Abu Derby County

tinman

Where has all this talk of administration popped up from other than journo rubbish is there actually any truth in it? 

The business man MM is I don’t believe there is any chance he’d let his asset and true love go into administration, at worst the buy out will fall through, he’ll pump a bit of money in until another buyer is found even if it’s a lesser amount, rather than lose everything surely!? 

12 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Anyone saying it’s the banks fault now due to checking AML etc is wrong.
£60million pound transfers don’t sit Idle for the best part of a month, sometimes a few days maybe 1 week but if your transferring that amount of money the bank delivers a more personable service and they work with you to resolve it fast. They will certainly have their own dedicated senior commercial manager with a support team working on it. 
If the funds “have” been transferred and they are still being held, then the chances are the receiving/sending bank or HMRC think it’s dodgy and have suspended the funds. 

The likelihood is they never sent it or they certainly didn’t send it until very recently.

Or.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55658942

So it's 100% clear we are not going into administration and the deal has no issues whatsoever.. yet people would far prefer the click bait drama of impending doom..fire sales..bankruptcy.. relegation to the local post office league..

I prefer to stick to what we are being told from the club..not the equivalent of Fox News...

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Operating loss in year ended 30 June 2018 was £30m.

Since then I think the players that we have bought in are, that are still on the wage bill, are as follows:-

Waghorn / Marriott / Bielik / Ibe / Jozwiak / Clarke / Te Wierik / Marshall / Byrne / Richards

I would hazard a guess that the wages of these players would all fall between £10k and £20k per week, so an estimate of £8m per year.

So add that on to the £30m already being lost and lets say round it up to £40m.

To knock off that is the wages for the following:-

Vydra / Thorne/ Weimann / Olsson / Keogh / Carson / Johnson / Nugent / Butterfield / Blackman / Nugent / Bogle / Lowe / Malone / Martin / Huddlestone / Shackell / Pearce/ Bent / Ledley / Bryson / Anya / Bennett

I would hazard a guess that these average out somewhere between £10k and £30k per week, probably towards the upper estimate.

Taking £20k per week would reduce the wage bill by £24m.

Then of course there would be Rowett maybe on £1m? Replaced now by Rooney, who's wages are covered by the 32 Red sponsorship money?

Obviously some of the younger players will have had pay rises as they come into the first team and there is the ground rent.

But I think it is pretty reasonable to assume we have made a huge dent in the losses reported in previous years.

Throw in the sale of 1 or 2 of the acadmey players a year and I dont think it is beyond the realms of possibilty of operating at a profit.

PS - sure I will have missed players off so please feel free to correct me

The is for taking the time to go through that. Seems pretty reasonable, although a couple of questions if I may,

The operating loss is 2018, I'm assuming that there was nothing in there that would have inflated or likewise the other way, that wouldn't be in the latest accounts ( excluding STs ).

If I take the operating loss of 30m, take off the 24m that still gives a 6m loss. Add in the 8m additional wages and that's 14m loss I believe, where therefore does the operating profit come from ?

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

So it's 100% clear we are not going into administration and the deal has no issues whatsoever.. yet people would far prefer the click bait drama of impending doom..fire sales..bankruptcy.. relegation to the local post office league..

I prefer to stick to what we are being told from the club..not the equivalent of Fox News...

78dc858f7957c4bb0045d2929afd4d25.jpg

This reminds me of a situation I was in with ex employer just last year. 

they were the subject of a takeover bid and we were assured “everythings fine” “exciting times ahead” 

then the takeover started to drag on and on and the company became more and more cash strapped “it will be fine” “still nothing to worry about” etc was the daily party line from our CEO and General Manager. 

not long after all redevelopment and major projects stopped, suppliers stoped being paid but still we were told “nothing to worry about” “just a hitch it’ll be fine” we were also fed the line that administration was a proposterous notion, “will never happen to us were to valuable” etc etc  

At this point I could see the writing was on the wall so advised as many of my colleagues to get out whilst they could and was lucky enough to find another job. My line manager thought I was mad for leaving “you’ll regret it” “takeovers almost there” etc etc 

Three weeks after I left, the takeover collapsed and the company went into administration taking hundreds of jobs with it. 

The moral of this story is, take the words of Pearce and Morris at this point very lightly. They are not going to give us the real picture and risk a mass exodus of staff and players until we really are at the point of no return, and by then it’s to late. 

hopefully this takeover gets sorted because I really do fear for the future of this club 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes but which players? If it's Holmes, Waghorn and Lawrence, that's a different story.

First off we can't sell anyone which would hinder us from a P&S point of view - that excludes Lawrence, Bielik, Marriott and most likely Jozwiak too. We'll be too close to the limit to sell anyone for a paper loss unless absolutely necessary (such as administration).

It's also very unlikely that it'll be someone currently out on loan - why pay to sign them now when they'll be free in 6 months anyway? That currently rules out Carson, Mitchell, Ravas, Malone, and Jozefzoon.

The preferred list will be those out of contract in the summer as there will be no P&S impact on the transfer fee, but we make a saving on wages. We may also get a small fee for the transfer to go through now, rather than waiting 6 months. This will be Wisdom, Davies, Holmes, Waghorn, and Kazim. Kazim is un-droppable and Wisdom is the only other regular starter at the moment so we may want to hold on to him until we can get a replacement in first. Davies is out for the rest of the season so isn't going anywhere. 

Next up is those who are fringe players with low potential - Roos, te Wierik, Evans, Forsyth, Shinnie, Ibe. Shinnie would have a few takers in this league, but he's been a regular under Rooney so may not want to get rid. te Wierik seems very likely to go, but maybe we're keeping hold until we know we can get another CB in? Would anyone take a risk on any of the others given their injury histories?

Next in the list is Marshall and Byrne, then the academy graduates are the only players left after. Hopefully we don't have to get this far down the list.

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

So no press conference today about the game Saturday 

No press conference and not a single tweet from the club.

I don't really know what I'd like them to tell me about but we normally get a daily barrage of inane tweets about a load of nothingness.

Everything about our club at the moment just feels wrong.

19 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes but which players? If it's Holmes, Waghorn and Lawrence, that's a different story.

Anyone in the last year of their contract should definitely be sold if we can find a buyer particularly Holmes, malone, waghorn especially if we are not going to offer them another contract or they won’t sign one  

Take of this what you will, but thought it may be worth sharing. I know someone who has actually met the sheik a couple of times. Around the period that the Newcastle "takeover" was being talked about. He also knows people who are very close to him / his family. The Sheik is, supposedly, not wealthy in his own right, and certainly would not have the money to be involved in a football club. However, unsurprisingly, he does know a lot of wealthy people.  

So it may be that the Sheik is serious about wanting to own Derby, but cannot afford it. And I guess that him trying to find backers to fund the takeover of a club, that could potentially be in league one next season is proving more difficult than when he first enquired.  Also any sensible businessman would look at our situation and know that the longer they wait the less he would have to pay. The only assets are the players (well some of them). If the assets are disposed of, or not worth £60m then I think Mel is going to struggle to give the club away to a new owner.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

With Pearce's interview revealing that we thought the money would have arrived in our account, all clear & verified, on December 24th that's already 3 weeks - 1 week longer than thought after Percy's tweet on 31st December saying funds had been remitted.

If we expected the money to be cleared by 24th December, knowing that there would be delays due to checks, it begs the question of how long it has actually been since they sent the money. We could be looking at 5, 6, 7 weeks since it was sent, and it still hasn't cleared?

Rooney was told on 30th November that the takeover should be complete in a matter of days, so potentially even longer than that!

Does anyone think they've actually sent any money?

If so, I wish I shared your optimism. 

4 minutes ago, Harrogate ram said:

Take of this what you will, but thought it may be worth sharing. I know someone who has actually met the sheik a couple of times. Around the period that the Newcastle "takeover" was being talked about. He also knows people who are very close to him / his family. The Sheik is, supposedly, not wealthy in his own right, and certainly would not have the money to be involved in a football club. However, unsurprisingly, he does know a lot of wealthy people.  

So it may be that the Sheik is serious about wanting to own Derby, but cannot afford it. And I guess that him trying to find backers to fund the takeover of a club, that could potentially be in league one next season is proving more difficult than when he first enquired.  Also any sensible businessman would look at our situation and know that the longer they wait the less he would have to pay. The only assets are the players (well some of them). If the assets are disposed of, or not worth £60m then I think Mel is going to struggle to give the club away to a new owner.

It doesn't matter whether the money comes from him or not - the point is he presumably couldn't have signed and sealed the deal (which is what we're told has happened) without proving that he has the funds at his disposal in a bank account that he controls... which means his investors would have already transferred the money to him, so don't see how they could change the conditions or pull out now...

8 minutes ago, Harrogate ram said:

That fits with what we've been told about him before, he's a wheeler dealer type and a sat on a huge pot of gold type.

Also fits with the current clustergibson.