Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing a player for money is no longer a means of making an addition to the squad.
In the context of ffp and a situation whereby wages and other costs already account for the maximum permissible loss, every signing demands an equal and opposite reaction or future disposal. So we don’t so much add to the squad, as acquire a liability or debt that must be repaid. We don’t just buy, we just commit ourselves to a future sale. 

right now I’d rather we hung onto our good young players. No club seems to want to part with real money for josefzoon, Carson, Davies, Etc. The only other senior players who might attract some interest and we could consider selling are wisdom or lawrence. But even that is a bit hopeful. 
therefore unless we can sign loans or freebies, we should sit on our hands. otherwise we will end up being forced to sell sibley or knight or Lowe or bogle etc. 

based on the brief snippets of pre-season action, it looks as if our u23 recruitment has delivered a couple of good prospects in Ibrahim and borkovic. That’s a much better way to operate.  Let’s build another outstanding development team and put the cheque book away. 

53 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Signing a player for money is no longer a means of making an addition to the squad.
In the context of ffp and a situation whereby wages and other costs already account for the maximum permissible loss, every signing demands an equal and opposite reaction or future disposal. So we don’t so much add to the squad, as acquire a liability or debt that must be repaid. We don’t just buy, we just commit ourselves to a future sale. 

right now I’d rather we hung onto our good young players. No club seems to want to part with real money for josefzoon, Carson, Davies, Etc. The only other senior players who might attract some interest and we could consider selling are wisdom or lawrence. But even that is a bit hopeful. 
therefore unless we can sign loans or freebies, we should sit on our hands. otherwise we will end up being forced to sell sibley or knight or Lowe or bogle etc. 

based on the brief snippets of pre-season action, it looks as if our u23 recruitment has delivered a couple of good prospects in Ibrahim and borkovic. That’s a much better way to operate.  Let’s build another outstanding development team and put the cheque book away. 

We dont have to worry about ffp anymore we won the case.

On 29/08/2020 at 21:10, DCFC1388 said:

Hopefully start to see some activity this week

Screenshot_20200829-210917_Twitter.jpg

At this point he's simply stating the obvious. Nobody wants to secure transfer targets slowly. 

He is capable of doing good journalism, but at the DET he has both hands tied behind his back and his feet set in concrete, because they'd rather vomit out clickbait crap to push clicks towards their unreadable mess of a website than put the effort in. The DET know nothing everyone else isn't aware of. 

59 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

At this point he's simply stating the obvious. Nobody wants to secure transfer targets slowly. 

Well that's not necessarily true is it. Maybe some clubs will wait until the two week window where it's Prem & league clubs only to cut deals. So we're not waiting (at least not intentionally)...

12 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

I’d love us to try for Woodrow.

15 goals last season is a very good return for a side who battled relegation. He’s at a good age at only 25, and appears to fit the mould of the type of striker Cocu likes in his sides.

Would imagine he’d probably cost a fair bit though, and like you say, we’d probably have to sell first before we could buy.

Some lovely strikes in this goals compilation from last season!

People get upset because Lawrence shoots too often or if Waghorn misses too many. If we signed Woodrow, we’d need the entire county’s ambulance service queued up Outside Pride Park. 140 shots to Lawrence’s 90. 10 shots per goal to Waghorn’s 7.6.

19 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I'd be happy with Ben Osborn not done alot at Sheffield United think you'd get him on a season long loan with a view to sign 

Sheff United fans were raving about him not long ago I believe.

I'm friends with his mother on Facebook having worked with her and she was glowing not long back after him putting in back 2 back good performances.

I can't see them letting him go.

On 30/08/2020 at 18:48, Anag Ram said:

Back to topic, do you think we might be looking at Barnsley for our next signing? 

Woodrow and Chaplin both did well last year to keep them up. 

We would probably have to sell to get them. 

I'd rather go for Chaplin before Woodrow

Archived