Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Don't care if he's the biggest Bamford around, he was excellent for us and was genuinely someone that would get you off your seat. Would love him back at the club. 

Talking of Bamford's, We know Bamford wont cut it in the prem. He will be available at some point for loan. Bamford is a Bamford, but he can do more than a job in this league. 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sheff United fans were raving about him not long ago I believe.

I'm friends with his mother on Facebook having worked with her and she was glowing not long back after him putting in back 2 back good performances.

I can't see them letting him go.

I didn't realise, I just remembered him being more a squad player last season for them. He's a top player and deserves to be given a chance to be fair to him

As in every season, we speculate, Phil and his recruitment team will be doing what they can on targets they’ll have been looking at for some time, I expect there’ll be a real ‘leftfield’ inbound (no the pun is not intended) that’s not been mentioned. Buzzing for Saturday, in Phil we trust. 

7 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Anybody getting the same feeling as me and thinking letting Mitchell-lawson go out on loan before we have filled the position before letting him go could really cost us at the start of the season? 

I think it’s the same situation as we saw with Luke Thomas. We assumed the loan was with a view to coming back and playing for us, but actually it was just a prelude to his departure. 

we haven’t seen much of him, and he might have been an option, but now I will be surprised if he ever plays for us. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I think it’s the same situation as we saw with Luke Thomas. We assumed the loan was with a view to coming back and playing for us, but actually it was just a prelude to his departure. 

we haven’t seen much of him, and he might have been an option, but now I will be surprised if he ever plays for us. 

Maybe the case but with us being so short on the wings I just think he's better then we have at the minute and he type of winger we could do with at the minute someone who is willing to run at his man, unless there considering pushing bogle more forward and playing wisdom behind him when wisdom is fit 

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Anybody getting the same feeling as me and thinking letting Mitchell-lawson go out on loan before we have filled the position before letting him go could really cost us at the start of the season? 

It has crossed my mind. I think Mitchell-Lawson's weakness is his all-round contribution,  especially defensively. However, I am sure that his contribution as an impact sub would be every bit as good as Bennett's, for example.

We wanted and attacking mid/right winger in Jan as well as a striker.

So with Martin gone we surely want 3 attacking players now? And if Jozefzoon goes we would need a 4th?

I know he didnt play much but in reality we could have lost the following attacking players since last summer - Paterson Dowell JML Bennett Martin plus maybe Jozefzoon with no replacements other than academy products in Whittaker & Knight who is more of a centre mid imo.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

We wanted and attacking mid/right winger in Jan as well as a striker.

So with Martin gone we surely want 3 attacking players now? And if Jozefzoon goes we would need a 4th?

I know he didnt play much but in reality we could have lost the following attacking players since last summer - Paterson Dowell JML Bennett Martin plus maybe Jozefzoon with no replacements other than academy products in Whittaker & Knight who is more of a centre mid imo.

I can see JHI going on loan to Peterborough as well so you would hope we have players lined up.

Few suggestions, some (slightly) more crazy than the other...

Obvious -

Andre Green- Winger, 22, free transfer (having left Villa). Can play on the left (preferred) or right. Suspect his wage demands wouldn't be ridiculous given he's spent the last 3 seasons as a League 1/Championship player on loan. Good option for depth.

Crazy-

Ricky van Wolfswinkel - Centre Forward, 31, free transfer (having left Basel). Has a good scoring record in the Dutch and Swiss premier leagues (1 goal per 2.5 games on average). Yes, he's older than we'd normally like, but seems to me like a pretty good replacement for Chris Martin. Also he's dutch, so that's good.

Wildcard-

Moussa Sylla - Centre Forward, 22, free transfer (having left Monaco). Was part of Monaco set up for the last 7 years but never really made the step up. Obviously a gamble, but at 22, on a free, he must have had something about him to be at a club like Monaco for 7 years...

26 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Few suggestions, some (slightly) more crazy than the other...

Obvious -

Andre Green- Winger, 22, free transfer (having left Villa). Can play on the left (preferred) or right. Suspect his wage demands wouldn't be ridiculous given he's spent the last 3 seasons as a League 1/Championship player on loan. Good option for depth.

Crazy-

Ricky van Wolfswinkel - Centre Forward, 31, free transfer (having left Basel). Has a good scoring record in the Dutch and Swiss premier leagues (1 goal per 2.5 games on average). Yes, he's older than we'd normally like, but seems to me like a pretty good replacement for Chris Martin. Also he's dutch, so that's good.

Wildcard-

Moussa Sylla - Centre Forward, 22, free transfer (having left Monaco). Was part of Monaco set up for the last 7 years but never really made the step up. Obviously a gamble, but at 22, on a free, he must have had something about him to be at a club like Monaco for 7 years...

I'd take all personally , I reccomended sylla a few weeks ago, he scored in the champions league and he's only 20 years old so seems like a no brainer 

Archived