Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

I think if Sibley does go it will be for far less than people think.

• He played half of last season and the beginning of this and he's had some games where he shows immense potential and others where - understandably as a young player - the game has passed him by. So a club is buying potential, not the ready made article.  And potential can ultimately be realised or not.  
  • We're broke and other clubs know it. That means they don't have to pay up as much for our players unless there is a bidding war between a few clubs. 

If he goes, I reckon it'll end up being for £5mn to £7mn.

Would I sell him for that?  If we don't need the cash then NO!  I'd like us to develop him ourselves.

If it's a question of us taking the cash in order to pass the P&S rules, then we'd have to consider it. But with a sell on clause...

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, sage said:

We have to accept a disconnect between what we want to happen and events beyond our control. 

Sadly, if there is interest it will come down to numbers not feelings. 

I feel you’re right.  How do you explain that?

What evidence is there that we are ‘broke’? I assume people are saying this because we can no longer (or are no longer willing) to spend silly money on players.  However, I’ve always assumed that’s because of the restrictions imposed on us by FFP. So, while this puts financial constraints on us, it doesn’t mean we’re in any kind of financial trouble. Am I wrong on this? Are we in difficulties?

Anyway, I hope Sibley doesn’t go. However, just as with Will, you have to expect he will play his best football at another club. Whether or not we had the opportunity to sell Will earlier I don’t know, but we probably held onto him too long and, for whatever reason, his value and appeal fell. If we have money problems, then maybe best to sell now to maximise value.  

If we don’t have money problems, then tell everybody to sod off.

We always seem to sell our young player's on the cheap. I understand that as homegrown players us as fans think they are worth more than they actually are but that being said something always seems to happen where they go for less than even other fans thought they'd go for. 

10m is a chunk of cash and we probably need it but cmon the potential is surely worth more than that. He's signed on till 2024 too. Its got to be more than 10m surely? 

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its probably a load of rubbish but if true that's a fair price for potential.

I couldn't disagree anymore. In my opinion, it says that we're selling the best teenage midfielder in England for £10m despite being contracted for four more years. If Sibley is worth £10m then perhaps we only did get £8m for Lowe and Bogle - and in comparison that looks like the deal of the century for us. 

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not sure why peeps are taking what this rag writes seriously. Just click bait stuff and they are raking it in 

It's because they've been right about a lot this summer. I think they've actually broke a number of stories that have turned out to be true, including the Sibley interest. Dursun, Bogle/Lowe, Byrne and Marshall all came from Footballer Insider first. I'm pretty sure there is probably more - maybe Ibe? Definitely Bobby Duncan, actually. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I couldn't disagree anymore. In my opinion, it says that we're selling the best teenage midfielder in England for £10m despite being contracted for four more years. If Sibley is worth £10m then perhaps we only did get £8m for Lowe and Bogle - and in comparison that looks like the deal of the century for us. 

I don't think you are acknowledging the financial climate we are in and at the same time perhaps over egging Louie's potential. Just my opinion of course.

10 million with four years left is laughable. Bellingham went for 25 million and sibley did more in a quarter of games. He got raved about in nearly every game from under 23 by opposition managers one saying he's the best he had seen in a long time. My opinion is he is wasted as a 10 drop him to an 8 box to box and he would be even better more time on the ball more space to run at people. If Leeds get him for 10 million i lost all faith in this football club for getting money for players. Bogle and lowe probably did go for 7 million for the pair with 11 in add ons which is still criminal should have got at least 8 alone with add ons to 11 for bogle alone  yet max Aaron's tod cantwell beundia rpdon at Swansea not all them are 10 million worth more than sibley although I know some played in prem but wouldn't say the 3 from Norwich did anything that special they got relegated easily. Oh and the fact he's signed for another four years keep him till January when people will more than likely blow money for sake of it 

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's because they've been right about a lot this summer. I think they've actually broke a number of stories that have turned out to be true, including the Sibley interest. Dursun, Bogle/Lowe, Byrne and Marshall all came from Footballer Insider first. I'm pretty sure there is probably more - maybe Ibe? Definitely Bobby Duncan, actually. 

Yeah this "Wayne Veysey" bloke, broke a lot of our deals this summer, first. Marshall, Byrne, Duncan, Ibe and Bogle to Sheff Utd. Also, like I said yesterday as well, with us wanting £10m for Sibley, doesn't it look a lot more likely we sold Lowe and Bogle for a combined £6m? Thing is with Derby fans, we choose not to believe things because we don't want it to be true, but fans need to look at it from an outside perspective without blinkers on.

Just now, Jubbs said:

Yeah this "Wayne Veysey" bloke, broke a lot of our deals this summer, first. Marshall, Byrne, Duncan, Ibe and Bogle to Sheff Utd. Also, like I said yesterday as well, with us wanting £10m for Sibley, doesn't it look a lot more likely we sold Lowe and Bogle for a combined £6m? Thing is with Derby fans, we choose not to believe things because we don't want it to be true, but fans need to look at it from an outside perspective without blinkers on.

It was £8m - £4m a piece - which was reported by the Sheffield Star after we were told by the Sun £11m and then by Sky £15m. 

If Sibley is worth £10m then Sheffield United overpaid considerably, regardless of what we got. 

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Did they really 'break' them or just rehashed Twitter streams and guessed, like using the Ibe photo at the train station? Not convinced.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Did they really 'break' them or just rehashed Twitter streams and guessed, like using the Ibe photo at the train station? Not convinced.

Definitely broke them, although I'm not sure about Ibe. I think that came from the Sun. 

Byrne, Marshall, Bogle/Lowe and Duncan (as well as Dursun) were 100% the Footballer Insider. 

Archived