Abu Derby County

tinman

59 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Academy graduates that aren't first teamers? Assuming that isn't just referring to starters (ie inclusive of Bird, Whittaker, etc) then I can only assume that's Gordon and possibly the likes of Duncan, Ebosele...)

I assume the 'debts' are wages and ST refunds.

51 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Sure, just before I start, just want to check accounting period - Bogle etc would be in last years accounts ? Is that right so we are not debating that ?

No, the sale of Bogle falls into this period. 7 September 2020 (the transfer date) came after 1 July 2020 (the start of the accounting period).

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, not mentioning the sale was disingenuous. 

Saying that a transaction of tens of thousands of pounds would make us beach FFP limits was a blatant lie.

Was he referring specifically to the 2018 period, or could it have been the 2019 period. If it could have been the latter, it looks like we finished off only £1m away from the limit.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Was he referring specifically to the 2018 period, or could it have been the 2019 period. If it could have been the latter, it looks like we finished off only £1m away from the limit.

Yeah, suppose it was January 2019 when the forum was but of course the 2018 accounts had not been filed by then.

Perhaps it is a bit strong using the word lie but think it is clear that the wool was being pulled over the fans eyes.

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In terms of wages?

In terms of calculation of if we are operating a loss as at today.

So if I take your figures which shows us at running at a 14m loss (think that's what it was) before any sales etc....

You had Bogle and Lowe at 16m (was reported at 7-12m) sale however if I offset them at the middle ground of 10m against incomings (we are a 2m loss now), 5m, we are still running at a 7m loss. Not sure if they are in this years accounts though, which is where question came from.

Add in legal fees for court case, PC / team package for removing them and signing on, agent fees, then we are looking at 7m+++ at a minimum ?

“In constant dialogue with those in the UAE”

The sheikh is not returning our calls, will you please ask him to call us when you see him”

On confidentiality”

We can’t comment on anything because we don’t know what the Dickens is going on as the sheikh is not returning our calls

“On not selling players on the cheap”

That would be a first, we’ll take anybody’s first offer”

On season tickets”

Refunds ? What refunds ?”

Selling our best young prospects to fund players like kelle Roos who can’t catch and Waghorn who couldn’t hit a barn doors wages! Ouchhh. All that talk from Mel about how much these academy could sell for in the future and now he will end up giving them away. Absolutely shocking buisness. Worst thing to happen to us Mel is, made us a laughing stock and now he’s putting the icing on the cake and ‘selling’ us to someone who sounds just as bad as he is if not worse. 

13 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

In terms of calculation of if we are operating a loss as at today.

So if I take your figures which shows us at running at a 14m loss (think that's what it was) before any sales etc....

You had Bogle and Lowe at 16m (was reported at 7-12m) sale however if I offset them at the middle ground of 10m against incomings (we are a 2m loss now), 5m, we are still running at a 7m loss. Not sure if they are in this years accounts though, which is where question came from.

Add in legal fees for court case, PC / team package for removing them and signing on, agent fees, then we are looking at 7m+++ at a minimum ?

Sale of Bogle and Lowe was in September 2020 so will be reflected in the accounts for year ended 30 June 2021.

I would not be surprised at a £7m loss, but also think that is manageable at this level.

We were losing more than that with GSE in charge.

7 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Selling our best young prospects to fund players like kelle Roos who can’t catch and Waghorn who couldn’t hit a barn doors wages! Ouchhh. All that talk from Mel about how much these academy could sell for in the future and now he will end up giving them away. Absolutely shocking buisness. Worst thing to happen to us Mel is, made us a laughing stock and now he’s putting the icing on the cake and ‘selling’ us to someone who sounds just as bad as he is if not worse. 

Based on what exactly?

You appear to have concluded we have done some shocking business based up on a scenario you have made up yourself?

3 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

The interview with Pearce was pointless to say the least. They didn’t even ask remotely any questions it was more like a mate chat down the pub . Him coming on we know about as much as we did yesterday which is naff all other than he said it won’t come to administration 

also these few daily chats they have 

Mel: aup sheikho have you sent the money yet?

sheikh: yeah bro sent it from me account time ago 

Mel: still not in ma man you sure you sent it 

sheikh: bro I’m telling you I sent the wonga

mel: okay I believe you I’ll refresh the online banking next week in the meantime stay safe 

sheikh: you do that Mel I’m telling you I clicked send stay safe 

You watched Four Lions recently or what?

Rubber-Dingy-Rapids, Broh

Its some of us fans i feel sorry for (not myself).

This lockdown stuff has been tough on some people. Not allowed out the house properly, can't see you're mates, some people have lost jobs. For some people going to the football is all they look forward to all week & their only escape. 

I know we can't go because of the current circumstances but after a genuinely depressing week for some, watching us on the TV is all they have. The season has been rubbish & depressing enough. Now there is all this to contend with, potential administration, players leaving on the cheap & Derby being in serious trouble. 

Were all worried or annoyed about the clubs current situation but im genuinely concerned what this is doing to some of our fans mental health. 

9 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

How many millions was it we paid Nuneaton Town for Roos? I’ve forgot...

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sale of Bogle and Lowe was in September 2020 so will be reflected in the accounts for year ended 30 June 2021.

I would not be surprised at a £7m loss, but also think that is manageable at this level.

We were losing more than that with GSE in charge.

Well let's hope it is only 7m per year, based on sky's latest story 7m per month being invested, even without attendance revenue, appears to be very high.

15 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Just a minute I’m in no way in favour of selling our young players to keep some of the tripe we have but I doubt anyone could predict this pandemic 2 years ago when we signed some of these players. 

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Academy graduates that aren't first teamers? Assuming that isn't just referring to starters (ie inclusive of Bird, Whittaker, etc) then I can only assume that's Gordon and possibly the likes of Duncan, Ebosele...)

I assume the 'debts' are wages and ST refunds.

No, the sale of Bogle falls into this period. 7 September 2020 (the transfer date) came after 1 July 2020 (the start of the accounting period).

Whittaker has put in a loan request.

Archived