Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't understand all of the comments about players being low risk on this and other transfer threads. Can't get the logic. So if we sign a player on a low fee and low wages and he doesn't perform then there's minimal write off collaterally? But he's still crap so left us in no better position on the pitch than before we signed him? Or am I missing the point. 

Butterfield Anxiety. 

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't understand all of the comments about players being low risk on this and other transfer threads. Can't get the logic. So if we sign a player on a low fee and low wages and he doesn't perform then there's minimal write off collaterally? But he's still crap so left us in no better position on the pitch than before we signed him? Or am I missing the point. 

I think it’s more that no one is guaranteed to be a success irregardless* of price tag.

Spend millions on a flop & lose millions, spend less on a flop and lose less. Instead of spending big on one player that could be a flop, spend it on a couple of players of which you hedge your bets on one of them becoming a success.

Either that or we’re just plain broke. 

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Debut Saturday?

You can watch the game on YouTube:

I've just had it on in the background, so whilst I couldn't focus on it. I was at least able to see parts of his game. 

He's technically gifted for a big striker. He definitely comes across as a Ibrahimovic type player, lots of flicks and touches in tight spaces. Like Martin, he doesn't like moving too much when he doesn't have to. I would say he's far less likely to drop into space to get the ball. He seems to be stretching the field and sitting on the last man, ultimately means that he doesn't get many touches. 

He scores twice: the first is a simple tap in from a Norwich error. The second is a header from close range. Darmstadt were frankly quite awful, Norwich were equally as bad once it got late into the second half. Dursun seems to be one of their most capable players, but I must stress that they have some that I think would struggle to get a game for a good Sunday league team. 

I would be quite interested to see how he gets on. He's going to fill the Martin role, certainly, but I think his movement off the ball which was a red flag to me could go to show that he will struggle to get into games at this level and a lot of the time he will be a traffic cone sat between the 2 or three defenders. 

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

we didnt offer him the contract he deserves and he's gone and held the ball up and brought others into play in a Bristol shirt

Please tell us exactly what we offered then as you clearly KNOW and don’t go down the Bristol offer is better as you don’t know that either, just obsessed biased speculation dressed up as fact 

9 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I think it’s more that no one is guaranteed to be a success irregardless* of price tag.

Spend millions on a flop & lose millions, spend less on a flop and lose less. Instead of spending big on one player that could be a flop, spend it on a couple of players of which you hedge your bets on one of them becoming a success.

Either that or we’re just plain broke. 

That's what I thought. Better to spend zero money on a player who turns out crap then loads on a player who also turns out crap. Either way we still have a crap player who hasn't improved our side and we are left in the same situation still needing reinforcements. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Dursun seems to be one of their most capable players, but I must stress that they have some that I think would struggle to get a game for a good Sunday league team. 

I had a concern it might take him a while to fit in with his new teammates, get up to their speed, position sense, etc., but you have put my mind totally at rest.

Well if we sign him it’s a gamble obviously as all signings are and hopefully he will be decent for us - it’s actually the kind of signing I was wanting in addition to Chris Martin staying but hay ho - we need something up there and less defensive midfielders who don’t defend 

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Please tell us exactly what we offered then as you clearly KNOW and don’t go down the Bristol offer is better as you don’t know that either, just obsessed biased speculation dressed up as fact 

He wanted a longer contract than what we offered. Thats what we KNOW. Ryan Conway and Steve Nic both reported that. You seem pretty angry Archie. Everything okay ?

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Sparx. but dont come on here infreqently with all your football analysis schizzle. Have you got a song for him, or any pun? What do you think of his dress sense, and would you give his Mrs a go?

Dursun'a we get s striker the better. Not a racing Serdarnty but hopefully he has been watched over a period of time and will score some Turkish Delightful goals for us. 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

As Norwich sign everybody from the German second division why haven’t they signed him - just asking 

Norwich have a proven track record of disinterest in low mobility, technically gifted target men.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

To be fair, we've not had a shortage of balls into the box / across the 6 yard box. We've had a shortage of players in a position to meet them.

So we don't need a worldbeater, we just need someone who'll get himself in those positions. Goals will come from that. If he can also hold the ball up and create more opportunities for those crosses to come in, all the better.

Exactly this, SR

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's what I thought. Better to spend zero money on a player who turns out crap then loads on a player who also turns out crap. Either way we still have a crap player who hasn't improved our side and we are left in the same situation still needing reinforcements. 

Precisely why I'm a big advocate of crystal ball usage.