Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Great post. Agree wholeheartedly. I expressed the need for a leader in the back four in many previous posts. When I saw Curtis Davies’ name on the team sheet my heart sank a little because his legs have gone.

He was brilliant.

I can understand that Rooney isn’t running around like a twenty year old but his fitness level is a disgrace. I’m also amazed how he has lost his technical skills. Yesterday showed this up but great players can have bad games but still win them.

I’d like to say a bit about Buchanan too. He has found it hard in the championship and has looked really shaky. He started poorly yesterday and I feared he would be a weak link.

He rallied tremendously, buoyed I’m sure by the support around him. 

The kid did great. 

Even when he does very little, Wayne Rooney is worth his place on the pitch for a whole variety of reasons. Moaning about him on here is counterproductive. He is not fully fit. Not in the interests of Derby County to have a Wayne who might think that he is not wanted. Ask our young players, ask our transfer targets, ask the media, ask the opposition players. Just leave Wayne to enjoy it here and probably become our manager at some point.

35 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Anyone thinking the Marshall save was comparable to Banks v Pele needs to give their head a wobble.

A great save but keepers should be stopping that kind of effort week in week out. 

Banks was going the wrong way Pele was a lot closer to goal. His header had more power. Everything was against Banks but miraculously he pulled it off. That’s why it’s still talked about 50 years later.

We’ll have forgotten the Marshall by the end of this thread.

Not me because those saves restored my post Carson faith in our goal keeping.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Not me because those saves restored my post Carson faith in our goal keeping.

We’ve always had good reaction keepers. Roos is as good as any he just couldn’t catch a cross which is why he’s on the bench.

I’m a lot more comfortable with Marshall between the sticks but in my opinion the save was the kind of save he should be making.

4 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We’ve always had good reaction keepers. Roos is as good as any he just couldn’t catch a cross which is why he’s on the bench.

I’m a lot more comfortable with Marshall between the sticks but in my opinion the save was the kind of save he should be making.

Yeah, right you are Kelle! Back on the bench were you ought to be.

8 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I cannot remember one like it since Carson.

12 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Keepers usually get judged by their mistakes not their saves. 

39 minutes ago, sage said:

I didnt say 10 paces. I said 10 yards.

Yeah, I appreciate that you said 10 yards, but then went on to state "He did 11..."

I assumed that bit referred to paces, as it appears you were counting, but don't be surprised to find I've misread, and stuck my nose in where it's not warranted.  It wouldn't be the first time!  

Surprisingly long thread this one for a winning game. Don't they usually peter out at the 25/30 page mark? Are we all that astonished we won or did some come on ready to vent, not realising we'd won? Either way I'm still buzzing off the win. Would have been a depressing international break had we been tonked again. I hate the international breaks anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Surprisingly long thread this one for a winning game. Don't they usually peter out at the 25/30 page mark? Are we all that astonished we won or did some come on ready to vent, not realising we'd won? Either way I'm still buzzing off the win. Would have been a depressing international break had we been tonked again. I hate the international breaks anyway. 

It was probably at 30 pages following the team news being released as people were sharpening their knives and telling us all how negative the team selection was.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It was probably at 30 pages following the team news being released as people were sharpening their knives and telling us all how negative the team selection was.

Fair point, I hadn't factored that into the equation. Probably a fair amount of the same people coming on after the game and telling us how brave a decision it was and 100% the right call. The beauty of hindsight. 

Just watched the goal again. Really cute set up at the wall from Derby.

Having Evans and Bird on the end of the wall pushes Krul further to his right in order to be able to view the ball strike. It means Rooney knows he doesn't have to hit it too hard and can just concentrate on placement. No real pace needed on the ball.

Subtle but very important detail and obviously a set piece plan that has been worked on. 

Also very similar position to his goal vs Preston.  That one he hit hard to the keepers right and I'm sure that was in Kruls mind too. He'll have done his homework. The way Bird and Evans splits would give the impression that Rooney was aiming there so again keeps Krul to his right hand side.

Archived