v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

39 minutes ago, RamNut said:

9810908B-60D5-4539-9717-8F70EED1B7DD.thumb.jpeg.5faf28f1a479d644bad15ce0006ae29f.jpeg

Please please please please not one up front anymore it doesn’t work. We’re at home and need to win,  please not just the one up front Wayne 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Throwing Evans to the Beast? You got summat against him mate? He'll get flattened!!?

I wondered about wisdom but Just couldn’t bring myself to pick him.

29 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Please please please please not one up front anymore it doesn’t work. We’re at home and need to win,  please not just the one up front Wayne 

If you find two decent strikers I might agree ?

I wonder if Macs passed on his thoughts and we go with a midfield 3 like we did under him- one CDM and two cms!

When you look at it there are some similarities with our current options:

CDM’s: Beilik (Thorne), Shinnie (Eustace)

CM’s: Bird (Hughes), Knight (Bryson), Sibley (Hendrick)

Now I’m not saying the comparisons are identical, but the blend for a similar type of midfield is there already. It’s just a shame we’ve spent the last few months shoehorning players in!

Sadly one ingredient is missing a wardrobe!

My feeling (and it’ll be unpopular) is we need to utilise CKR more, he’s probably not good enough but neithers Waghorn at present. Previously I would have rotated Rooney and CKR giving them 45 mins each as the pivot, but that seems less likely now........maybe CKR and JHI sharing that role?

37 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I wonder if Macs passed on his thoughts and we go with a midfield 3 like we did under him- one CDM and two cms!

Now I’m not saying the comparisons are identical, but the blend for a similar type of midfield is there already. It’s just a shame we’ve spent the last few months shoehorning players in!

My feeling (and it’ll be unpopular) is we need to utilise CKR more, he’s probably not good enough but neithers Waghorn at present. Previously I would have rotated Rooney and CKR giving them 45 mins each as the pivot, but that seems less likely now........maybe CKR and JHI sharing that role?

Agree with all of this.

52 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Thinking further on this using CKR and  JHI to fill the striker role between them it allows us to use Waghorn on the wing and create much needed competition for those wide births which we desperately need to improve individual performances.

When Ibe is fit we have him, Lawrence, Waghorn and Keith to rotate at will like we used to with Russell, ward, etc

It actually shapes up quite nicely when you put the wingers and midfielder together........we just lack the striker but maybe two mentioned can do a decent enough job till Jan

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He hasn’t been great but not many have....he still has the ability to come up with something special to win a game. Other than adding Ibe in to the mix, this is my preferred starting ix as things stand....

I agree think that’s why it makes him such a frustrating player and more disliked then say someone with a lot less ability. If he played week in week out how he could, he would of probably earned a move to the prem by now. To me he just looks disinterested half of the time. 

On 25/11/2020 at 21:59, hintonsboots said:

Scrappy 1-0 will do it......3 points essential.

I think actually the performance is key @Hintons boots. We need the shape of a football team again with an apex to the attack. Get the shape right and, as Rooney said yesterday, play to enjoy the game. The goals will then come and it will click. Having Sibley start is key along with Knight and Bird. Once we get mobility the goals will flow.

38 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’m deleting my accounts on here, Facebook, Twitter, throwing my phone out of the window and going into hibernation.

I can’t deal with that meltdown.

Your NFL fantasy team might do better with your phone out the window 

We'll soon find out. I'd probably start with this. 

Screenshot_20201128-133211.thumb.png.322afb2dc3db1de0908dabe0bd4747f8.png

The intention would have a very fluid front 3 and midfield 2 behind them. Davies and Shinnie both deserve to play and would be leaders on the pitch. 

Shoehorning Sibley into the team a little, but at least he starts and this might end up as a sort of 4-1-3-2 formation with him more central. 

Archived