheers.  We've had these conversations before I know.  Personally I don't think that's a great attitude to have, particularly regarding the teams current position. If you have something to say reply to that person directly rather than irritating another portion of an already very agitated fan base and causing a bigger issue. 

6 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Don't agree with the hoofball comment. IMO we're a side lacking confidence so it makes sense to not overplay it at the back. There were lots of good moves, including Kazim's disallowed goal and Holme's goal.

Personally, I'm finding it difficult to see positives from a draw scraped against a poor Wycombe side. 

On 28/11/2020 at 22:48, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don’t think the first half was,sure it was very scrappy at first,lots of heading up into the air but once it settled we finally started playing nice attacking football and ckr was particularly effective and we finally started overloading the box.....we really should have been two up by halftime.

the second half was nowhere near as effective and and  our subs reverted to playing submissive cocu ball again.

there’s some way to go but the improvement to our attacking game was obvious after a short time under the new regime (I’m attributing this to Mac rather than Rooney to be honest)

so more promising I thought,especially ckr who was a revelation.

I respect your opinion that it was better football and it was/ is down to Mac more than Rooney, it’s not what I saw when watching so only time will tell, we have a mix of fans believing Rooney is in charge and others thinking Mac is pulling the strings guiding / advising team and tactics ,, it’s a mess

9 hours ago, europia said:

Personally, I'm finding it difficult to see positives from a draw scraped against a poor Wycombe side. 

One could forgive a scrappy start to the game with so many changes.

I think what happened was that players with limited ability under pressure looked good for a while against a Wycombe side which in the first half gave them so much room and made mistakes.

A half time reorganisation and rollicking from Ainsworth and Wycombe came out fighting.

We then looked the shaky side who can’t kill teams off again.

We should not hail the new centre forward or the re-emergence of players like Holmes, Forsyth and Lawrence until we’ve seen them playing better sides, starting tomorrow night.

4 hours ago, Archied said:

I respect your opinion that it was better football and it was/ is down to Mac more than Rooney, it’s not what I saw when watching so only time will tell, we have a mix of fans believing Rooney is in charge and others thinking Mac is pulling the strings guiding / advising team and tactics ,, it’s a mess

It doesn’t matter to me who is in charge to be honest,I just wasn’t to see improving performances and results whoever is leading the team.

I saw a big improvement against Wycombe but can it be sustained against Coventry and improved upon?

On 29/11/2020 at 11:07, i-Ram said:

I see @Owen87ITKis logged on. Tell me Owen, when you do your two Uber Eats intros, are Barks or Shinner contracted to squeeze your soft bits a little? You do go up an octave or two, and rush through the message like you need some physical release (or perhaps relief). Remember that next time you make your intro as I sit in my armchair smiling.

Due to social distancing they are regrettably not close enough to squeeze. 

22 hours ago, europia said:

I know what you mean. I certainly didn't feel positive when the final whistle blew. In fact it took me a couple of hours to calm down.

14 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

One could forgive a scrappy start to the game with so many changes.

I think what happened was that players with limited ability under pressure looked good for a while against a Wycombe side which in the first half gave them so much room and made mistakes.

A half time reorganisation and rollicking from Ainsworth and Wycombe came out fighting.

We then looked the shaky side who can’t kill teams off again.

We should not hail the new centre forward or the re-emergence of players like Holmes, Forsyth and Lawrence until we’ve seen them playing better sides, starting tomorrow night.

Yes, we have to consider Coventry City as a team to fear. That's where we are right now.

Archived