Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Well said. I've seen a few people referring to the performance as "poohousery" etc. I must confess that I listened to the game rather than watched it, but to me it sounded like a textbook away display. I can't recall Norwich having a hatful of chances besides the penalty and the two saves from Marshall. I can understand people who say we were fortunate to get all 3pts but I think we need to separate the result from the performance (yes, I think it's possible to do that even when we win!)

Today was about reacting to Saturday's debacle with character and organisation, not scintillating football. All that was required was that we turn up, put in a performance that would get us a point, and leave with something to build on. Job done.

Time to enjoy. Just enjoy the win.

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

His one telling contribution. Admittedly that’s won us the game, but on another day it wouldn’t have gone in and his output would’ve been zero. He was pants today, absolute pants...

You not a regular watcher of football then?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Buchanan won 10 headers in that game!

Amazing statistic. Is there a stat man who can count all the defensive headers today. Buchanan's performance was for me the most surprising today. Whittaker looks very classy and he is getting better every week.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Amazing statistic. Is there a stat man who can count all the defensive headers today. Buchanan's performance was for me the most surprising today. Whittaker looks very classy and he is getting better every week.

The rest of our team headed a total of 9, Shinnie with 2, the others with 1.
Norwich’s combined total was 12 (three players with 3). 

10 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

His one telling contribution. Admittedly that’s won us the game, but on another day it wouldn’t have gone in and his output would’ve been zero. He was pants today, absolute pants...

I don’t mind if for every single game this season his “one telling contribution” is the winning goal....

that’s what winners do...

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Whittaker deffo improving and if he can improve his shielding of the ball he is gonna be right hand full, there’s just some time s he has the ball taken off him too easily but he’s young and still green

8 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

I haven’t read the comments, but just seen the team on SKY.

That’s it, not even bothering to watch ?

I would rather he start with: Whittaker, Trialist, Marriott, Joz, Sibbers - At least LOOK like we’re trying to score.

This is a shower of sh** and, nice guy as he seems, Cocu is NOT the right man for this job - I genuinely think he’ll be gone in a few weeks, if not after today ?

8 hours ago, Edtheram said:

This is the Cocu way simple - bet he’s happy as Larry 

8 hours ago, dodger37 said:

How bad are we,ouch.

8 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

Watch and learn cocu

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think this is the worse I remember us being since relegation from the Prem.

Absolutely awful team at the minute.

7 hours ago, Jayram said:

Yes but it’s our reality every bloody week whoever we are playing. Negative, dull, predictable. How about having a go at the opposition instead of worrying about who they are or what they are doing? Norwich are a good side but they are not world beaters. Just get at them FFS!!

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

We are obviously playing for a 0-0, so in that respect, you would have to say: so far, so good where the gameplan is concerned.

But it just shows where we lack quality and need new signings - in central midfield and in the striker position.

From a defensive standpoint, we have taken the sting out of the game and weathered the early storm.

But going forward, we are beyond limited. No ball retention in midfield, no service to players who can hurt the opposition like Jozwiak. 

Hopefully we can hang on.

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Whittaker deffo improving and if he can improve his shielding of the ball he is gonna be right hand full, there’s just some time s he has the ball taken off him too easily but he’s young and still green

Yes, agree with you there. Moves very well with the ball, deceptive movement, one of those who glides rather than jinks and sprints. And that was a really clean hit with some real venom, that got saved by finger tips.

I think 5 at the back looked much better today than when we tried it in preseason. With Byrne already being used to it, and Buchanan having learned the wing back position more, they both offered a lot of width, Buchanan linked up nicely with Jozwiak a few times too. It's a huge advantage we have over last season, we have some players that can offer genuine width now. Makes us less predictable. 

This international break is kind of nice timing for us. Giving us time to get Lawrence, Ibe, Waghorn, Bielik, and hopefully a new striker in and about the team should help no end. Important to go into it on a high.

13 minutes ago, Archied said:

100%, he's come on a lot in a year. He's clearly talented, but didn't take to it as naturally as some of our midfielders, which is fine. Every time we see him now he seems to offer more and more. Hopefully he can grab a goal soon and really kick on.

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Other than the goal, and it’s fair to say he won’t ping that kind of free kick every week, what positive things did he do??? Enlighten me...

He linked up play. His movement making space was good. He got into good positions but missed (airshots) a couple of decent chances. Took some decent corners. He will 'ping' that kind of freekick again, quite regularly given chance. We had 5 at the back, whadda ya want?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I find that hard to believe, how many did Davies head?

1. Those are the numbers according to Whoscored, so who knows how accurate they are. 
They have Davies down as 10 clearances, so maybe headed clearances go down as a clearance rather than an ‘aerial battle won’, as I don’t recall him kicking the ball clear all game. 

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I don’t mind if for every single game this season his “one telling contribution” is the winning goal....

that’s what winners do...

The point is, he won’t do it every week, and if his performances mirror the other 84 minutes of today’s game, then he shouldn’t be in the team. You can’t carry a player in case he does one good thing. You let Nick Blackman play every minute of every game over a season he would probably do something useful eventually... Maybe...

Rooney has been a hell of a player, and has was immense from the turn of the year, until lockdown. But since coming back, he’s been bang average...

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Other than the goal, and it’s fair to say he won’t ping that kind of free kick every week, what positive things did he do??? Enlighten me...

Well, let’s start with the move from mid. Took the ball laid out a beauty to Holmes who returned the favour and he was through on goal. Weaker foot, miscues under pressure but turned the screw on Norwich. It was from then on we started to play and went to the front foot. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

100%, he's come on a lot in a year. He's clearly talented, but didn't take to it as naturally as some of our midfielders, which is fine. Every time we see him now he seems to offer more and more. Hopefully he can grab a goal soon and really kick on.

Reckon we will see them all comming on once we have players back from injury and the new signings available as they have had to be thrown in a bit this season and will benefit from experience around them as I believe cocu will use them in rotation rather than forget about them as other managers we’ve had probably would once they have their own players in

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The rest of our team headed a total of 9, Shinnie with 2, the others with 1.
Norwich’s combined total was 12 (three players with 3). 

Even more stunning statistics, GofC. Thank you. So 19 headed clearances, unbelievable considering previous games. Match winning factor. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Archived