Abu Derby County

tinman

I was put off by SPs comments like “I wasn’t part of those discussions” which given his position within the club I find surprising. My overall feeling was SP made the comment simply to avoid having to answer the question.

Perhaps Mel had SP field the questions as SP could claim plausible deniability, which Mel could not.

Fingers crossed that things get sorted out soon.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

To sum up for any folk who didn't catch the interview.

On the takeover:

All about timings. In constant dialogue with those in UAE and despite delays they have no concerns over it not happening, so much so that Mel hasn't even considered alternative solutions should this deal not go through. No threat of administration. Any of the actual stuff we don't know much about he claims he can't talk about because of confidentiality. Says he's in regular contact with those in UAE but avoided answering whether he'd seen evidence funds had actually been sent from their end. Also says the club is currently being run in tandem with the potential new owners who don't actually own the club yet.

Cool ...

On transfers:

PLANS PLANS PLANS. STRATEDGY STRATEDGY STRATEDGY. 

Sounds like we'll probably sell some players but he makes it sound like that was the plan all along and it's not suddenly a fire sale due to the wages problem. Was asked specifically, using Sibley as an example, about selling players on the cheap and said that would not happen. 

On season tickets:

Refunds are 'happening as we speak.' 

I would be shocked and disappointed if the first bit is true.  One rule for all successful businesses is to plan for the unlikely and have contingency plans in place. If MM has seriously not considered exploring the “what if” the sale falls through  options, it would be very poor stewardship indeed. I doubt for one moment that part of the interview is true 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Haven't read much from the Rams Trust stuff because, honestly, I thought it was some younger blokes throwing a bit of a hissy fit because they're not hearing what they want to hear, but this chap on Radio Derby at the minute is speaking very well and explaining his concerns in a well thought out and sensible manner. 

I think you’re confusing the Rams Trust with Rams Group, who were only formed on Twitter over the weekend, I believe.

Jim Wheeler (the guy on the radio now) is the head of Rams Trust, who have been going for a while now. He was involved in taking down the 3 Amigos IIRC.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Would still be very disappointing to lose some of our top prospects from the U18s/U23s before we actually get to see what they can do. However, it least it wouldn’t impact on the first team and our Championship survival prospects. If that’s what it takes to get the player wages paid ASAP and sort this mess out, then so be it.

A mildly positive post?! I’ll get David to check your account’s not been compromised ASAP!

Seriously though, it would be disappointing but I’d get over it pretty fast. If Knight, Sibley, Bird etc were sold for next to nothing then that’d be gutting.

We’ll have players we can sell like Kaide Gordon who, given a run in the side, could be worth a lot more than we’d get for him now. Then again, he might not. I suspect if we wanted to sell a 16-year-old Mason Bennett we’d have got more than we did when he was 22 or 23. You just never know what’s going to happen.

Academy players will leave clubs of our level when it’s beyond our control really, such as Liam Delap who would be a first-teamer if City didn’t poach him. However, at least we have a good academy to fall back upon in times of potential hardship. Many clubs aren’t so lucky.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

I think you’re confusing the Rams Trust with Rams Group, who were only formed on Twitter over the weekend, I believe.

Jim Wheeler (the guy on the radio now) is the head of Rams Trust, who have been going for a while now. He was involved in taking down the 3 Amigos IIRC.

Ahh, that would make more sense. Thank you.

I quite like listening to Jim, he shares a lot of feelings I have about the club and the takeover but does a much better job than I ever could of expressing those concerns. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Stephen Pearce isnt going to be involved in all the negotiations regardless of his position at the club. As stated by Radio Derby the deal is between Mel (not Derby County) and the new owners so Pearce wont be involved in conversations about the deal itself. 

Which is almost certainly why he's been wheeled out to do the media stuff today.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, not mentioning the sale was disingenuous. 

Saying that a transaction of tens of thousands of pounds would make us beach FFP limits was a blatant lie.

Fair enough when you put it like that but I still think this take over will happen very soon