Abu Derby County

tinman

13 minutes ago, Derbados said:

This reminds me of a situation I was in with ex employer just last year. 

they were the subject of a takeover bid and we were assured “everythings fine” “exciting times ahead” 

then the takeover started to drag on and on and the company became more and more cash strapped “it will be fine” “still nothing to worry about” etc was the daily party line from our CEO and General Manager. 

not long after all redevelopment and major projects stopped, suppliers stoped being paid but still we were told “nothing to worry about” “just a hitch it’ll be fine” we were also fed the line that administration was a proposterous notion, “will never happen to us were to valuable” etc etc  

At this point I could see the writing was on the wall so advised as many of my colleagues to get out whilst they could and was lucky enough to find another job. My line manager thought I was mad for leaving “you’ll regret it” “takeovers almost there” etc etc 

Three weeks after I left, the takeover collapsed and the company went into administration taking hundreds of jobs with it. 

The moral of this story is, take the words of Pearce and Morris at this point very lightly. They are not going to give us the real picture and risk a mass exodus of staff and players until we really are at the point of no return, and by then it’s to late. 

hopefully this takeover gets sorted because I really do fear for the future of this club 

That's the name of the game, Treat all as Mushrooms, Keep them in the Dark and Feed them on BS, A tried and tested procedure to keep all at work and production running smooth, Employees and customers aren't worth their worth where companies are involved where takeovers are concerned...imo.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Missing the income from ticket sales and match day revenue were not. Doesn’t matter how much you reduce your outgoings when there almost nothing coming in you can’t make a profit ??

Hence why the discussion was about the situation pre Covid ??

After other alleged failed takeover attempts with how far this has gone and so publicly presumably there is huge potential professional loss of face and reputation for the investors. If this attempt fails and as a result we are relegated due to lack of reinforcements/administration/new FFP charges then surely noone else in football would look to do business with them if they still want to buy s club? Dont they also have much to lose?

22 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

The is for taking the time to go through that. Seems pretty reasonable, although a couple of questions if I may,

The operating loss is 2018, I'm assuming that there was nothing in there that would have inflated or likewise the other way, that wouldn't be in the latest accounts ( excluding STs ).

If I take the operating loss of 30m, take off the 24m that still gives a 6m loss. Add in the 8m additional wages and that's 14m loss I believe, where therefore does the operating profit come from ?

I cant think of any exceptional amounts in 2018.

Income would have included income from the Fulham play off matches. I don't remember the cup runs that year. Dont remember us being on the tv much in the Rowett year.

Expenses maybe pay offs for previous managers? 

The £14m was an estimate, could be lower. Operating profit or lower operating loss would come about through player sales. With our most saleable assets are academy products so all of their transfer fee would be pure profit. 

So assuming my estimates were spot on (which of course they are not) and we sold Bogle/Lowe for £15m (once again I have no idea of the fee) then you can see how we could potentially report a very small loss or even a profit.

You have to feel a bit sorry for Stephen Pearce. Assuming that what's been divulged is correct, he doesn't have a clue when the takeover will be completed. He's done everything at his end and is just waiting for the money to land. 

I can imagine him and Mel taking it in turns to refresh their online banking page every 60 seconds and just shouting Bamfords at the screen.

53 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Does anyone think they've actually sent any money?

If so, I wish I shared your optimism. 

I was merely taking Stephen Pearce at his word.

I choose to believe that from the club's perspective (/narrative) what they're saying is a matter of fact, or at least what they believe to be fact.

I might suspect they've been had by some dodgy geezer with no intention of ever paying out the agreed fee, but empirical evidence was set aside for the intentions of the post.

56 minutes ago, Derbados said:

This reminds me of a situation I was in with ex employer just last year. 

they were the subject of a takeover bid and we were assured “everythings fine” “exciting times ahead” 

then the takeover started to drag on and on and the company became more and more cash strapped “it will be fine” “still nothing to worry about” etc was the daily party line from our CEO and General Manager. 

not long after all redevelopment and major projects stopped, suppliers stoped being paid but still we were told “nothing to worry about” “just a hitch it’ll be fine” we were also fed the line that administration was a proposterous notion, “will never happen to us were to valuable” etc etc  

At this point I could see the writing was on the wall so advised as many of my colleagues to get out whilst they could and was lucky enough to find another job. My line manager thought I was mad for leaving “you’ll regret it” “takeovers almost there” etc etc 

Three weeks after I left, the takeover collapsed and the company went into administration taking hundreds of jobs with it. 

The moral of this story is, take the words of Pearce and Morris at this point very lightly. They are not going to give us the real picture and risk a mass exodus of staff and players until we really are at the point of no return, and by then it’s to late. 

hopefully this takeover gets sorted because I really do fear for the future of this club 

Same thing happened to a company I worked for and the owners were seeking another buyer.

”Don’t worry. Loads of interest in the business but everything is at a sensitive stage. But business as normal and we can look forward to a secure future”.

They were still trotting out the same line while third party service providers had representatives on site removing their equipment and everything was being dismantled all around us. 

“Business as usual - nothing to see here”.

Then the company went into administration with the loss of 700 jobs.

So I tend to be a bit glass half empty when this sort of thing happens and I’ve seen nothing today in Pearce’s comments that convinces me something adverse isn’t afoot.

Pearces interview was rather poor and the questioning from the interviewer wasn’t the best. 

WHY - I sound like a 4 year old but that’s the main thing. Why hasn’t the money arrived, why are we still waiting about if we are in trouble, why hasn’t this prospective buyer said anything, why has MM not said a peep. 

38 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

You have to feel a bit sorry for Stephen Pearce. Assuming that what's been divulged is correct, he doesn't have a clue when the takeover will be completed. He's done everything at his end and is just waiting for the money to land. 

I can imagine him and Mel taking it in turns to refresh their online banking page every 60 seconds and just shouting Bamfords at the screen.

The Man who pays ? the Piper gets to call the tune.

The interview with Pearce was pointless to say the least. They didn’t even ask remotely any questions it was more like a mate chat down the pub . Him coming on we know about as much as we did yesterday which is naff all other than he said it won’t come to administration 

also these few daily chats they have 

Mel: aup sheikho have you sent the money yet?

sheikh: yeah bro sent it from me account time ago 

Mel: still not in ma man you sure you sent it 

sheikh: bro I’m telling you I sent the wonga

mel: okay I believe you I’ll refresh the online banking next week in the meantime stay safe 

sheikh: you do that Mel I’m telling you I clicked send stay safe 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I cant think of any exceptional amounts in 2018.

Income would have included income from the Fulham play off matches. I don't remember the cup runs that year. Dont remember us being on the tv much in the Rowett year.

Expenses maybe pay offs for previous managers? 

The £14m was an estimate, could be lower. Operating profit or lower operating loss would come about through player sales. With our most saleable assets are academy products so all of their transfer fee would be pure profit. 

So assuming my estimates were spot on (which of course they are not) and we sold Bogle/Lowe for £15m (once again I have no idea of the fee) then you can see how we could potentially report a very small loss or even a profit.

Of course to balance that out, we also paid out fees for players and the model would rely on us generating a surplus of 15m each year from player sales to become profitable. So maybe you can see from my side ( or maybe not?) where I think our current model for this year, we also could still be operating at a bigger operating loss.

Either way, I think we have done this to death now and is irrelevant in the grander events that are going on at the moment. 

Archived