Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If we can get 20mill for him we should sell him and reinvest atleast 60% on improving the squad if not we shouldn't sell him.  If we sell him and don't reinvest into the squad apart from Austin or Davis on loan it would be very concerning and frustrating

Not really as the window has 4 days left. We would be better offer saving it 3 months until Jan and getting better value for money than clubs knowing we have money & increasing their prices as the window is so short now.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not really as the window has 4 days left. We would be better offer saving it 3 months until Jan and getting better value for money than clubs knowing we have money & increasing their prices as the window is so short now.

January is never good value and we only ever sign poo in January, also if we bring in players now they will have more impact on the season. 

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Because it's speculation without knowing any of the finer details, that assertion magnifies a commonly-held belief that it comes from ineptitude. 

I thought we got good prices for Vydra, Ince, Hendrick, Luke Thomas & Cyrus Christie

As other posters have pointed out, we don't know the finer details of the clubs finances right now, to speculate negatively I think comes off as uninformed. We know neither our financial situation, nor our ''immediate needs'' so to make sweeping statements like 'we'll sell Sibley' based off these I don't think is particularly logical 

As fans, we are drip-fed very limited information. When are we ever going to know the finer details?

We can only make a judgement based on what we are told.

What is illogical about the train of thought that we might be under financial pressure to sell?

Look at everything that has been reported or has transpired in the past 18-24 months.

Selling the stadium, the rumoured Gabay loan, the Dell loan, players not being paid on time, staff being furloughed, significant losses, significant cost cutting, selling players before we can buy, the Martin contract saga, the EFL and P&S case, the soft transfer embargo, COVID and the global financial crisis.

How do you expect anyone to come to the conclusion that we are in anything but a difficult financial position and at the mercy of the balance sheets?

If you could show the opposite easily enough - signs that suggest the club is being well run and in good financial health and can hold their nerve when transferring players out - then there would be nothing to discuss.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

I disagree with this.

Leeds wouldn’t be interested if they didn’t think Sibley had something to offer or couldn’t be developed to fit the Bielsa way.

Look at their squad.

They have a small core of senior players and the rest of the squad is made up of hungry young players looking for a chance to make their mark.

Bielsa has already given game time to numerous players aged 21 and under this season with little to no disruption to results.

I am not sure why Sibley - one of the most highly rated youngsters in English football - would be any less effective if given the chance.

The Bielsa way? If Leeds do well this season he will be off to Italy or Spain like a stabbed rat.

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

As fans, we are drip-fed very limited information. When are we ever going to know the finer details?

We can only make a judgement based on what we are told.

What is illogical about the train of thought that we might be under financial pressure to sell?

Look at everything that has been reported or has transpired in the past 18-24 months.

Selling the stadium, the rumoured Gabay loan, the Dell loan, players not being paid on time, staff being furloughed, significant losses, significant cost cutting, selling players before we can buy, the Martin contract saga, the EFL and P&S case, the soft transfer embargo, COVID and the global financial crisis.

How do you expect anyone to come to the conclusion that we are in anything but a difficult financial position and at the mercy of the balance sheets?

If you could show the opposite easily enough - signs that suggest the club is being well run and in good financial health and can hold their nerve when transferring players out - then there would be nothing to discuss.

Our financial struggle isn't the topic of discussion though, it's whether we are going to sell Sibley under market value because of this. 

Without knowing how difficult our position is (my entire point), it's impossible to come to a balanced, informed opinion on how likely (if at all) this is...

Without a shadow of doubt Louie wants to play for Derby County before any other club, preferably in the premier league. As a young man earning 500k a year he is probably outrageously happy with how things are working out. That full debut goal was any mans dream. Derby county also feel the same. There is harmony and bliss. The club then have a black hole of 10 million to fill because they have no match day income and were already a bit cash strapped. 

So as Louie, someone offers you 1.5 million a year and the club you were playing for can get their hands on 7.6 million quid (Guess) to keep the machine running, emotional satisfaction goes out of the window and the harsh realities of life take hold.

life is a witch at times ?

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Our financial struggle isn't the topic of discussion though, it's whether we are going to sell Sibley under market value because of this. 

Without knowing how difficult our position is (my entire point), it's impossible to come to a balanced, informed opinion on how likely (if at all) this is...

OK, yes, it might not happen. OK, yes, the club’s financial position and negotiating position might be better than we realise. There may be nothing in this story and Sibley may remain at the club.

But the club have set a precedent in recent years.

£8-12 million is the ceiling of what we are likely to accept as the selling club, irrespective of the wider market behaviours.

Let’s see if they can break that cycle, but in the current circumstances, it is not something I would bet on with any great confidence.

28 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

OK, yes, it might not happen. OK, yes, the club’s financial position and negotiating position might be better than we realise. There may be nothing in this story and Sibley may remain at the club.

But the club have set a precedent in recent years.

£8-12 million is the ceiling of what we are likely to accept as the selling club, irrespective of the wider market behaviours.

Let’s see if they can break that cycle, but in the current circumstances, it is not something I would bet on with any great confidence.

Have you actually just suggested we wouldn't accept any more than £12m for Sibley... what if the offer was more than that? Not sure you mean 'ceiling'

The highlighted bit has been what i've been disputing though. Not sure it's fair to use a ''precedent'' against them when we're clearly changing our transfer MO. 

If Sibley went for less than £15m, I'd be incredibly surprised. We don't need to sell, unlike with the Bogle/Lowe deal, so why would we sell arguably our most exciting asset for less than we value him at?

Archived