Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

Loving all of the bravado on here about unless the price is right he won't be going anywhere. If we are skint he will be going for a price that won't be market value as we're not in a position to negotiate. And of course the fee will be undisclosed to head off the wrath of the fans thinking we should be commanding a kings ransom for him.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole extended transfer window between the EFL and the premiership is just designed to rape and pillage the EFL in the cheapest way ( unless you are Brentford) - I fear the worst and note the timing of the reported interest 

if we are forced to sell I honestly would want a guaranteed £20 million at least and not with potential add ons to get to that amount I truly rate the lad but we are vulnerable 

Imagine if we sell Sold at a cut price £3 million just to free up some money to pay Charlie Austin’s wage demands 

I realise this is probably never going to happen and Leeds probably aren’t even interested, but I’m still fuming about it ?

Out of curiosity, because I don’t want sibbo to leave, but if for example Leeds came in with 20 million and we could say reinvest on Wilson, baba( Chelsea lb) and a centre forward would you be more inclined to except a bid? Or as we’ve been linked with Tyler Roberts would you say take 10 million and Roberts and say bring in Wilson and the Chelsea lad on loan. Just hypothetically obviously 

23 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Think it's already been said that Wayne Veysey is actually an alias of Pete O'Rourke so he can freelance on Football Insider. so him tweeting isn't adding more to the rumour than the original article.

Having said that, he's got a good reputation of getting quite few things right. Hopefully this is just Leeds showing an interest and they won't be able to match our price tag.

5 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Out of curiosity, because I don’t want sibbo to leave, but if for example Leeds came in with 20 million and we could say reinvest on Wilson, baba( Chelsea lb) and a centre forward would you be more inclined to except a bid? Or as we’ve been linked with Tyler Roberts would you say take 10 million and Roberts and say bring in Wilson and the Chelsea lad on loan. Just hypothetically obviously 

If it made it possible to bring Wilson in on a permanent deal then I could see the thinking behind this. Sibley is a great prospect, but isn't guaranteed to reach his potential and I think we're asking too much of a young player to have a massive impact in the first XI consistently this season.

Also, with us experimenting with 3-4-3 in the last game, that might also restrict Sibley's opportunities this year as I'm not sure if he is suited two a midfield 2 or as part of the attacking three (either wide or focal point). If we are going to go down that route then Wilson is more suited to that formation and the idea of him and Rooney on free kicks is a dream. No keeper would stand a chance setting up for either a deadly left or right foot free kick from one of those!

9 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

It may be far more simplistic than that. We accept Leeds lowball offer as we are borassic and the money gets used to stave off administration. 

After supporting Derby County for 53 years I have to say I am thoroughly disillusioned with football in general and have been for a few years now. If Sibley goes that's it as far as I'm concerned. Sorry that this is so negative but there is no loyalty in football it's all about vast amounts of money and players receiving vastly inflated salaries. Covid19 has purely served to highlight this when we see people who risk their lives daily being paid peanuts.

Some people are bigging Sibley up and then acting like Leeds would be the only team interested once his fee is known.

Before anyone mentions Will Hughes & Watford being the only ones taking him on, they're very different players & Sibley hasn't had an ACL injury - they bought him when his stock was quite low.

You have to think there would be a larger number of interested parties in Sibley now than in Hughes when he went.

Very much doubt this will happen. Unless we received £20m it wouldn't make sense to sell when we can only buy in this limited English market. Pretty sure Leeds have also refused to pay the reported £15m for Wilson so I doubt they'd be opening their wallets too much for a raw championship player. 

If a bid of £20 was made I'd be inclined to sell, we have Lawrence coming back and we could fund a loan to buy bid for Wilson. As well as maybe adding a LB. We'd be laughing come January too especially if we proceed with signing Dursun on the cheap. 

Anything less than £10m should be automatically dismissed. If we sold for under this I'd be very concerned with our financial situation and would expect Mel to answer some pretty tough questions. If the bid comes in between £10m -£20m then I think it will be squeaky bum time for us fans. I'd hope we would reject an offer of this calibre but I wouldn't be confident of this.

One thing is for certain and that's Sibley is a Derby lad through and through and he appears to be a good young pro so he won't be creating any extra pressure for this to happen.

17 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

We can’t turn down a bid of £20 million for anyone, whilst we are a championship club in my opinion. Even if Sibley leaving would make me have a little cry ? 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It may be far more simplistic than that. We accept Leeds lowball offer as we are borassic and the money gets used to stave off administration. 

You continue with your negative spin on any rumour - I do wonder why?

Right now, Sibley won’t get into the Leeds team, or any PL team for that matter, as I think we all would accept. So this ‘interest’ is an investment for the future. Few clubs go looking for development prospects five days before a transfer deadline unless they sniff a bargain is to be had.

Maybe Leeds know that Derby are financially vulnerable at the moment. Or perhaps they just enjoy a spot of fishing and have cast their line looking for a nibble. 

Sadly, Pete O'Rourke has a reputation for being reliable, so there is probably something in this.

I just hope we use the Bellingham to Dortmund deal as some sort of precedent. Sibbo has scored more goals in less than half of the starts that he made for Birmingham before his move and they ended up with a (reported) £25m plus add ons.

Archived