Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Sibley having not long signed a new 4 year deal, I would say we would want £20m for him, but as it is the last week of the window we have to double that, for the inconvenience of trying to find a replacement, and seeing as it it Leeds then it needs to be doubled again. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Have you actually just suggested we wouldn't accept any more than £12m for Sibley... what if the offer was more than that? Not sure you mean 'ceiling'

The highlighted bit has been what i've been disputing though. Not sure it's fair to use a ''precedent'' against them when we're clearly changing our transfer MO. 

If Sibley went for less than £15m, I'd be incredibly surprised. We don't need to sell, unlike with the Bogle/Lowe deal, so why would we sell arguably our most exciting asset for less than we value him at?

What do we value him at? Has that been made public? How do you know it’s more than £12 million?

How do you know we don’t need to sell? Has that been made public also?

You’re speculating just as much as I was.

Will Hughes was arguably the best talent we have had in 20 years and we sold him for under £10 million.

Why do you assume the eventual sale of Sibley will be different?

I am not saying it won’t be, but it would be inconsistent with how the club have operated for decades.

By precedent, I mean that clubs know we can be swayed by £8-12 million bids and will probably try their luck.

Until we start selling players for £15-20 million and beyond on a regular basis, people will always have these worries that the club are going to be exploited in the market.

Lots saying we 'need' to sell. With the position the club finds itself in, I'm not sure we can turn down decent offers when they come along and meet a players value. However, this does not strike me as a need to sell situation.

Leeds have been asked about Sibley, and have said they like him and keep watch. Nothing suggests we need to sell on the cheap. We will have gone into this season with players we want to keep and have put values on them. If Leeds meet that valuation, then we can talk. Sibley is not a big earner, and he wants to play for us. Cannot see this one being a cheap sale, not in the position we are in.

47 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Can I suggest we close this thread. If Leeds have confirmed that there is no imminent bid surely it's a futile discussion. Only purpose it will serve is giving pleasure to any Leeds lurkers watching us all lose our shizzle over nothing. 

Bang on. This thread will be comedy gold for the Walter Mittys. 

Lets save the hysteria for if it happens. No indication we need to sell, no indication Sibley would even want to go there, no indication Leeds even have the dough to buy him. Just their CEO mouthing off & judging by his pathetic little celebration in August, we've lived rent free in his head for the past year.

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

January is never good value and we only ever sign poo in January, also if we bring in players now they will have more impact on the season. 

I agree that January signings dont always tend to be the best but in terms of value for money I think January would be better than these last couple of days

9 hours ago, Jubbs said:

I'm not saying I do, but surely everyone can see we're skint? Either that, or people's views are clouded. 

See we are skint where?

Can you point me to relevant info on the club accounts which show we are skint?

The last published accounts showed us sat on £80m owed for the sale of the ground.

Archived