Straw poll

Sean

Cocu in or out?  

484 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Still in and by some way. Thought we did just ok in the previous game. An improvement on what we'd seen before but a ways to go all the same. Against Hudders, I thought we took a decent step forward again despite the absence of some key players and in the first half at least, we played some really good stuff. could easily have got more from both matches. Waiting until a manager has assembled a team then chucking him out before said team is tested is the express highway to another period of extended misery IMO.

I've read all the Cocu arguments on here but I'm still miles from convinced we're anywhere near a point where a call needs to be made. To sack Phil without even waiting to see what happens when he gets a few more of the likes of Sibley, Rooney, Bielik, Ibe and a match sharp Lawrence and Waggy too, just seems daft to me. Each to their own, I guess.

As for Forest, folk should also remember that while we're struggling to field a fit 11, they have a huge squad of players to pick from and though others may disagree, Friday's game is only worth 3 points, just the same as all the others. 

I understand your "excuses" for Cocu being given more time. But I believe it's not fundamentally a question of personel, rather Cocu not being able to motivate and his tactics. 

I am still Cocu in. He has dealt with some real crap in just 1 year and this is ontop of having to sort the team out from a mish-mash of previous managers. The least he deserves is some time. I am talking 2 years minimum. 

Tough times really sorts the wheat from the knee jerking chaff. I will reserve my evaluation of the team and Cocu once he has some half decent players to actually use.

I can't help but think this 523 formation is simply because the team is so out of shape with injuries that we are just hunkered down to stop leaking goals see reading at home and try and grind out 1.0 wins until we have our creative players back.

Lawrence, Kamil, ibe, bielik, waghorn, sibley would make any team look better very quickly.

There is still work to be dont including a striker that fits the mould in Jan. Time is key. If you can't deal with it maybe time some time away yourself.

If the last 3 games had been drawn would this even be a thing? We would have the same points, the fact we were inches away in the last 2 games from getting draws as well (Rooney sitter rolling the wrong side of the post against Watford and Clarke hitting the post last night), just makes me think this talk is rather premature. 

11 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I understand your "excuses" for Cocu being given more time. But I believe it's not fundamentally a question of personel, rather Cocu not being able to motivate and his tactics. 

They're not excuses their my "opinions". And it's entirely your prerogative to believe what you wish about the dearth / wealth of  'personel' (sic) at Cocu's disposal, I just happen to disagree with you. 

4 hours ago, England Ram said:

I voted in.

Only just.

The reasons I'm still in...

The first half performance was a very different type of performance that we've seen all season and I actually thought we played really well. The movement from the front 3 and the forward looking passes from our midfield were a joy to watch.

We have a team of relative youngsters and some of our top players just returning from injury so he's been short handed all season.

We have no money, we will have even less if we get rid of 4/5 managers and coaches so we won't be able to strengthen in Jan even if we wanted to.

I don't want Rooney to get anywhere near managing our club. If Eddie Howe was knocking on the door, or Lee Johnson of that ilk then I might think differently.

I would rather sign a good manager than get players in jan 

Still in.

But I'm a fan of the club foremost, so its hurting to see another season of failure disappearing into the distance - so I wouldn't be outraged if Mel decided he goes. That would obviously depend on knowledge gained from inside the club, with the players and staff feeling that the slide is terminal. 

I said before the Norwich game his tactics put him in danger, but we won. Futher negative formations have resulted in defeats and now the pressure is really on. 

If you set up a team to nick results then its always going to put you at risk. 

Thought we were reasonable first half but when we conceded we looked clueless. No leaders, no drive, no momentum. 

If Forest really take us to the cleaners he will be on the edge and he will have himself to blame because whilst he has had a lot to deal with his tactics are increasingly negative and dull.

15 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

They're not excuses their my "opinions". And it's entirely your prerogative to believe what you wish about the dearth / wealth of  'personel' (sic) at Cocu's disposal, I just happen to disagree with you. 

I appreciate you stating they are your opinions, but to me they are excuses - my opinion

2 hours ago, Justa said:

But we were playing Ok against a very poor Huddersfield team !!!! Playing Ok for one half and losing badly in the 2nd half is just not good enough !!!

wake up !!!!!!

(sorry getting a bit stressed now!)

In what universe was that a "very poor Huddersfield team"?!

11 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

What's the point getting rid of Cocu now? It's not like anyone has to travel a long way to see games. The guy has had to deal with so many problems. We need stability.

we are not getting stability, we are regressing as a club and our style of play is worse then previous managers, not stable.

6 hours ago, Cool As Custard said:

In - if we go down we go down. It might be better in the long run to drop down a division & press the reset button fully.

It wouldn’t be the end of world - the club will still be here 

if we cannot press the reset button in this league, what makes you think we can do it in a lower league? Ridiculous notion, considering the excuses/backing for Cocu are that we are in the midst of a reset right now!

2 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

In what universe was that a "very poor Huddersfield team"?!

Sorry - Both Huddersfield and Watford were awful and if we had anything about us, they were games we should be winning.

Hell, they were games we should be trying to win, not play a formation or have a mentality which is 0-0 is fine.

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Well he's hardly going to come out and say he's firing him or Friday is a last chance saloon.

Surprisingly and clearly unbeknown to you, there's a third option and that is to not give an interview to John Percy in the first place. Hmmm...

Anyway, not that you'll accept any comment that contradicts your chosen narrative, this ma provide some guidance for others as well as addressing your comment.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sorry - Both Huddersfield and Watford were awful and if we had anything about us, they were games we should be winning.

Why exactly 'should we be winning' against these two teams? If we're as poo as you've been making out for weeks now, then why would you expect us to beat anyone? Can't have it both ways. It's all the more confusing because I thought the guy who scored is valued at about the same as the entire team we put out and I'm pretty sure Watford had 10 others on the pitch too. 

Ah, must be just me...

Archived