Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did they really 'break' them or just rehashed Twitter streams and guessed, like using the Ibe photo at the train station? Not convinced.

They were definitely the first outlet to break the Ibe story. The train station photo was a week or so after the story broke when he came to undergo his medical.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£10m would have been ok before he signed his new contract not long ago. Now £20m is the starting point.

Louie isn't daft. He's Derby through and through, he'll know staying here longer for development is the right thing to do. He will be getting serious top 6 interest before long, not newly promoted teams.

Also think Mel isn't stupid, he will know the money on offer if he has any kind of a good season this year.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Definitely broke them, although I'm not sure about Ibe. I think that came from the Sun. 

Byrne, Marshall, Bogle/Lowe and Duncan (as well as Dursun) were 100% the Footballer Insider. 

Marshall was Nixon/The Sun and Dursun was first broke by a Germany newspaper, IIRC.

All the others mentioned were Football Insider exclusives, though.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

£10m would have been ok before he signed his new contract not long ago. Now £20m is the starting point.

Louie isn't daft. He's Derby through and through, he'll know staying here longer for development is the right thing to do. He will be getting serious top 6 interest before long, not newly promoted teams.

Also think Mel isn't stupid, he will know the money on offer if he has any kind of a good season this year.

Really? Not done too well so far in the transfer market. I hope he has learnt. 

I wouldn't surprise me, with Austin snubbing us and us clearly struggling to strengthen the area that needs strengthening the most, if someone at at Derby rang Leeds and said, "give us 10 million and a 20% sell on clause and he is yours".

The best we could hope for is it starts a bidding war.

The only way I can see us getting a striker for Friday, without it being in the Leon Best mould, is by buying someone.

If we need to balance the books then so be it. Football is a business after all, sadly.

But feels like top  flight clubs are taking advantage of us and trying to strip us off our key assets.

If he has to go, hope it becomes s bidding war and not a rush fire sale in this window.

And why Leeds of all clubs !

Mel has spoken in the past about selling young players at their maximum value.

So, £10 million would indicate one of two things to me:

1. We are in a perilous financial state

2. The club do not think Sibley will develop further and his value increase.

Clearly professional coaches have greater knowledge than us, know the inside track etc. but to the majority of us, Sibley has huge potential. That only leaves the first option - the finances. We suspect that Mel doesn't want to put more money in, we've clearly been close to FFP penalties, COVID has hit football hard, so it's more than feasible.

Of course, that is if we really do sell him at that figure. At the moment, it's all conjecture but it is scary.

As much as I think Sibley will be a superstar, so I really do not want us to ever sell him, he could become a Derby legend, and I especially do not want to sell him to the Dirties, if it means the club survives.... that's the bigger issue.

Just now, Jubbs said:

I'll repeat it, Derby fans don't believe things because they don't want it to be true. Like I said yesterday as well, we're not as rich as we think we are, we need money. 

....and like I asked yesterday, do you have a direct link either to Stephen Pearce or Mel Morris? If not, you're just as right or as wrong as those who you claim don't believe things because they don't want them to be true i.e. we all haven't a clue.

Commercially its very much a buyers market for the foreseeable future for EFL clubs. Mel is no longer pouring his own money in. Its a very delicate balancing act which would frighten half of us to death if we had to do the balancing. Let the club do the best they can. If we have to sell Louie for £10m to improve the team so be it, I'm not going to knock them.

13 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

If we need to balance the books then so be it. Football is a business after all, sadly.

But feels like top  flight clubs are taking advantage of us and trying to strip us off our key assets.

If he has to go, hope it becomes s bidding war and not a rush fire sale in this window.

And why Leeds of all clubs !

Will always be the way for teams in this league unfortunately. Unfortunately we have been a tier 2 team for so long with limited money and players have ambitions to play in the big time. It would be disappointing and worrying if he went but not surprising in my opinion. However they may not even bid so maybe we will be ok!

Just now, Topram said:

Just reading in the paper that says Orta has confirmed Leeds interest, I may behind but didn’t know that, still don’t think we should be selling, if we do for a low price it’ll show what a mess we are in financially 

We are losing lots of season ticket revenue and other money associated with hosting people at the club so I would bet most teams in this league would be more inclined at selling players at slightly reduced fees.

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Just reading in the paper that says Orta has confirmed Leeds interest, I may behind but didn’t know that, still don’t think we should be selling, if we do for a low price it’ll show what a mess we are in financially 

The whole of the EFL except parachute payment clubs are in a mess. We have vastly reduced income and fixed expenses. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

....and like I asked yesterday, do you have a direct link either to Stephen Pearce or Mel Morris? If not, you're just as right or as wrong as those who you claim don't believe things because they don't want them to be true i.e. we all haven't a clue.

No, but it's quite obvious, especially if we take off our Derby blinkers, to see that we're not as rich as people think. I don't have direct links to Mel/Stephen, but I'm using what I've heard from people and all the evidence/obvious indicators that we aren't that rich as well.

14 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I'll repeat it, Derby fans don't believe things because they don't want it to be true. Like I said yesterday as well, we're not as rich as we think we are, we need money. 

Derby fans don't believe any old poo someone makes up on this forum, you mean. 

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

No, but it's quite obvious, especially if we take off our Derby blinkers, to see that we're not as rich as people think. I don't have direct links to Mel/Stephen, but I'm using what I've heard from people and all the evidence/obvious indicators that we aren't that rich as well.

So you don't know and believe what others who also don't know have said?

Archived