Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, belperram9 said:

I kind of understand where Stephen is coming from. It’s not like it’s a normal bank transfer in the UK.

it is coming from a part of the world were nefarious money related activities are common place, it needs to pass numerous checks etc and probably adhere to a range of international rules. It’s not a Bond film where someone presses a button and the finances are straight in the bank regardless of where you are in the world. 

There will be added scrutiny by international law in the deal. 

People will still blame Mel and Stephen however, as if they purposely are holding up the deal. Baffling. 

I'm sure that's correct. 
But wouldn't you expect that high flying international businessmen would not only know this, but also know what such rules entail, including just how long it would, realistically, be expected to go through.  I doubt they came up with the "Expected to be finalised on 24th December" on the 23rd!.

If such rules, checks, and laws mean that it is likely to take six weeks, wouldn't they plan accordingly, and "Expect it to be finalised during the last week of January"?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think most people need to wait for mr or mrs Hindsight to have the opportunity to give their informed and up to date opinion 

A lot of people prefer to make a prediction then add some guff like 'happy to be proved wrong', rendering the prediction useless as a display of derring-do.

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A lot of people prefer to make a prediction then add some guff like 'happy to be proved wrong', rendering the prediction useless as a display of derring-do.

I hate being wrong - which is why I'm always right ?

48 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't know who the journalist is but that's exactly what I picked up from what Pearce said, that the delays might be down to several different investors all having to be checked out for money-laundering etc. 

Didn't know if I was just imagining it or if it was definitely implied?

Right here goes, Lets say there's 7 buyers in the consortium, 3 from the UAE, 1 Russian, 1 Turkish, 1 Azerbaijan and 1 from Chaddesden Derby ?.

All 7 say they have the cash sitting in their bank accounts circa 8million £s each, The bank/banks will be checking where this money came from is that what you're intimating?, Which bank does the checks? do the checks look at all bank statements, Is it done face to face, Are their Lawyers for all 7 involved, 8million could have come from 20 different sources and each source would have to be checked...it's a ruddy minefield of biblical proportions to do all these checks...no wonder it's taking a looooooooooooooooooong time 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Strictly for hire matey. Given how fickle you lot are there's no point in selling them as in a week's time you'll all be back wanting refunds 'cos you're all loved up again. That or to exchange them for ' I ❤️ Dubai' t-shirts, inflatable snakes, or some other such silly bolarks. Not havin' it! 

Very canny that. Pitchfork Rentals. It’s a growing market. Make hay while it snows. I did think about stakes -for burning at - but single use stuff isn’t very environmentally friendly 

Fair play to Stephen Pearce for coming out and giving us an update on what’s going on. As a lot of us were saying yesterday, someone had to say something. It still does nothing to put my mind at rest, but I’m a pessimist, so that’s not easy. Sometimes I wish I could be like some of the happy clappers on here, and never believe that the club could be in any danger.

The interview just basically reiterates what was already reported, in terms of everything being sorted other than the final payment. Nothing new really. What is concerning however, is that the payment was originally due on Christmas Eve. What could possibly be taking this long?! I think the simple answer is they haven’t actually sent the money like they claim to have done, and are never going to do so. That seems pretty blatantly obvious to everyone, they’re a bunch of chancers, as we saw at Newcastle. So why on Earth are we still messing around hoping this deal will go through, putting the future of the club in danger in the mean time?! It’s clearly never going to go through, so it’s time to cut the BZI clowns off, and focus on getting the players paid and keeping the club running until we can find a genuine buyer.

Right now, I still fear we are in serious danger. With no one funding the club, we’re almost certainly going to lose our best players to bring in cash to pay players wages. At this point, that’s almost the least worst outcome. It could get far far worse if we can’t raise the cash, because I can’t see anyone giving us a loan. Players will leave for free and we’ll end up on the verge of administration. The only silver lining I can see is the potential of the club defaulting to MSD. If that happens, you’d surely think it would be worth their while saving the club, and selling it on for a profit. All depends on how much debt we are in though as to whether that’s viable.

4 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Woah, steady on there. Which two posters have I challenged, I posted, which I'm sure you read that neither of us know. Anyone would think you have an agenda the way you are following me around (sound familiar ? )

Im sure you can also remember, as it was the post, that at the time I said it was interesting how some posters (mentioning no names) ask for facts when it suits them, but aren't so forthcoming when it doesn't.

As I already said, I have no way of estimating it, based on some of the other things I listed in the previous post (I'm sure you read that), given the accounts are late, I'm sure you know that, however I'm happy therefore for you to give me your estimates. I'm sure you have them to hand, showing how we would be in profit had it not be for COVID. 

Operating loss in year ended 30 June 2018 was £30m.

Since then I think the players that we have bought in are, that are still on the wage bill, are as follows:-

Waghorn / Marriott / Bielik / Ibe / Jozwiak / Clarke / Te Wierik / Marshall / Byrne / Richards

I would hazard a guess that the wages of these players would all fall between £10k and £20k per week, so an estimate of £8m per year.

So add that on to the £30m already being lost and lets say round it up to £40m.

To knock off that is the wages for the following:-

Vydra / Thorne/ Weimann / Olsson / Keogh / Carson / Johnson / Nugent / Butterfield / Blackman / Nugent / Bogle / Lowe / Malone / Martin / Huddlestone / Shackell / Pearce/ Bent / Ledley / Bryson / Anya / Bennett

I would hazard a guess that these average out somewhere between £10k and £30k per week, probably towards the upper estimate.

Taking £20k per week would reduce the wage bill by £24m.

Then of course there would be Rowett maybe on £1m? Replaced now by Rooney, who's wages are covered by the 32 Red sponsorship money?

Obviously some of the younger players will have had pay rises as they come into the first team and there is the ground rent.

But I think it is pretty reasonable to assume we have made a huge dent in the losses reported in previous years.

Throw in the sale of 1 or 2 of the acadmey players a year and I dont think it is beyond the realms of possibilty of operating at a profit.

PS - sure I will have missed players off so please feel free to correct me

Anyone saying it’s the banks fault now due to checking AML etc is wrong.
£60million pound transfers don’t sit Idle for the best part of a month, sometimes a few days maybe 1 week but if your transferring that amount of money the bank delivers a more personable service and they work with you to resolve it fast. They will certainly have their own dedicated senior commercial manager with a support team working on it. 
If the funds “have” been transferred and they are still being held, then the chances are the receiving/sending bank or HMRC think it’s dodgy and have suspended the funds. 

The likelihood is they never sent it or they certainly didn’t send it until very recently.

Stephen Pearce is a decent bloke, but is talking s**te. How can you say what he said with a straight face, blaming the timing, to why you've got senior members of the squad and staff not getting paid. We're halfway through the transfer window, sitting in the bottom 3, with no prospect of improving the squad. 

The bloke buying the club already had red flags against his name and reputation, even his wealth, this does absolutely nothing but add fuel to the fire. This doesn't have a happy ending, regardless of how it plays out in the next couple of weeks and that's not even my pessimism. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Operating loss in year ended 30 June 2018 was £30m.

Since then I think the players that we have bought in are, that are still on the wage bill, are as follows:-

Waghorn / Marriott / Bielik / Ibe / Jozwiak / Clarke / Te Wierik / Marshall / Byrne / Richards

I would hazard a guess that the wages of these players would all fall between £10k and £20k per week, so an estimate of £8m per year.

So add that on to the £30m already being lost and lets say round it up to £40m.

To knock off that is the wages for the following:-

Vydra / Thorne/ Weimann / Olsson / Keogh / Carson / Johnson / Nugent / Butterfield / Blackman / Nugent / Bogle / Lowe / Malone / Martin / Huddlestone / Shackell / Pearce/ Bent / Ledley / Bryson / Anya / Bennett

I would hazard a guess that these average out somewhere between £10k and £30k per week, probably towards the upper estimate.

Taking £20k per week would reduce the wage bill by £24m.

Then of course there would be Rowett maybe on £1m? Replaced now by Rooney, who's wages are covered by the 32 Red sponsorship money?

Obviously some of the younger players will have had pay rises as they come into the first team and there is the ground rent.

But I think it is pretty reasonable to assume we have made a huge dent in the losses reported in previous years.

Throw in the sale of 1 or 2 of the acadmey players a year and I dont think it is beyond the realms of possibilty of operating at a profit.

PS - sure I will have missed players off so please feel free to correct me

Missing the income from ticket sales and match day revenue were not. Doesn’t matter how much you reduce your outgoings when there almost nothing coming in you can’t make a profit ??

A lot of the dire speculation is also on dodgy click bait sites..its obviously taking an age but still think this is going through..this time next year we will be billionaires Rodney..

Good times are ahead...pass the guitar...

Kumbayaaaa

Archived