Straw poll

Sean

Cocu in or out?  

484 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We will be in a much bigger mess if Cocu leaves mid way through the change we're clearly going through.

Or do we just scrap the academy altogether and throw money at proper recruitment?.

Has to be one way or the other. Cocu brought into Mel's vision. That requires patience from Mel, Cocu, players and supporters. If we can't be patient scrap the academy. Isn't that what Brentford did?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I wonder how the straw poll would go if it was a choice between Cocu or Rooney.

That's a fair point, the assumption I'm and everyone else I believe is making is that if Cocu goes then a better replacement will be sourced. 

Who's to say Rooney won't be more successful weirder things have happened. 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Personally (to cut down the list) I would say wassell or Rooney if for no other reason than that they are both at the club and on the payroll and would the cheapest and easiest options to take up.

I prefer wassell massively.

I'd be surprised if Wassell wanted the job after all the crap he got last time.

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

my fear is that Cocu is a Neil Lennon/Gordon Strachan. Winning the league with Celtic is as easy as winning the league with PSV. But then a competitive league is too hard.

Ajax are the team in Holland he broke the mould with PSV 

1 hour ago, dlm77 said:

not true, eredivise history shows 3 different winners in past three years

58 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Whoever hasnt sold off their best players yet wins. Simple. 

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Haha, you mean Champions League winner PSV are supposed to not be a big team? Hilariously misinformed. A Champions League, a Europa League and 24 Eredivise titles and they're not one of ''the'' teams. 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think we did play some better football in that although we were against the weakest teams at that point and we still had a lot of somewhat bewildering tinkering going on even then.

It was better yes, but I wouldn't go as far as the poster did and call it attractive. We still weren't fluent going forward, and we still didn't score **that** many goals during the spell. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It was better yes, but I wouldn't go as far as the poster did and call it attractive. We still weren't fluent going forward, and we still didn't score **that** many goals during the spell. 

And we had cm being the centre piece of most of the goals which we haven't now,in a kick yourself up the arse bit of nifty transfer action.

Archived