Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I cant think of any exceptional amounts in 2018.

Income would have included income from the Fulham play off matches. I don't remember the cup runs that year. Dont remember us being on the tv much in the Rowett year.

Expenses maybe pay offs for previous managers? 

The £14m was an estimate, could be lower. Operating profit or lower operating loss would come about through player sales. With our most saleable assets are academy products so all of their transfer fee would be pure profit. 

So assuming my estimates were spot on (which of course they are not) and we sold Bogle/Lowe for £15m (once again I have no idea of the fee) then you can see how we could potentially report a very small loss or even a profit.

Sheff Utd said at the time it was 4.5 million each.  Assuming half was spent on Jozwiak.  The other paying wages for 3 months . Now old mother Morris cupboard is bare.   

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

God,I'd take having American owners again and cautious Clough over this shambles to be honest.

Just a little bit of stability in this mental year would be as welcome as snuggling up to Anna kournikova in her onesie at the minute

Give over, with your dramatics!   It may have been a mental fortnight... at most! 

Come back in 50 weeks, if you want to start spouting your "Mental year" rubbish!      ?

3 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Highly plausible, a bank can withhold any payment based upon FC implications. In addition, they are not allowed to tell you if the payment is under investigation, the fines for breaching any of the regulations are very very severe. Given the parties involved, it wouldn't have surprised me had this been the case, high risk country, complex structure etc..will have set off all sorts of red flags.

If the payment highlighted any irregularities, then it's also possible that it could be on hold, only caveat I would say is that the timings etc...given a payment of this size, I would expect it to have been sorted by now.

mostly agree with this.  I wan to emphasis that all payments like these are subject to extensive scrutiny, it doesn't mean there is a problem with the payment.  I would disagree that the check can take significant time to complete and may even require bank Board approval.  In such cases the bank will freeze the payment and provide no further comment.  Bank staff can be paranoid in these situations as tipping off can led to a prison sentence and tbh there is no mileage in discussing this angle here

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Give over, with your dramatics!   It may have been a mental fortnight... at most! 

Come back in 50 weeks, if you want to start spouting your "Mental year" rubbish!      ?

Yeah,I forgot that covid never happened or any other dramatic events around the world in the past 12 months.

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah,I forgot that covid never happened or any other dramatic events around the world in the past 12 months.

Then you should have stated "A crazy past 12 months/year"

"This mental year" inferred 2021... well, it did to me anyway. 
I just presumed you had such a good night on NYE, you actually forgot it happened!  ??

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wonder if Pearce will say anything different in the Radio Derby interview.... hopefully someone asks him about the possibility of a fire sale. I fear it’s looking pretty likely at the moment...

I'd imagine he'd say something along the lines of "We're not currently planning to sell anyone, because we don't currently envisage being in charge for much longer, so we'll be leaving that to the new owners"?

Archived