Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

3 hours ago, Jase116 said:

Out of curiosity, because I don’t want sibbo to leave, but if for example Leeds came in with 20 million and we could say reinvest on Wilson, baba( Chelsea lb) and a centre forward would you be more inclined to except a bid? Or as we’ve been linked with Tyler Roberts would you say take 10 million and Roberts and say bring in Wilson and the Chelsea lad on loan. Just hypothetically obviously 

Was thinking the same thing - Wilson + Baba + CF for Sibley - no brainier for me - adds  quality in 3 positions

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

We're all Derby fans & so is Sibley but if i was him id jump at the chance to go. Other than it being Leeds why wouldn't you. 

Big club, big wage rise, the chance to work and develop under bielsa and if you play well enough the chance for an England call. He'd be silly not to consider it 

Agree with everything you said.  OK, it's Leeds but it's the PL, under Bielsa and it'd be a fantastic opportunity.  Assuming it's true of course.  Surprised it's so public. 

When you consider how much some of the other Championship transfers have gone for (Eze £16m, Watkins £28m, Bowen £20m) if we do sell, it needs to be on a deal reflective of Sibley's skill and huge potential.  If he goes on a Hughes type deal I'll be gutted, dare I say angry. This is a kid destined for the big time IMO and we should reflect that.  He is that good. If we accept less than £15m we'd be fools. So I expect him to go for £6m then knowing us. 

People need to get used to this quickly...all of the youngsters are for sale and will leave...this is how Mel wants to run the club, get academy players in, improve them into decent championship players and sell them on....it’s a great business model. 
And if there is any truth in this then he will go, big club, massive pay increase, financially secure for the rest of his life, working for one of the most respected and talented coaches in the world...of course he will go. 

Have actually offered anything ?

Let's see the colour of their money if their really serious about this before start pinning about lose of Louie

We however would (if we did) be selling potential which may or may not be truly fulfilled.

If we could exact a sum of upwards of £25 million plus adds for aapearance,caps and persentage sell on fee, then your talking.

I think even Mel would find that hard to turn down.

Cocu could be given 10 million of that to re-build and rest put by for a rain (covid) day.

Just a thought

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I think it's more likely a case of we know we'll have to pay X but you continue to be on our radar and we watch with great interest. 

If they came in for him now, or Jan or next summer, they'd expect to have to pay the same. 

Sounds like tapping up.

I would love him to respond to the speculation (if asked) with a "What shirt am I wearing bruv?" kind of reply. Always hate Jermaine Beckford for that snub while Leeds were in League 1, but it would be sweet for Sibley to switch the tables on them.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

sorry, but Sibley is nowhere near good enough to play for Leeds right now.

I disagree with this.

Leeds wouldn’t be interested if they didn’t think Sibley had something to offer or couldn’t be developed to fit the Bielsa way.

Look at their squad.

They have a small core of senior players and the rest of the squad is made up of hungry young players looking for a chance to make their mark.

Bielsa has already given game time to numerous players aged 21 and under this season with little to no disruption to results.

I am not sure why Sibley - one of the most highly rated youngsters in English football - would be any less effective if given the chance.

Let's see Leeds put their money where their mouth is. They've not even made an offer as yet but are still happy to make their interest public. Low-rent as ever.

As for folk banging on about what a great move it is for Louie... ? He hates Leeds. He'll know he's going to end up in the Prem at some point, with or without us and I'd wager decent coin that the last club on earth he'd choose would be Bamford central. 

Any action by the FA or the Premier League on what is essentially "tapping up" and pretty public at that.

The lad Cantwell at Norwich has already been left out of the side having had his head turned by being unsettled by transfer speculation.

Of course, it's always happened but shocking nonetheless.

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

As for folk banging on about what a great move it is for Louie... ? He hates Leeds. He'll know he's going to end up in the Prem at some point, with or without us and I'd wager decent coin that the last club on earth he'd choose would be Bamford central. 

As a professional footballer, you make the move that is best for your career. It’s a job at the end of the day.

The club you support is a non-factor.

Look at Matt Doherty going to Spurs as an example, despite being a self-confessed die-hard Arsenal fan.

If Leeds offer him the right deal, he should go and with our best wishes.

I wouldn’t expect anyone to turn down Leeds through some perceived loyalty to the club, especially with the trajectory they are currently on.

7 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Not really. Lowe was out of contract next year, also we'd had low bids for him in the past, so that would've been not much at all. 

Percy won't want to lose his contact with Mel, so he'll relay what he's been told by Mel. Mel also know fans will kick off if we said we sold Bogle and Lowe for £6m combined. We're skint and we were even more skint before the sale of those 2. Why did it come out later that it was a lot lower than the £11m and why did Wilder say it was also lower than the speculated fee? Because it was.

I think the fee was 4.5 each from what I saw on the Sheff utd site when they signed them.  Maybe some of that was odd ons . That I don't know.

57 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Why does it annoy you?

For one, I never said that Mel doesn’t want to get the best possible deal for our youngsters.

Of course, any owner would. That goes without saying.

But for a club in our financial situation, it has been apparent for some time that the balance sheet drives our decision making, not necessarily achieving market value. That was my point.

When was the last time you looked at an outgoing deal and thought we’ve got a really good and fair deal?

When I speak about our immediate needs, it goes beyond strengthening the squad but also extends to the costs of running the club and the overall financial position of the club.

If we are losing millions per month and we are in the middle of a global financial crisis - one that doesn’t look like easing any time soon - then of course selling Sibley will be under consideration, even if it’s below what is considered market value.

So, yes, if it addresses our immediate needs, I think the club will press forward with it.

That could be £5 million or £15 million. Let’s see.

Because it's speculation without knowing any of the finer details, that assertion magnifies a commonly-held belief that it comes from ineptitude. 

I thought we got good prices for Vydra, Ince, Hendrick, Luke Thomas & Cyrus Christie

As other posters have pointed out, we don't know the finer details of the clubs finances right now, to speculate negatively I think comes off as uninformed. We know neither our financial situation, nor our ''immediate needs'' so to make sweeping statements like 'we'll sell Sibley' based off these I don't think is particularly logical 

Archived