Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Well let's hope it is only 7m per year, based on sky's latest story 7m per month being invested, even without attendance revenue, appears to be very high.

Well as stated earlier, losses in June 2018 (excluding ground and profits on sale of players) were £30m.

Lets assume wage bill has not changed (which I am sure looking at my list earlier, you wil agree it has dropped significantly), income will have dropped by £15m max, that means other costs will have had to have gone up by £40m per year if MM is having to put £7m a month in.

I'm calling BS on the story.

3 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Well let's hope it is only 7m per year, based on sky's latest story 7m per month being invested, even without attendance revenue, appears to be very high.

Historically January and February have always been the worst time for clubs in terms of cash hence the relatively new concept of half season tickets on sale in December and the renewal period for the following season being brought forward. 

I guess its been heightened by the lack of revenue on a game to game basis that clubs used to get every 2 weeks. 

24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

How many millions was it we paid Nuneaton Town for Roos? I’ve forgot...

25 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

How many millions was it we paid Nuneaton Town for Roos? I’ve forgot...

It was around 30,000 so in other words we’ve lost 30,000.

54 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Sky Sports saying Mel is putting 7m into the club a month

"Whilst Derby await a resolution in the takeover saga, it’s thought Mel Morris is still funding the club to the tune of several million pounds a month."

--

Ahem!

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

I think you’re confusing the Rams Trust with Rams Group, who were only formed on Twitter over the weekend, I believe.

Jim Wheeler (the guy on the radio now) is the head of Rams Trust, who have been going for a while now. He was involved in taking down the 3 Amigos IIRC.

He really wasn't that involved in taking down the 3 Amigos - That was the RPG Group from start to finish!

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Your right, I’ll add him into my list of worst buys in club history ?

I’m not saying that, just saying we are selling our best prospects which could be worth millions to pay for players wages such as Roos etc not just him, you could say it through half the first 11. 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

hat's as much as anyone needs to say on the matter I think.

Well, except that regardless of ones opinions on the effectiveness of his stewardship, many of us wish him well and would appreciate knowing that he’s OK. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Stephen Pearce isnt going to be involved in all the negotiations regardless of his position at the club. As stated by Radio Derby the deal is between Mel (not Derby County) and the new owners so Pearce wont be involved in conversations about the deal itself. 

From the info that's available,Pearce is named as a director on Companies House for many if not all the companies associated with Derby County. Why would he not be privvy to the negotiations ?

Archived