Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Of course to balance that out, we also paid out fees for players and the model would rely on us generating a surplus of 15m each year from player sales to become profitable. So maybe you can see from my side ( or maybe not?) where I think our current model for this year, we also could still be operating at a bigger operating loss.

Either way, I think we have done this to death now and is irrelevant in the grander events that are going on at the moment. 

No, not sure I see how you think we could be operating at a bigger loss?

I'd like to know how long we are willing to wait. In Pearce's TalkSport interview he didn't sound too panicked about it, not that he'd have gone on there flapping anyway...

But if they're just sat waiting for the money to arrive there must be a point where it has to be given up sometime soon? I'd imagine from that point, Dell is waiting in the wings to take charge. Either way we need some certainty and some stability, so if any owner can bring that and prevent the squad from being ripped apart then that would be very welcomed.

A small clip from the interview has just been played - SP: "I've had conversations as recent as this afternoon with those in the UAE and they assure me there are absolutely no problems." 

Players are unpaid, we're weeks/months later than when they initially expected it to be completed and there's now suggestions we may have to have a fire sale in order to raise funds for those unpaid wages because of the incomplete takeover. No problems ....

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, not sure I see how you think we could be operating at a bigger loss?

Sure, just before I start, just want to check accounting period - Bogle etc would be in last years accounts ? Is that right so we are not debating that ?

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

A small clip from the interview has just been played - SP: "I've had conversations as recent as this afternoon with those in the UAE and they assure me there are absolutely no problems." 

Players are unpaid, we're weeks/months later than when they initially expected it to be completed and there's now suggestions we may have to have a fire sale in order to raise funds for those unpaid wages because of the incomplete takeover. No problems ....

Lol! #showmethemoneyffs

Selling to these guys is selling us down the river - thanks Mel!

Just now, Coconut said:

Everything is just "I'm not party to individual conversations" "we've been assured"

I don't think he's lying, it just seems he genuinely doesn't actually know the details were asking for, even if he was allowed to tell us.

And now they've just asked if they've considered looking at other possibilities because of this big delay and he replied, "absolutely not."

Mel has no money and this takeover is repeatedly being delayed and he's not even thought about other possible solutions. He's very brave.

Our finance guy has no knowledge of the deal or discussions regarding the deal . He also has no knowledge or been party to how the financing of the deal has taken place or when the money will get here. Bit of waffle about money laundering rules and cross border transfers.  ???????

He has no idea why the money wasn't here by 24th December.  Now looking to redirect funds to cover wages but working on it- ( 3 weeks).  Won't discuss if any money in the club.  Won't discuss if other loans needed.  Won't discuss overdue accounts - totally different topic due to EFL investigation. 

Won't discuss much and knows less.

Sounds like they will take offers for young players as part of transfer strategy. 

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

That’ll be the Derby Fire Sale.

Must end Monday. ?