Straw poll

Sean

Cocu in or out?  

484 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope but if you look at the criteria your setting then it points to a relatively small period that maclaren was in charge , god who’s to say he could find that blend again if he came back , he’s not really found it since he left and not too often before in his career,

all this stuff about how we must play ,results aren’t enough guff does my head in ,,all out charge of the light brigade is the only thing that will be accepted ,oh and we have to be challenging for promotion with it or else

I’m actually not one of the Mac 3 disciples; I’d rather see a Paul Cook type. Anyway it’s a moot point, Morris has given Cocu his backing so it’s more of the same for the foreseeable. 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do the ‘in’ voters see? Not many first teamers missing now are there?

Rooney, Sibley, Bielik still out and Lawrence and waghorn only just about back and likely not fully match fit. I’d say near on 40% of first teamers missing or unfit is still quite a way off having the ability to field our best 11

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

how many times would you eat a Chef's food if he served you undercooked or burnt disgusting food? Would you sit there saying "it's too soon, I'll keep coming back for another year, eating this rubbish, in the deluded hope that something will change"??

The manager's job is to get the best out of the 11 on the pitch. There's probably not a team in professional football that currently has it's best 11 players available!!

I keep on going back to Macdonalds. Sometimes it’s better than others. Bit like football has always been.

Ibe, Bielik, Rooney, Sibley out and Lawrence, Waghorn and Wisdom only just back from lengthy absences.

All 7 would be in our matchday squad if fully fit and match sharp.

I see the last 2 games, one narrow win and one narrow loss, against quality players. We aren’t far away, we have been patching the first 11 up. The new signings of Marshall Byrne and Jozz look good and have made a difference. Waghorn got on the pitch as sub for the first time yesterday and Lawrence had his first full start. Ibe is to come, the young players who started last season have lost a bit of adrenaline but in the next few games will gain some experience. The manager has been trying stuff hoping to find the right blend. Sometimes it just happens, sometimes not. I maintain my stance that Cocu gets my full support regardless of results until feb and then we look at the league position and see if we need a bail out. 

The hard bit we face is that half our team is young and lacking experience. There has been a run of poor results which will be damaging. I hope they have the character to dust themselves off and have another go. That is the biggest part of Cocu’s job for the next few games ... motivation. I think the skill and the tactics are there .. just need to believe, stick together and fight. 
getting rid of the manager in the hope of a quick bounce that could easily fizzle out is pointless, hasty and undeserved on Cocu

In, until we can field a team chosen from a fully fit and available squad for at least 3/4 matches.

Other teams might have injuries as well, but not the complete forward line at one go. I wonder

if anyone can remember when we lost our whole midfield  Hughes, Thorne etc.. I can't recall eveyrone 

screaming to get rid of the manager.

Everyone agrees we have quality players fighting to get match fit, 4/5  at least

My only criticism of Cocu at the moment is that he let Martin leave without a def replacement - and i

don't even think that's really down to him!

2 hours ago, bcnram said:

It is not so much he hasn't have what you term his best players, it is more that he hasn't been able to turn out a side with a half decent balance to it. 

please elaborate.

Balance? As far as I am aware, we have had players available to play in their suited positions for most of Cocu's tenure.

I believe you're confusing "set-up" with "balance", One is a mindset, the other is resource-based.

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm not reading it as posters saying Derby are poo as much as they are saying Derby are massively underperforming, underachieving and underscoring. There's a difference. As I've been saying since the Nigel Clough era, if a manager is getting 7/10 (or better) performances from players, and the team still loses, then the players aren't good enough. BUT, if those players are playing 3/10, then they are not performing and the manager's job is to get those players performing.

It's been said enough times, but in 2013, Clough had them playing 4/10, SMac got them up to 8/10. 

Using this logic, Cocu has these players at 4/10.... the question is, who can get them to 8/10?

Well said. We have a squad that’s top six ability. I just don’t think we will get anywhere near that with a negative approach which even when players are back, I still think Cocu will take this negative approach.

5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders won’t get you out of this league. The three attackers, none are prolific scorers. All leads to 2 goals in six matches!!

With a more positive attitude shown by a more attack minded team selection we could have beaten a poor Watford and a poor Huddersfield for sure. 

Well the only person who’s opinion matters in all this is backing him and fair play to him for doing so. He must see enough behind the scenes to have faith he’s the man. A key remit was bringing through the academy players and you can’t deny he’s done well there. 
Mel would be a brave man to stick if we continue to lose games as we are but bravery is what’s needed here. Something has to give.

Come on Phil get some results please and prove everyone wrong again. 

I really like Cocu, his honesty and the way he conducts himself. Unfortunately the circumstances and recent unprecedented events at DCFC would determine that the four year plan / new footballing philosophy are just not suited to the club at this time. I do hope Cocu can leave the club in an amicable & dignified manner. It would be sad for his tenure to end on a bad note. 

14 minutes ago, ramit said:

i am at the point of considering a season without relegation, further building of the youngsters and staying financially afloat a major success

You can keep building and playing youngsters for the next 10 years but you can’t magic them into world beaters. Jamie Hanson is a prime example. He had all the characteristics of a first teamer according to Wassall.  

The reality is that a lot of senior players have been replaced with youngsters this year forcing them to sink or swim. It’s not fair on them at all! 

Cocu may have all the tools to develop young talent in the Dutch league, where the football is more structured, but the sheer physicality and  grind of the championship is a different ball game all together.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Definitely... it was around 60/40 out in the first hour or so after the game finished.

Because the vocal minority of keyboard warriors get on quickly after a disappointing result to vent their spleen. The more considered silent majority take longer to digest the result & give a more balanced view. 

Not surprised there is a slight majority for Cocu in. He deserves more time at least until the window opens again in January & he’s had some time to work with more of his first choice 11. I think if things are still a struggle at that point then he can consider himself to have been given a fair crack of the whip if MM decides to pull the plug. 

Mel is backing him because he's doing as Mel has asked with the academy players and squad. We've generally sold players or players have left that are better than their replacements. Combine that with the young players not playing well, injuries (everyone must have seen Lawrence made a difference) and some signings not being fit we currently have a worse team than last year. We're not going down, we're not going up, so please let's get some stability.

20 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Because the vocal minority of keyboard warriors get on quickly after a disappointing result to vent their spleen. The more considered silent majority take longer to digest the result & give a more balanced view. 

Not surprised there is a slight majority for Cocu in. He deserves more time at least until the window opens again in January & he’s had some time to work with more of his first choice 11. I think if things are still a struggle at that point then he can consider himself to have been given a fair crack of the whip if MM decides to pull the plug. 

Can’t keep trying to scrape from transfer window to transfer window, we’ve only just come out of one.

Archived