Abu Derby County

tinman

18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's a good couple of weeks since BZI promised to send the money and it clearly hasn't arrived

With Pearce's interview revealing that we thought the money would have arrived in our account, all clear & verified, on December 24th that's already 3 weeks - 1 week longer than thought after Percy's tweet on 31st December saying funds had been remitted.

If we expected the money to be cleared by 24th December, knowing that there would be delays due to checks, it begs the question of how long it has actually been since they sent the money. We could be looking at 5, 6, 7 weeks since it was sent, and it still hasn't cleared?

Rooney was told on 30th November that the takeover should be complete in a matter of days, so potentially even longer than that!

Edited by Coconut

I have no fear of us going into administration as I can't see it happening. I have no concern over how long the takeover is taking or who in fact takes us over.

However, I do have a concern that the players may lack motivation due to not being paid, hopefully they're professional enough to not let it effect their performance. And I am concerned that due to the delays in wages (and takeover) that we're going to end up bringing nobody in during this transfer window. As mentioned previously, the timing of all of this is beyond awkward.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I have no fear of us going into administration as I can't see it happening. I have no concern over how long the takeover is taking or who in fact takes us over.

However, I do have a concern that the players may lack motivation due to not being paid, hopefully they're professional enough to not let it effect their performance. And I am concerned that due to the delays in wages (and takeover) that we're going to end up bringing nobody in during this transfer window. As mentioned previously, the timing of all of this is beyond awkward.

Non payment of salary is a breach of contract.  It is not really their problem is it.  Let's hope the club is professional enough to pay them what they are owed

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Thats one bit I'm not concerned about. Rooney is a top professional, all his ex managers and fellow players have said the same. When it comes to training and motivation he's about as good as it gets. 

He'll have them right for the games coming up.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thats one bit I'm not concerned about. Rooney is a top professional, all his ex managers and fellow players have said the same. When it comes to training and motivation he's about as good as it gets. 

He'll have them right for the games coming up.

Assuming he’s been paid

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

They struggle to motivate themselves when they're being paid on time, so goodness knows what they'll be like now.

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder how Mel is feeling now? Indeed, I wonder what his options actually are?

The takeover must be in doubt. It's a good couple of weeks since BZI promised to send the money and it clearly hasn't arrived. It does seem odd that it could take so long. I have no expertise in the area so am happy to cede to those that do, but surely if you are buying a club in England, you would ensure that funds were with a solicitor based in England to close the deal in the agreed timescale. Waiting for funds to move from the UAE seems very 'excusy' to me - they had lots of notice that funds were going to be required to be in their solicitor's client account.

Mel must be looking at it and thinking 'what do I do?'. It's going to be best for him if the agreed deal gets closed, but his patience must be wearing thin. At what point des he walk away? Is the a legal agreement in place where he can't walk away? Presumably said agreement would have a timescale built in - I wonder how long that would be? I bet Mel would be pulling his hair out if he had any.

This can no longer be about bank transfer issues - it’s something else.  A lady journalist told us that the delay was caused by consortium issues on the sheikh’s side. This is the most plausible explanation we’ve been given I reckon. But doesn’t help us on timing nor on how likely it is to happen  

If the Sheikh can’t sort out the consortium or whatever his problem is, and doesn’t want to close, he’ll probably be able to argue that covid issues allow him to walk. That might lead to a price re-negotiation. That’s when MM wants a stalking horse (eg Dell) 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Hummmm not sure about this deal. How much are they ? Is it mine to keep? Or is it a lease with a big bubble at the end, can I pay upfront, what about my voucher code ? I got a email that said “enter POINTY21” at checkout. Another thing .... Everyone wants 4 or 2 prongs but what about me ... I want 3 points 

Strictly for hire matey. Given how fickle you lot are there's no point in selling them as in a week's time you'll all be back wanting refunds 'cos you're all loved up again. That or to exchange them for ' I ❤️ Dubai' t-shirts, inflatable snakes, or some other such silly bolarks. Not havin' it! 

1 hour ago, belperram9 said:

Yes fair point my friend. Would be interesting to find out. 

August 2008 to September 2008.Man City facing financial meltdown under the then chairman and owner Thaksin Shinawatra .Fans were in uproar, broken promises etc etc so he arranged a quick sale to the current oil rich owners , who got a bargain deal, and the rest is history as they say !
The only reason I can think of for this delay ,as “ the funds have been transferred” ,is that the banks are really scrutinising the source of the monies very closely.I have the same problem with Lloyds every time I shift a few million between accounts! ?

19 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This can no longer be about bank transfer issues - it’s something else.  A lady journalist told us that the delay was caused by consortium issues on the sheikh’s side. This is the most plausible explanation we’ve been given I reckon. But doesn’t help us on timing nor on how likely it is to happen  

If the Sheikh can’t sort out the consortium or whatever his problem is, and doesn’t want to close, he’ll probably be able to argue that covid issues allow him to walk. That might lead to a price re-negotiation. That’s when MM wants a stalking horse (eg Dell) 

I don't know who the journalist is but that's exactly what I picked up from what Pearce said, that the delays might be down to several different investors all having to be checked out for money-laundering etc. 

Didn't know if I was just imagining it or if it was definitely implied?

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Serious point: Claims back on credit cards are time limited as I found out recently. Think its six months from when you paid, rather than from when the service/goods are due! I was in shock so didn't really hear much after "Sorry but no money back"

Serious point:

There's something way, way towards the back of my head...

Wasn't there something about Credit Card companies not covering football club season tickets, due to the whole lot being too risky for them?
I'm going back a fair while, almost certainly over a decade, if not nearer to two!.  It was maybe the case that season tickets couldn't even be purchased on a credit card?  I'm sure the T&C's (at the time) stated something along these lines?

I'm pretty sure CC's can be used now, so probably none of the above is still valid, and almost certainly irrelevant today?

Oh... The above only related to season tickets, I think?.  Match Day tickets didn't panic the CC companies, so they could be purchased with a CC.

My mind is playing tricks, and yet I am "thinking out loud"!  Perhaps even "Waffling".

Feel free to ignore.

Serious point: Claims back on credit cards are time limited as I found out recently. Think its six months from when you paid, rather than from when the service/goods are due! I was in shock so didn't really hear much after "Sorry but no money back"

Does that count when a firm goes into administration?

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

God,I'd take having American owners again and cautious Clough over this shambles to be honest.

Just a little bit of stability in this mental year would be as welcome as snuggling up to Anna kournikova in her onesie at the minute

I don't think you'd fit in her onesie to be honest

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't know who the journalist is but that's exactly what I picked up from what Pearce said, that the delays might be down to several different investors all having to be checked out for money-laundering etc. 

Didn't know if I was just imagining it or if it was definitely implied?

Highly plausible, a bank can withhold any payment based upon FC implications. In addition, they are not allowed to tell you if the payment is under investigation, the fines for breaching any of the regulations are very very severe. Given the parties involved, it wouldn't have surprised me had this been the case, high risk country, complex structure etc..will have set off all sorts of red flags.

If the payment highlighted any irregularities, then it's also possible that it could be on hold, only caveat I would say is that the timings etc...given a payment of this size, I would expect it to have been sorted by now.

Chargeback on your credit card is limited to 120 days after the transaction but section 75 protection (slightly different things) are only subject to the statute of limitations I believe. So, in your case, it depends on why you were claiming.