Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

8 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Just watched the goal again. Really cute set up at the wall from Derby.

Having Evans and Bird on the end of the wall pushes Krul further to his right in order to be able to view the ball strike. It means Rooney knows he doesn't have to hit it too hard and can just concentrate on placement. No real pace needed on the ball.

Subtle but very important detail and obviously a set piece plan that has been worked on. 

Also very similar position to his goal vs Preston.  That one he hit hard to the keepers right and I'm sure that was in Kruls mind too. He'll have done his homework. The way Bird and Evans splits would give the impression that Rooney was aiming there so again keeps Krul to his right hand side.

Well done gccr.....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I had us down for a 1 - 4 loss, with Clarke opening the scoring, but fully expected him to be playing in goal, such are some of the team selections and substitution! Oh how good it is to be so wrong!

Which leaves me with one question: who dug out the divot nest to the penalty spot?

Just seen this on BBC. Norwich committed twice as many fouls despite us having 1/2 their possession. In effect that makes them 4 times more frequent than us at committing fouls.

I didn’t really think they were that bad, and I’m wondering what it means. Are we looking worse than we really are because we’re being muscled out of games? Is that something that will improve with experience?

2B5928B4-F3EF-4E47-9FB6-C2F6E3B64EB7.jpeg

48 minutes ago, ck- said:

Just seen this on BBC. Norwich committed twice as many fouls despite us having 1/2 their possession. In effect that makes them 4 times more frequent than us at committing fouls.

I didn’t really think they were that bad, and I’m wondering what it means. Are we looking worse than we really are because we’re being muscled out of games? Is that something that will improve with experience?

It means the carrot crunchers , Buendia in particular are dirty niggly barstewards 

9 hours ago, ck- said:

200w.gif

9 hours ago, ck- said:

I do agree we seem to get muscled out a lot of the time.

We're really not a street smart team - it's one of the reasons I like having Shinnie in the side, because he's got a bit of that about him. Last year we gave away a lot of fouls that were petualnt, pointless or dangerous and it seems there has been some trying to do less of that this season, but it's been manfesting itself as being passive.

10 hours ago, ck- said:

We were clever with our defending by not diving in, yet they were ‘tactics’ and took out our players when we were on the break.

The interesting one is shots on target (for the season). We’re 8th overall, but only 3 teams have scored fewer - Wycombe, Forest and Barnsley.

On 04/10/2020 at 11:40, Ellafella said:

Great highlights. Great commenatry by OB & Shane Nic. Lovely to see Cocu, Rooney et al with big smiles at the final whistle. That frank discussion on Monday clearly brought the Club back together. Now have to follow this up with getting a striker in and winning th enext game. 

People keep mentioning a frank discussion but it’s completely passed me by. Can anyone let me know what I’ve missed? 

19 hours ago, ck- said:

When we played them a couple of seasons ago they were extremely quick to foul the opponent before they could launch any meaningful attacks and it seems that they continue to do so. Credit to the ref then ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived