Live football thread.

Rev

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Is there any way to stop fans travelling without tickets? 

trouble is border controls aren’t great either.

Stop setting up these ridiculous fan parks in host cities for fans travelling without tickets. It's almost like they are encouraging trouble. Is it Uefa, or the host cities looking to benefit from extra income?

Don't understand why the teams involved in a final don't set up fan parks back in their own cities. If Liverpool had opened Anfield up last night, how many fans would not have travelled?

11 hours ago, Gaspode said:

It shows how crazy the rules are now - it comes off a Liverpool player and it’s offside because he didn’t mean to pass the ball to Benzema yet if a ball accidentally hits an arm in the box it’s a penalty - and Peter Walton is a complete waste of space

The rule is very clear . If it’s a deliberate tackle ( not a save) then it’s not offside. Unless you interpret that to include a saving tackle then it was clearly onside. Can’t believe Var took so long to reach the wrong decision.

There seems to be an air of "Oh well, it's Liverpool supporters again" (and I must admit that was my first thought too)- but now stories are coming out of incompetence and organisation to match that which we witnessed at Euro 2020/21.

It’s probably worth pointing out that the Stade De France did experience and stop a very real terrorist attack a few years ago.

I get the point of view of innocent Liverpool fans getting caught up in the middle of it all with pepper spray and queuing…but my point is if those in charge perceive there to be an increased security threat they aren’t going to go ‘oh it’s just Liverpool's passionate support and we should stand back and let them do what they want’. 

Nice to see to see the propaganda has started from both sides after last nights issues with the Scousers trying to gain entry to the ground before the match.

Weirdest comment has to be woman who was complaining that she was gassed by the French police and she had asthma.

Didn't realise that the police had to elicit any preexisting medical conditions from people prior to them administering CS gas in the local area.

Obviously the French police are totally unfeeling barbarians. 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nice to see to see the propaganda has started from both sides after last nights issues with the Scousers trying to gain entry to the ground before the match.

Weirdest comment has to be woman who was complaining that she was gassed by the French police and she had asthma.

Didn't realise that the police had to elicit any preexisting medical conditions from people prior to them administering CS gas in the local area.

Having worked in in the past in Paris for 18 months, I'd say that was certainly the impression they try to convey.....

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Well, they aren't renowned for their softly-softly approach, and fans should be aware of that, but whilst no-one expects them to check on anyone's general health before spraying them, a lone fan holding up a genuine match ticket to indicate that they're no threat doesn't deserve to be targeted. 

I've noticed that some of the social media accounts congratulating the French police on their crowd control measures also have posts condemning the same police for their treatment of the Gillets Jaune. 

I've no great love for Liverpool fans, but I'm not going to swallow the narrative of either extreme, because this doesn't appear to be a simple case of fans misbehaving. 

It's clearly fashionable to have a down on Liverpool fans but I think there are two sides to the story. Quite a few turned up without tickets intent on jumping fences no doubt, but suggestions that that means everyone should be pepper-sprayed are pretty crass. Some of the labels used on this thread and social media in general say rather more about the posters than their intended targets.

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

It happens when any large British club plays in a European final. Celtic and Rangers in Seville are a good example, and though most of them are happy just to be there, there'll always be some who'll take a chance on a dodgy ticket. 

The fans who stormed Wembley at the Euro final weren't Liverpool supporters. 

I didn’t say they were Liverpool supporters. But just saying something similar happened there and I can understand the hesitation regarding security.

Liverpool seemed to welcome the idea of thousands traveling to Paris without a ticket. I don’t know why.

Real Madrid opened their own stadium for people to watch the game. Wouldn’t it have made more sense for Liverpool to have opened up Anfield?

Again, I feel sorry for the Liverpool fans who had genuine tickets and got caught up in it all. But unfortunately some morons tend to ruin it for the innocent ones.

England will play their Nations League group match against Hungary in Budapest on Saturday with at least 30,000 fans in attendance - even though the fixture is being held behind closed doors.

Hungary have been ordered to play games without crowds after racist behaviour by their fans.

But their football association is using a Uefa regulation that allows children to attend, accompanied by an adult.

And the Hungarian FA has had 30,000 children register for Saturday's game.

Edited by Yani P