v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the thinking, experience and toughness for a lot of it.

But why Lawrence in and Jozwiak? Evans not Bird? Holmes not Knight? The rest of it understand, although personaly I'd have kept Buchannan in the 11 over Foz.

Unless they're going to something mad like Shinnie at LB, Evans CB, Fozzy CDM and Wisdom on the wing.....................

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

In all seriousness it’s probably not what I’d have gone for but it is solid and experienced. Might be what we need in the short term.

Back to basics to try and grind something out and slowly reintegrate youth and flair. 

Problem is, these are the players who have underwhelmed for a long long time. Simply put, Lawrence and Holmes have done nothing to earn a start. 

Are we trying to out Wycombe Wycombe?

3 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I'm glad Knight has finally been dropped. I think really most of us can see that he has been the biggest problem all season.

If there's anyone who deserves a rest, it's Jason Knight, he's been outstanding!

I thought we'd go with a more youthful, attack focused side, particularly with this being Rooney's "first game" and a good opportunity to put a positive spin on himself to become the permanent manager.

I think instead he's focusing on simply not losing and leaking goals. We have the bench to win this game, especially as 5 can come on, however I'm not expecting it to be overly 'pretty'...

Archived