Straw poll

Sean

Cocu in or out?  

484 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was In, now I'm out, but I feel dirty for feeling that way.

This isnt Phil's fault, I'm sure had he been allowed we would have Sam Lammers up front, Kadioglu on the wing, Van Ginkel in the centre etc etc. And I dont doubt for a second that when he joined the club he was probably promised these types of players once our investment rocked up.

I'm still in because I ultimately want to see this management team turn it around and get this club moving in the right direction.

9 defeats in the last 12 games doesn't fill me with confidence that he is going to, though.

If he goes, I think it might be time to return to a more pragmatic coach who gets the most out of players and knows what this league is all about. Pains me to type that, really. The Cocu appointment was like a dream come true. I love Dutch football, that style.

So sad it hasn't worked out. Just feel gutted. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was In, now I'm out, but I feel dirty for feeling that way.

This isnt Phil's fault, I'm sure had he been allowed we would have Sam Lammers up front, Kadioglu on the wing, Van Ginkel in the centre etc etc. And I dont doubt for a second that when he joined the club he was probably promised these types of players once our investment rocked up.

I feel exactly the same. I like Cocu in theory, I like how he comes across in interviews, and on paper I like this new vision for the club. Who wouldn't want Derby to field 5/6 academy graduates in the first XI while filling out the rest of the side with quality Dutch/Turkish players?

That's not the position the club is in, though. We've scored 1 goal in our first 6 league games and that was a free kick. Bird is regressing, Knight is playing out of position, Bogle is gone. Teams do not start their seasons this poorly unless something has gone badly wrong.

We actually played quite well in the first half but were still so far away from looking threatening. And since Cocu took over, metrics like xG have hated us. It's probably time to accept that things aren't going to get better and cut our losses

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Giving time to the wrong guy won't yield results, no matter how nice he is or how much you want it to. Ultimately, Cocu's job is to get results on the field, and it isn't happening. I voted out. 

I've gotten to the point where I feel sorry for him as I wanted him to do well but ever since the Blackburn game I've completely lost faith and as each game goes by it looks worse and worse, for me if we loose on Friday he has to go. This is the most miserable I've felt supporting Derby since we bottled the playoff final and were gettin battered under Clough at the start, even with injuries its completely unacceptable and I think Mel will be considering his options at the moment. 

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

I've gotten to the point where I feel sorry for him as I wanted him to do well but ever since the Blackburn game I've completely lost faith and as each game goes by it looks worse and worse, for me if we loose on Friday he has to go. This is the most miserable I've felt supporting Derby since we bottled the playoff final and were gettin battered under Clough at the start, even with injuries its completely unacceptable and I think Mel will be considering his options at the moment. 

I wouldn't even give him another match. Football is supposed to be a hobby, it's meant to be entertaining. I struggle to derive a single bit of pleasure from watching Derby at the minute. The football's bad, the results are bad, there are no green shoots of encouragement. We need a change of direction.

I don't think the players are playing for him now, 2 minutes added time to go and we faff about outside the box with no interest in whipping it in.

We get in good positions then stop for a look around, the player next to them decides not to make space, but instead to stand 3 feet apart and gain no ground. Every ball needs to be inch perfect because we run into traffic yet they slice us apart so easily. 

Negative, dull, uninspiring, tedious football. Bring back the days of 2014 where we could be 4 down but still have hope we could turn it around. Now, if we concede 1, that's it. 

Negative body language. Same old cliche phrases on social media. Rooney absent coming up to what could be a make or break few matches. 

Cocu seems to be a really nice guy and i hate to see it like this and wish it could have worked out. However i don't see this getting better and we would be delusional to think relegation wasn't a big possibility. 

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

Negative, dull, uninspiring, tedious football. Bring back the days of 2014 where we could be 4 down but still have hope we could turn it around. Now, if we concede 1, that's it. 

Even the losses under McClaren, other than maybe that Reading game at home, you could usually find some enjoyment in. There is nothing now. No pleasure in watching us at all. And we're still poo.

Archived