Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

just heard of steve... fantastic bloke and he would bring posters and memorabilia for my grandson when we came over.

Yeah Steve messaged me earlier when he saw my FB post. The bloke was a true gent. Hope you're ok mate.

9 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Standard Derby letting my accumulator down again.

In other news... well in Derby! Never doubted you ?

Was given a £5 free bet and wondered what to do with it. Decided to put it on this.

13371361_20201003Rooneyfreebet.thumb.jpg.f6aced74adb21ad8155ea2c6afa613a2.jpg

Pink strip every week from now on. Very solid performance. Deserved a little slice of luck. The season starts now!

Well it looks like Cocu got the result he was looking for and I don’t just mean on the pitch. 

The players played with spirit and passion and followed instructions well!

This is the reaction many of us were hoping for, despite concerns it could go the other way.

Top performances from Marshall, davies and Knight. Everyone else had a role to play and did it well.

This is a good base to build from now. With Lawrence, Beilik, Waghorn, Ibe, Sibley and Bird to be bought back in with a new signing we can really push on from here!

With the difference in attitude wouldnt have minded losing to a better side but well done to everyone involved. Turn of Whittaker, Knight and Buchanan to get youth plaudits today. Glad it is spread about as too much pressure if all on one youngster. Kit looked so much better live on the pitch than on the PR stuff this week. 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

We have to thank Atwell for making their wall stand 12 or 13 yards from the free kick. Watch it again for a chuckle. 

Just watched the goal again. Defenders were well off the ground when Rooney put it over their heads.

It's only 3 points, takes us up to the lofty heights of 18th (albeit for a couple of hours) but could prove to be a huge win in our season for a number of reasons.

We are off the mark points-wise.

First clean sheet of the season.

For a change we go into an international break on the back of a positive result, giving Cocu 2 clear weeks to further integrate the new players into how he wants them to play.

The transfer window remains open, potentially for another 2 weeks so there may be further additions to improve the squad.

Jason Knight confirmed he is good enough to be given a regular start as a central midfielder in our team.

Well it wasn’t normal Derby that but Cocu got it spot on, after the thrashing we took last week today was all about a result no matter how we played, we dug in got our luck at times but deserved it, first half was mainly all them but created little against a solid back line. 

Marshall- brilliant 

Bryne- brilliant looks a great signing

Davies- old school solid definitely offers us something 

Evans- be disappointed with the pen but he always does a job and his passing out from the back is second to none

Clarke- solid 

Buchanan- grew into the game against very difficult opposition

Shinnie- determined solid as always 

Knight- class so much better in the middle

Holmes- did ok not 100% fit

Rooney- forget the 87 minutes all about the free kick

Jozwaik- nice few runs growing into the side 

big important win especially with the run we’ve got coming up!

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Just watched the goal again. Defenders were well off the ground when Rooney put it over their heads.

So interesting to see how the game has changed and become more professional. As well as synchronized wall jumping nowadays, many teams have an extra player who lies on the ground behind the wall to stop the shot going underneath.

Set pieces can make or break a season and I hope it's an area we work on relentlessly, both offensively and defensively. Great to score from one today. I don't think I'll ever see someone as good at striking a freekick as Harry Wilson, but it was a very good strike from Rooney to bag the 3 points.

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Well it looks like Cocu got the result he was looking for and I don’t just mean on the pitch. 

The players played with spirit and passion and followed instructions well!

This is the reaction many of us were hoping for, despite concerns it could go the other way.

Top performances from Marshall, davies and Knight. Everyone else had a role to play and did it well.

This is a good base to build from now. With Lawrence, Beilik, Waghorn, Ibe, Sibley and Bird to be bought back in with a new signing we can really push on from here!

Nightmare picking the new team. Start with hard working as criterion number one.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Nightmare picking the new team. Start with hard working as criterion number one.

Indeed........hard work and effectiveness in your designated role.

There will be quality chomping at the bit to be back involved after the international break!

I think Knight looked really good in the middle. He worked really hard, and earned us the freekick that won us the game. He deserves to keep his spot in the middle of the pitch in my opinion. Curtis Davies was a man mountain, Marshall made some great saves. We rode our luck a bit, but it was a tremendous result. 

Archived