Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 points and the international break is exactly what we needed.

Solid defensive performance, Marshall was fantastic and the lads were clearly desperate for a result. Easy to wax lyrical about effort and grit etc after wins like this because we didn’t really do much other than scrap but that’s the effort we should expect every week. That should be a reset, that’s the standard the lads need to deliver from now on.

42 games to go, I feel like we can properly start this season now. 

Absolutely buzzing off that. In a pub sat with Leeds fans & my Norwich supporting mate...that was quality ?

Fair to say we were fortunate today but hard work deserves reward & thats exactly what we got. Won't ruin the vibe with my full feelings on Rooney's performance today but fantastic goal. Shinnie, Knight, Marshall, Clarke, Davies, Byrne all excellent. Cracking cameo from Whittaker also. Most importantly, our season started today...onwards & upwards ?

Best of all, gives us 2 weeks respite from the divisive atmosphere on here. Hopefully a new CF in & some returning players from injury by the time we go again ?

A steady solid performance and desperately needed 3 points.  Here's hoping we can kick on from here.

Bit of a nothing match imo, bar a few highlights.  I'd give everyone a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 apart from;

7.5/10 Rooney just for the freekick.

7.5/10 Whittaker confident running, stretched the game and made a difference

8/10 Davies always in the right place

9/10 Marshall Not a lot to do, but saved 2 goals any other day.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If Pukki slipping wasn't down to luck then I don't know what is.

Still doesn't detract from the way Cocu set the side up and the collective application of the players. 

But let's not keep banging the drum about Cocu not getting any luck after today's game. 

I always remember reading that Joch Stein said something like “ Luck is rubbish, There’s no such thing as luck unless you make it yourself“  . While Fergie disagreed and said no ., sometimes you just get lucky. 

Excellent performance that, we showed grit today. Every player put a shift in, defended heroically and hence we deserved the win. Credit to cocu as well, he changed the tactics and personnel and it paid off. Hopefully we can build on this. Only one point behind Norwich now strangely

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Absolutely buzzing off that. In a pub sat with Leeds fans & my Norwich supporting mate...that was quality ?

Fair to say we were fortunate today but hard work deserves reward & thats exactly what we got. Won't ruin the vibe with my full feelings on Rooney's performance today but fantastic goal. Shinnie, Knight, Marshall, Clarke, Davies, Byrne all excellent. Cracking cameo from Whittaker also. Most importantly, our season started today...onwards & upwards ?

Best of all, gives us 2 weeks respite from the divisive atmosphere on here. Hopefully a new CF in & some returning players from injury by the time we go again ?

Are you allowed to mix with people from other households?

22 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'd like to think that my old mate Tony Moore aka Knabby Crackers who passed away last night had a hand in that victory.

just heard of steve... fantastic bloke and he would bring posters and memorabilia for my grandson when we came over.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Read on here in the week that luck doesn’t exist in football. But that was very lucky, might be one of the first pieces of it we’ve had under Cocu 

You probably read it from me, but if you are referring to the penalty miss it was not lucky he missed. Pukki cocked it up - nothing lucky about that.

Archived