Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

Good win for the Rams, thought our back 3 and Marshall looked solid, Knight gave us much needed energy in the middle, thought Bryne looked good down the right, works very hard, and gives us a great outlet going forward, and what a goal from Rooney to win us that game, Wags back or a new man up front, and Ibe playing on the right, we will start to climb this very average division. 

A happy Ram today. 

Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, roboto said:

I’m looking forward to how quiet the forum will be when we get 3 points and Davies takes Pukki out of his pocket! ?

Seriously though. It’s far from our strongest line up, we all know that, but these are the players available at the moment. Either through fitness or form.

No one has shone at CB so far, so Curtis deserves a go to see if his experience can make a positive impact.

Everyone was complaining about midfield last weekend, so it’s all change there. We need to test out all options. Shin is will add energy and Holmes is a good ball carrier in the middle of the park.

I hope Rooney shows up today. I think I’d rather try out JHI up top, but let’s see what happens. After this we have an international break and the end of the main transfer window to regroup and get everything in place.

COYR

If anyone would like the lottery numbers for this evening they will be 5, 11, 12, 36, 40 and 43. Thanks.

I wonder how pivotal that match will be?

It was reasonable performance with a great result. Byrne and Curtis were very good and Marshall superb. Rooney's free kick was brilliant. Yet I think that the most significant thing was that Cocu displayed some flexibility.

I thought that team would struggle, but after the first fifteen minutes they were more competitive than any game this season. Cocu got it right. He went for a different formation, ditched the slow build up and the keeper actually mixed the distribution up. Is this the first sign of Cocu understanding that pretty Dutch total football is not very effective in the Championship? I really hope so. I'd love Cocu to succeed. If he can adapt his style then there's a decent chance he will - and I really didn't believe that was possible until today.

Great result ... dogged performance 

still horribly short going forward but we know that already

delighted for Curtis thought he was outstanding ... as was Clarke (still don’t know why he was dropped) and Byrne 

shiinie and knight were likes dogs of war.... and the big thing I hope cocu takes from this is that knight is so much more a central midfielder than he is wide man 

thought the lad with shinnie were outstanding 

more quality ahead of them and we can look forward 

The balance of the team was better today, much more energy than in previous games this season and I don’t think that was just down to attitude - a successful team needs the right mix of player.  With players returning from injury and hopefully one or two additions we just need to hang in there and kick on.  Might also need Cocu to be more flexible with the approach and I suspect that may have been part of the discussion and feedback on Monday

Short match report as in 1 column inch in the Sunday paper

Rugged, committed, Derby defence, a slice of luck and a moment of magic from an old maestro thwart fleet footed Canaries.

Jono’s the fans match report

Gritty much needed performance. Players worked hard and rode a 15 minute heavy duty storm at the start of the first half. Rooney got in to good positions but his aging legs betrayed him more than once. Despite this, he confirmed the old adage that class is permanent by scoring from a perfectly taken free kick to delight Rams fans huddled over their iPhones and Sky TV 

Standout performances from a number of players. Byrne (signed for the cost of Anya’s 2019 holiday pay) looks adventurous in attack and displayed great timing, positioning and tackling in defence. Former Skipper Curtis Davies marshalled the defence in commanding style that the Duke of wellington would have been proud of. Gk Marshall pulled off 2 game wining saves, all while inspiring confidence with his hands and positioning. Jason of Knight Knight Knight fame ran himself legless for 90 minutes including a 50 yard box to box burst at 80 odd minutes to win an FK that resulted in the winner. George Evans .. who’d make an excellent spy as he is so visually anonymous, sprayed passes down the channels all afternoon providing attackers something to feed on.

Holmes will get fitter, Joz got hammered a few times and withdrawn to fight another day. Clarke added physical presence and the composure To help Curtiss. Shinnie, not great with the ball but a menace to the opposition without it. 
We beat a well armed side, away from home without a star striker, without a gut busting waggy dog, without a welsh wizard mardy boy and a Polish battle tank.

damned good day at the office. 

Would it be possible to play new striker Jozwiak on left Ibe on right and Rooney as no 10

that leaves 2 in midfield and straight back four 

midfield 2 then has to be Shinnie and Knight 

But flat back four then Buchanan struggles so we still have selection problems.

But if you look on the positive side how good would we going forward Rooney would just look up and see 3 runners could be really good best form of defending is attack but is Cocu that Brave.

1 minute ago, Richard246 said:

Would it be possible to play new striker Jozwiak on left Ibe on right and Rooney as no 10

But if you look on the positive side how good would we going forward Rooney would just look up and see 3 runners could be really good best form of defending is attack but is Cocu that Brave.

Bielik plus one other in midfield...

2 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Your really saying 442 which personally I like, but I think formations these days need to be fluid. The key for me in your proposal is that the focal point of attack gets close support and I agree .. .. either via wide players like Joz and Ibe or with an effective no10. Or the whole caboodle which might not always be practical depending on the oppositions quality. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

We have to thank Atwell for making their wall stand 12 or 13 yards from the free kick. Watch it again for a chuckle. 

I thought Stuart Atwell had a really good game, he let the game flow which helped it as a spectacle. 

Archived