Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Wouldn't say so at all. Especially with who they've been trying to get, Gvardiol for example was certainly not a ready made player, yet he was big money.

Except they didn’t sign Gvardiol, they signed a 27 year old Spanish international and a 24 year old German international. Quite the key change to go from an 18 year old who’s never actually played outside Croatia to targeting those two, unless of course they were never actually in for Gvardiol and instead are after players for the here and now 

I've been waiting this rumour to begin.

He has been excellent for us but their tactic would suit his playing style much better. If the offer is huge enough, no doubt this one will happen. I just hope we get that extra 5 millions just because he is my favorite player.

We need to sell him relatively soon anyway, just to make room for Wilson & Browns etc.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Except they didn’t sign Gvardiol, they signed a 27 year old Spanish international and a 24 year old German international. Quite the key change to go from an 18 year old who’s never actually played outside Croatia to targeting those two, unless of course they were never actually in for Gvardiol and instead are after players for the here and now 

Gvardiol came out and said the reason he didn't sign for Leeds was because he wasn't going to go back to Zagreb on loan, whereas Leipzig have sent him back on loan to Zagreb. 

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not trying to be a dick here, but how is it you know any better than the rest of our fans?

I'm not saying I do, but surely everyone can see we're skint? Either that, or people's views are clouded. 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

I think we have to accept that 

a) Sibley will want a crack in the premier league

b) Money talks

c) He hasn’t done enough as yet, to justify a massive fee.

He's done a lot more than Jude Bellingham. 

As I said, Sibley isn't a surprise - he was consistently the best player in every academy game I watched with him playing. He scored a hattrick on his first league start. 

I really don't know how much money it would take for me to feel comfortable with him going, but if I was any other team and I was able to sign him for less than £30m then I'm doing the deal without giving it a second thought. The thought of his going cheap would really take a lot out of me with regards to how I feel about this club in its current state. 

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

What is your proof that we are "skint" , Mel has funds just not allowed to use them.

I mean, Mel has said for ages he's not investing any of his own money into the club anymore. We sold our stadium to ourselves. We sold 2 assets to the club for duck all. We didn't spend any money until we had sold the 2 players. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Being limited by FFP and being skint are two entirely different things.

Mel has said multiple times that he doesn't want to invest any of his own money any more AND has said he wants 50% academy players in the side, what a convenience. 

I'd settle for 20 mil with a sell on fee. But it would only be if we have replacement targets in the pipeline who would change the team for the better.

If not, jog on you horrible bin dipping, noncey dog fondling, disgustingly dirty Leeds scum bags.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Has it occurred to you that you may be wrong?

Please tell me why you think we're not skint.

For some more context, we furloughed 120 non-playing staff, we also furloughed U23's. We're rapidly losing money without gate receipts, yes along with other clubs, but we rely a lot on gate receipts. 

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

I might be in the minority here puts his tin hat on .

But he hasnt set the world alight since that little golden patch last season has he . Didnt Mr rooney have a little dig at Sibley in the match before last or am i wrong on that ? . 

If leeds come in with a stupid offer he is a player we can go without to fund players we do need !! . 

Or am i in a minority here .

Surely this is what mel wants bring youngsters through sell for alot of money to benefit the team .If there sold a little early what does that matter as long as it helps the team long term . 

I'd say you're in the minority.

You are right that Sibley has been below par this term but there are good reasons.

1 He's being paid more attention to by the opposition but I believe he has the quality to learn and become more effective.

2 He's been playing in a team crippled by injuries especially in the attacking areas and it's asking a lot of a very young player like him to carry the load. He'll come good again as the quailty around him improves and players return.

Archived