Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Bellingham to Dortmund deal as some sort of precedent

Tbf, 40 odd games as a 16 year old was unheard of. He didn't look out of place. Also different positions, so comparing goals/assists is a bit useless. 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

There you are - not too painful to post something positive was it? You should try it more often.

I don't want to get embroiled in an argument about whether my posts are perceived as negative with you or anyone else quite frankly. I have the same right to post my opinions as you and everyone else on this forum and I respect that right. I wish other posters would also respect that right too in return then everyone could avoid unfortunate observations.

I've posted my opinions a couple of times in this thread, if you disagree with them then absolutely come back and we can have that discourse. Instead you've chosen to pick on your own  personal perception of me so is impossible even to have a coherent debate. 

49 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

This whole extended transfer window between the EFL and the premiership is just designed to rape and pillage the EFL in the cheapest way ( unless you are Brentford) - I fear the worst and note the timing of the reported interest 

if we are forced to sell I honestly would want a guaranteed £20 million at least and not with potential add ons to get to that amount I truly rate the lad but we are vulnerable 

I don’t think it does? It surely inflated the price of EFL players as there is less supply for the buying clubs in the prem it also gives the EFL the chance to loan players in that might have gone to prem teams or abroad. 
All in all very positive for EFL! If we sell Sibley then it will be very circumstantial, we might get an inflated price and end up buying a couple players off the back of it that improve the team. 

If you put aside the dislike/hatred/contempt for Leeds, objectively speaking, it’s a potentially fantastic move for Louie.

Leeds are a big club and have a solid chance of re-establishing themselves in the PL and in general, it’s a great opportunity to work under Bielsa and to play in the PL.

The likes of Meslier, Struijk, Poveda and a few others have all been given chances this season, so it shows there is a pathway for young players there.

It’s disappointing for us, but this is where we are as a club.

We just have to hope any potential deal gives us the shot in the arm we need to sign the players we are after.

30 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It may be far more simplistic than that. We accept Leeds lowball offer as we are borassic and the money gets used to stave off administration. 

Alternatively we could be in a good place to demand a decent price as they can now only buy from Champ and below which restricts their options!

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

We aren't even remotely close to breaking even so if it's not his money going into the club then the only other alternative is us going into administration, which makes the signing of Jozwiak (nevermind anyone else) even more bizarre. 

He's had to adhere to P&S regulations and obviously he wants the promotion payday, but until then he's paying for us to survive and he's still keeping us competitive - he's not asset stripped the club. 

The numbers I've calculated suggest we're very close to breakeven for this season - club level not group. That's taking into account the massive amount of cash the club are missing out on due to no fans attending matches.

Painful as it would be (and I'm not convinced there's anything in this story), we are a club who are having to rely more and more on bringing through young players from the academy then selling to allow us to strengthen other areas of the squad.

If it has to happen then fair enough but we MUST NOT sell below realistic market value, otherwise we will (If we already don't) have a reputation for being easy to negotiate with. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The numbers I've calculated suggest we're very close to breakeven for this season - club level not group. That's taking into account the massive amount of cash the club are missing out on due to no fans attending matches.

Rough calculations of mine point to the same. This depends on further signings on loan or free transfers however. 

As an example, Marshall was only on £12k a week at Wigan and was their biggest earner. Byrne sub £10k a week. Rumoured to have cost us £250k combined. 

I'd put our wage bill at down £75k per week over this summer. 

6 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Rough calculations of mine point to the same. This depends on further signings on loan or free transfers however. 

As an example, Marshall was only on £12k a week at Wigan and was their biggest earner. Byrne sub £10k a week. Rumoured to have cost us £250k combined. 

A claimed ITK person suggested to me the other day that now the old guard have departed, Marriott is our top earner at 15k per week. 

TBH regardless of ITK i have a feeling that there is more truth to this than us all thinking everyone is on 30k a week. It has to happen sooner or later. 

As to Louie .. i'd be so disappointed, he's going to be a real dynamic strike bomber of a player but if the price is right and the academy is going to continue to make good stuff then its part of life outside the mega clubs and the prem.

1 minute ago, jono said:

A claimed ITK person suggested to me the other day that now the old guard have departed, Marriott is our top earner at 15k per week. 

TBH regardless of ITK i have a feeling that there is more truth to this than us all thinking everyone is on 30k a week. It has to happen sooner or later. 

As to Louie .. i'd be so disappointed, he's going to be a real dynamic strike bomber of a player but if the price is right and the academy is going to continue to make good stuff then its part of life outside the mega clubs and the prem.

Big mistake to sell so early because his value will double in two years.

13 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

A saving of approx £3.75 million

18 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Painful as it would be (and I'm not convinced there's anything in this story), we are a club who are having to rely more and more on bringing through young players from the academy then selling to allow us to strengthen other areas of the squad.

If it has to happen then fair enough but we MUST NOT sell below realistic market value, otherwise we will (If we already don't) have a reputation for being easy to negotiate with. 

Last club in the world to sell Sibley to is  ..... ........

"As for Cantwell and Sibley, Orta made no secret of the fact that they have been considered by his recruitment team. The YEP understands that Leeds' consideration of the latter has gone as far as making enquiries for the 19-year-old attacking midfielder, who scored a hat-trick against Leeds Under 23s last season and featured in the Championship game at Pride Park, but there are currently no plans in place to make a move before Friday's deadline."

Archived