Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

14 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

This Forum should have a representative on the DCFC recruitment team. With our wide football knowledge and a combined,  maybe 10 000 years of experience, it’s a offer the club couldn’t refuse.

I always thought this, obviously the majority of people don't have any scouting knowledge but if we had someone from the club that looked at our suggestions and decided wether they were worth having a look at surely it would be a great idea,  a little unorthodox but fundamentally would be a great idea 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, SKRam said:

So just to clarify, for this ‘50 miles away from the heart of Rams action and barely ever ITK’ fan.......we are absolutely, definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, not getting a H. Wilson esq. walking through the sometimes revolving doors of P.P.? Someone? Please? 

Asked Trampie for you and he has just wet himself.  Makes a change that it was from laughing.

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

I always thought this, obviously the majority of people don't have any scouting knowledge but if we had someone from the club that looked at our suggestions and decided wether they were worth having a look at surely it would be a great idea,  a little unorthodox but fundamentally would be a great idea 

Additionally we have members all over the country and abroad, who attend games our scouts never do. From a personal perspective I watch a lot of football in the Southwest. Archie Collins at Exeter City is a great prospect and I’m sure other posters would have similar recommendations. Over to you Mel.??

6 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Easiest job in the world, especially now days as you can literally rewatch every game and get a complete stat sheet after, really don’t understand how some teams struggle. We seem to excel in youth recruitment, which is something I would deem much more difficult to nail. 

Sunderland scouts literally went out to see Duane Holmes and were more interested in what he was wearing, concluding: ‘we can find better’ - the state of that genuinely infuriates me ?

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe Joe McClaren isn’t/wasn’t the problem? ?

If that is the case, I’d like to at least have some clarification on what he does as a chief scout. As my understanding would have been him taking forward a list of potential players for Derby County? 

22 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Based on example 2 of our amortisation policy, in theory, could we not by Wilson for example for say 12m on a 4year deal. Give him and ERV value of 9m then it would show on p&s at 1m per year for the first 3 years?

Abit of a gamble in terms of such a big fee and potential loss in the 4th year but I guess thats where contract extentions come in and also the gamble you take with young player purchases.

If after year 3 we gave him a 2 year extention I assume he would still have an ERV and we can pay his cost over the extra 2 years before the final year again?

Based on our amortisation policy we could sign anyone we wanted to.

2 very important things though:-

1 - Where is the transfer money coming from

2 - Wages

22 hours ago, Ambitious said:

We need wide players and we need players with athleticism. Answers on a postcode. 

Ibe seems obvious to me, albeit maybe too expensive for our taste, so someone similar. 

Hopefully we’ve explored it but as you allude to if he’s wanting silly money then we walk away. 

doesn’t feel like clubs are queuing up to sign him mind. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Easiest job in the world, especially now days as you can literally rewatch every game and get a complete stat sheet after, really don’t understand how some teams struggle. We seem to excel in youth recruitment, which is something I would deem much more difficult to nail. 

Sunderland scouts literally went out to see Duane Holmes and were more interested in what he was wearing, concluding: ‘we can find better’ - the state of that genuinely infuriates me ?

Think it's a very naive view.

If scouting was so easy literally nobody would make a bad signing ever.

You can have all the tools and knowledge in the world but sometimes things just dont work out.

Despite having access to all of his career stats you still told us all Pearson was the perfect manager for us.

Now you would you think choosing a manager would be the easiest job in the world...

I think we should bid for a few Middlesbrough players

• ashley fletcher £3.6m Striker
  • lewis wing £2.5m midfield
  • marcus tavernier £1.6m Left midfield

we could explain to mr Gibson, that we’ve had a bit of a financial windfall and we’re now suddenly flush with cash

? ? ? 

47 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

If that is the case, I’d like to at least have some clarification on what he does as a chief scout. As my understanding would have been him taking forward a list of potential players for Derby County? 

I honestly dont think it can be spelt any clearer Joe doent pick the players to buy never has never will.the first team managers will have a list of the attributes they want, mel and finance team will have the amount they want to spend.the scouting team will scout for the type of player that has both the attributes and cost they need and will probably provide 100s of player that fit it.then it's over to the manager to they decide who he wants then to the other team to get the player.when you see player that go to other clubs it dont mean we haven't tryed just that we may not think hes good enough or even be able to afford said player for wages, contract he wants and sale price not to mention he might not even want to join us.there is just so many variables I cant even be bothered to list them.its just not as simple as fifa mate.

Archived