Abu Derby County

tinman

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

People were probably saying the same in the GSE era.

Stuck in the Championship.

Losing £9m per year.

Owners who no longer wanted to plug that gap.

Bottom 6 wage budget.

Could only afford 'Barker type fees'.

Big difference, under GSE they took us forward, could argue that it was at snails pace, but they did.

Under MM we have fallen at an alarming rate, with more off field headlines than on.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Big difference, under GSE they took us forward, could argue that it was at snails pace, but they did.

Under MM we have fallen at an alarming rate, with more off field headlines than on.

You'd be hard pressed to find too many that were saying that at the time.

Weren't there protestd outside the ground at one point?

Mel took over us before Wembley, yes we’ve been very close since but this has becoming for a while now, sacking managers left right and centre spending big money on average players etc, now he just wants gone as fast as possible and will try and sell us to anyone

Just now, Topram said:

Mel took over us before Wembley, yes we’ve been very close since but this has becoming for a while now, sacking managers left right and centre spending big money on average players etc, now he just wants gone as fast as possible and will try and sell us to anyone

And has taken the ground off us.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The thing I find on this forum is, the so call doom merchants make their points but I very rarely see them personally attacking anyone

I can honestly say that is incorrect. In theast 24 hours alone I personally have removed over 50 posts and they have been from "happy clappers" and "doom merchants" (which are 2 phrases I despise on this forum). 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You'd be hard pressed to find too many that were saying that at the time.

Weren't there protestd outside the ground at one point?

Doesn't matter if people were saying it at the time, looking at the two tenures, one took us forward the other hasn't...unless you disputing that ?

31 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

You genuinely think it's a good idea to 'not turn up on Monday' because your salary was late? Good luck, you're going to need it.

A day or so maybe, I would go in, but these players have not been paid for weeks now.

In that case, I certainly would not be going in to work until I'd been paid

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

And has taken the ground off us.

I'm still a little confused about all this, Why would someone want to buy us for the reported £60million when we don't own the ground, What are the buyers paying for, A group of players that are in the bottom 3, Who owns Moor Farm? is this in the deal?, If not what are they actually buying?

Confusing times for me...and others too i'd imagine ?‍♀️

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Doesn't matter what industry you're in, if you're the type of person that thinks "If i hadn't been paid from work i wouldn't turn up on Monday", you're going to find your opportunities limited. That's a freebie piece of advice, hope it helps.

And that (unfortunately), is why a lot of crappy employers get away with murder.

2 hours ago, Gritty said:

There is a difference between supporting the club (the players who represent the city of Derby in contests versus clubs of other localities), and supporting an owner who isn't paying his players. 

The two are completely distinct

Gritty, (from all of "us" who don't live in the city), our name is Derby COUNTY. 

4 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Doesn't matter if people were saying it at the time, looking at the two tenures, one took us forward the other hasn't...unless you disputing that ?

Nope Ive never said that have I?

I said the reaction of 'this is the worst state we've been in for 30 years' is the sort of thing we hear quite regularly in the cycle of this football club.

4 minutes ago, James Pond said:

I'm still a little confused about all this, Why would someone want to buy us for the reported £60million when we don't own the ground, What are the buyers paying for, A group of players that are in the bottom 3, Who owns Moor Farm? is this in the deal?, If not what are they actually buying?

Confusing times for me...and others too i'd imagine ?‍♀️

No idea. We’ll have to wait for all the expert accountants to explain it. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nope Ive never said that have I?

I said the reaction of 'this is the worst state we've been in for 30 years' is the sort of thing we hear quite regularly in the cycle of this football club.

I don't think it is. People will always comment on the ownership, as the do the team. It's been a long time since we have faced relegation, with the sort of headlines that we do on a regular basis.

Also irrelevant, you can only compare the two tenures, as it stands now, the poster believes that this is the worst the club has been for 30 years, at this point it's hard to argue, regardless of why anyone said in the past.

20 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

He always liked to spout off on Talk Sport when all was rosey, but where is he now?

Cowardly actions 

Give it rest Oldtimeram. You don’t actually know why he’s not speaking publicly at the moment so, it’s a bit hasty to call it cowardly.

6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I don't think it is. People will always comment on the ownership, as the do the team. It's been a long time since we have faced relegation, with the sort of headlines that we do on a regular basis.

Also irrelevant, you can only compare the two tenures, as it stands now, the poster believes that this is the worst the club has been for 30 years, at this point it's hard to argue, regardless of why anyone said in the past.

In the days of the 3 amigos we just missed out on relegation.

Archived