Straw poll

Sean

Cocu in or out?  

484 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

we are nowhere near equal-footing to them if that is what you are suggesting. They a -1 goal off automatic promotion spot right now. We are 2nd bottom in real terms. If Sheff Weds win their appeal that is.... 

Watford are competitive, winning, have great players, have cash in the bank, have a new-manager Bounce... do I need to go on? lol

And are owned by people that own another club that send them decent players for nowt to help with FFP.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Watford made it work.

Doctor : come in Roy we’ve got your test results

roymac5 : oh....right....don’t tell me, it’s bad news isn’t it?

doctor : well Some good news Roy, some....

roymac5 : Ah i knew it

doctor: well let’s be positive Roy, and start with the good news

roymac5 : I suppose that means the bad news is really bad

doctor : firstly, the good news.....you haven’t got cancer!

roymac5 : are you sure you’ve got that right?

doctor : Yes...good news Roy!.....however.....

roymac5 : oh here we go...

doctor : ......your blood sugar level is a little bit high....

roymac5 : and I’m going to die

doctor: no no, you.....

roymac5: I’m going to suffer excruciating pain and my legs will drop off?

doctor : no you....

Roymac5 : I’m going to go blind, lose everything, and end up in the gutter, drinking my own piss

doctor: no Roy....just cut back on the sweet stuff.....fewer carbs Eh?

roymac5 : good god, what sort of a doctor are you? Are you actually qualified?

doctor : yes, Roy I’m.....

roymac5 : you’re worse than the last doctor....

doctor : the one you campaigned to be removed from the medical register?

roymac5 : yes him, and with very good reason too!

doctor : ah, what was the reason? What was it he did again Roy? That upset you so much?

roymac5 : well, he called himself a doctor for a start.

doctor: he was a doctor Roy. 

roymac5 : ah don’t you start, you’re all the bloody same....in fact you’re worse. Calling me in here. Giving me false hope. Telling me my legs aren’t going to drop off, and I just need to cut back on the carbs....

doctor:....and you’ll be perfectly well, and live to a ripe old age.

roymac5: oh for fck sake....you are supposed to make me well.

doctor: you are well Roy. Nothing to worry about. Just go steady on the beer and chips and the worthers originals. 

roymac5 : And life won’t be worth living.

doctor : (smiles) 

roymac5 : here.....will you sign this.?

doctor : certainly Roy what is it?

roymac5 : it’s a petition.....

doctor: oh?

Roymac5: I’m starting a petition to have you removed and the old doctor brought back. 

doctor : ah, yes indeed, I’ll happily sign that for you!
In fact I’ll sign it as me, and I’ll Also sign it on behalf on my wife, the receptionist, and the tea lady, hows that!

Roymac5 : very good. Don’t I get a prescription?

doctor: oh yes, I nearly forgot. Take one big spoon of sugar and Runny honey every morning and just before you go to bed.

keep you sweet!

roymac5 : um.....won’t that make ill?

doctor: No no. Right as rain. As fit as a fiddle.

Roymac5: So.....will I still be able to follow Derby County?

doctor: (passing him the petition)  of course Roy, why do you ask?

roymac5 : sniff.....it’s the only fkn pleasure I get.

TheEnd

p.s. all characters are fictional. Any reference to any living person is entirely coincidental.

Whenever I think about this I just can not get over all of the Derby County corner flag ******** Cocu has had to put up with. It’s been an absolutely ridiculous period and when you go through it methodically, you see Cocu hasn’t had a chance to manage Derby County yet. He did sign a contract with Derby but was sent by accident to work for Corner Flag FC.

Comes in late, doesn’t really get to make his own signings, good luck replacing Mount, Wilson and Tomori...

Loses his captain and best CB through awful circumstances...

Oh, Rooney’s showed up, academy players are coming through and with this investment we can make some signings in January! We really need a CB and winger. Nah, EFL taking legal action against us for no good reason and we’re under a soft transfer embargo.

Investment will have to wait and oh yeah, the club record signing is out for the season...

Bloody hell, we’ve found some form here and even grabbed some away wins. Sibley looks class! Oh yeah, unprecedented global pandemic hits. Great.

Back from pandemic, putting some results together. Oh! Wisdom’s been stabbed. Oh, Lawrence is suspended and look so is Waghorn. Funnily enough, those are the positions we wanted to add in January. Miraculously have a shot at the play-offs but fall apart down the stretch.

Despite having to sell off some young talent, we’ve made some decent signings this summer but erm...we don’t seem to have anyone fit. Martin’s left, Waghorn’s injured and we’re stuck with what used to be Jack Marriott playing up front.

Finally grabbed a win against Norwich and Rooney looks fit for the first time since March. Good to hear that Phil, unfortunately he’s out for three games with COVID nonsense, not that Rooney even has it.

Now there’s probably someone who’s going to say these are excuses and they’d be right. But what have I said that isn’t true? This all happened and I think we’ve got so used to it that people are forgetting this isn’t normal.

Managing a football is really difficult in the best of circumstances and even more so when you have to deal with as much off the field poo as Phil has. We still need to improve, just because it’s difficult doesn’t mean we shouldn’t expect results and I want us to do well just as much as the next fan. 

But cut the guy some slack, weirdest year or so in recent memory. 40 games to go! I think Cocu deserves much longer to get us up and running. Has he really had a fair shot at the job yet?

4 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

It's slowly crept up since Tues. 

yes. Influenced no doubt by the resolute & firm rebuff by Mel. Still I’m not wavering. It’s still a no from me. And after tomorrow it’ll still be a firm no regardless of the result.,As nice as the chap is Cocu is not the answer. 

Cocu would hardly have been shocked that Mount Tomori and Wilson would be gone..they were gone before he arrived...and why the assumption that he was unaware of Rooney arriving.. I thought conversations with Cocu convinced Rooney to come here??

46 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Whenever I think about this I just can not get over all of the Derby County corner flag ******** Cocu has had to put up with. It’s been an absolutely ridiculous period and when you go through it methodically, you see Cocu hasn’t had a chance to manage Derby County yet. He did sign a contract with Derby but was sent by accident to work for Corner Flag FC.

Comes in late, doesn’t really get to make his own signings, good luck replacing Mount, Wilson and Tomori...

Loses his captain and best CB through awful circumstances...

Oh, Rooney’s showed up, academy players are coming through and with this investment we can make some signings in January! We really need a CB and winger. Nah, EFL taking legal action against us for no good reason and we’re under a soft transfer embargo.

Investment will have to wait and oh yeah, the club record signing is out for the season...

Bloody hell, we’ve found some form here and even grabbed some away wins. Sibley looks class! Oh yeah, unprecedented global pandemic hits. Great.

Back from pandemic, putting some results together. Oh! Wisdom’s been stabbed. Oh, Lawrence is suspended and look so is Waghorn. Funnily enough, those are the positions we wanted to add in January. Miraculously have a shot at the play-offs but fall apart down the stretch.

Despite having to sell off some young talent, we’ve made some decent signings this summer but erm...we don’t seem to have anyone fit. Martin’s left, Waghorn’s injured and we’re stuck with what used to be Jack Marriott playing up front.

Finally grabbed a win against Norwich and Rooney looks fit for the first time since March. Good to hear that Phil, unfortunately he’s out for three games with COVID nonsense, not that Rooney even has it.

Now there’s probably someone who’s going to say these are excuses and they’d be right. But what have I said that isn’t true? This all happened and I think we’ve got so used to it that people are forgetting this isn’t normal.

Managing a football is really difficult in the best of circumstances and even more so when you have to deal with as much off the field poo as Phil has. We still need to improve, just because it’s difficult doesn’t mean we shouldn’t expect results and I want us to do well just as much as the next fan. 

But cut the guy some slack, weirdest year or so in recent memory. 40 games to go! I think Cocu deserves much longer to get us up and running. Has he really had a fair shot at the job yet?

so what's the excuse for not being able to get those on the pitch to perform?

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Maybe. Just maybe it could be that only 2 players started against Watford who started our first game last season. Maybe it is that those available, are a mixture of kids and average champ players without any creativity. All those attacking players are/have been unavailable.

It isn't the kids who have let us down. Which in a way could well be looked as a positive for Cocu

Does it not cross your mind that the players might also be affected by all the off the field crap. Or that knowing most of your teams goal threat is unavailable could have an impact?

Derby teams in recent seasons have been crap when just one or two key players were missing. But we expect Cocu to have a solution when that other managers didn't. 

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Maybe. Just maybe it could be that only 2 players started against Watford who started our first game last season. Maybe it is that those available, are a mixture of kids and average champ players without any creativity. All those attacking players are/have been unavailable

that does not answer the question. 

The question is "why aren't the players (whoever they are) that are on the pitch... performing?"

Those not at the club, those injured, those not selected... they're irelevent, only the players on the pitch count.

So many on here with all the easy answers Makes me laugh. Only takes a player to have a bad performance and all of a sudden he's a donkey ,shouldn't be playing for the club,next game scores the winner and the same folk can't stop singing his praises.Lawrence a typical example .

Same with Cocu, guys hardly been here long enough to buy a patio set and people wanting him out after six games into the season ,when he hasn't been close to having his best eleven out yet .Not suggesting we will beat forest tommorow but if we did no doubt many will be thinking we are going up,and Cocu becomes a semi God until we lose next.

Were we not aware Cocu came in as a long term fix, to develop youth players into the team, create his own squad and work to making us successful ,What part of Long term do any you not understand. Can't remember many aposing his appointment knowing he would need time,yet 1 year in it appears easier to shout him out .The team was depleted when he joined with no opportunity to appraise the squad, mount ,tomorri,  gone leaving huge unaffordable gaps to fill. Belick  a very promising signing (agreed by most) out injured. First proper window for Cocu and he appears to have found a few moderately priced players obviously working within confined financial restrictions ( again think most fans would be pleased with potential of latest signings) 

Success is not instant, it comes with commitment ,endevour, tenacity, good fortune, And planning . If Football management was so easy how come Lampard didn't get us promoted with the quality of loanees from chelsea?

I am not suggesting Cocu  is the right man, I agree results and performances haven't been great but I also appreciate the emensity of the challenge and that anyone requires an appropriate amount of time .is twelve months long enough for any manager, it wasn't for ,Brian clough,klopp, Ferguson ?? Yet your of the opinion it's too long for a foreign manager with all the poo he's had to deal with.

Think a lot of fans although wanting the best for the club have unrealistic expectations, no understanding of finance,man management,training or development.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

that does not answer the question. 

The question is "why aren't the players (whoever they are) that are on the pitch... performing?"

Those not at the club, those injured, those not selected... they're irelevent, only the players on the pitch count.

Really? Very simplistic to suggest those on the pitch aren't affected to some degree by those who aren't available. Particularly when it happens to be all your scorers and creators. Anyway.

Who actually has let the side down in the last 3 games? What more would expect from Marshall, Byrne, Davies, Clarke? Buchanan has done very well. Knight has been doing a great job. Evans a bit rash against Watford. Holmes not up to speed but he never has had an end product. Shinnie does his job.

What are most of those players? 6/7 out of 10 a week players. That to me is our current problem.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

He has mate.

Started to put it all together pre-COVID, not only were we winning away but were putting teams to the sword. From January-March, despite no January signings, we were one of the best teams in the league.

It’s been a poo show since but there’s so many variables right now that I can excuse poor performances. Variables is the key word here, this isn’t a level playing field. Cocu isn’t bottling a brilliant situation here.

In fact, he’s got incredibly difficult parameters. Introducing academy products while trimming the squad and, oh yeah, we’re expecting you to make the playoffs too. 

He could definitely do better and he deserves the chance to prove that. And when I say the chance, I don’t mean he has tomorrow night to prove it, I mean he has minimum 10 games to. Minimum. 

The impatience at this club is doing my nut in, FINALLY after seven ducking years we’ve had a manager stick around more than one season and build a bit of a team. We’ll end up right back where we’ve been countless times if we sack him.

And of all the managers to stick around! We’ve got the one that’s won multiple league titles, that’s had us playing attractive winning football and that deserves more time.

15 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Very simplistic to suggest those on the pitch aren't affected to some degree by those who aren't available

I haven't suggested anything like this. I'm saying those not available are irrelevant to the manager's job during a matchday, simply cos the manager has to work with and organise, and motivate the XI starting, and any subs.

10 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I know. I’m appalled too. It’s called scapegoating and is totally predictable from normal group dynamics. Just hang in there. Enlightened people have to put up with this all the time. 

It’s a bit annoying to be honest, as I’m guessing it wasn’t a paean to my football knowledge? I didn’t actually read it!
Why fans who question Cocu after over a season plus an awful start to the next one should be made to feel their views are not only without value but unreasonable too is anyone’s guess.

However, as with my opinion on Rowett, I am not intractable and when Cocu has us Top 6 I shall express my relief and pleasure. #COYR

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It’s a bit annoying to be honest, as I’m guessing it wasn’t a paean to my football knowledge? I didn’t actually read it!
Why fans who question Cocu after over a season plus an awful start to the next one should be made to feel their views are not only without value but unreasonable too is anyone’s guess.

However, as with my opinion on Rowett, I am not intractable and when Cocu has us Top 6 I shall express my relief and pleasure. #COYR

I have seen nothing from you roy,other a fair counter argument to some who hold a opposite viewpoint..the difference being that you dont resort to personal insults when the difference in opinion doesn't go your way.

Keep up the debate mate,that's what a forum is for.

Archived