Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Coconut said:

so why on earth do people think he's going to emerge as striker again in (quite possibly) his final season playing, in 2020/21, in the championship?

Because they want to see 4-3-3 and it's the one position where it **could** work in 4-3-3, despite the fact it wouldn't. Rooney can only play at the base of midfield with runners surrounding him doing the work.

51 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He wasn't considered a striker when he returned to Everton in 2017 or in the MLS in 2018 or 2019, so why on earth do people think he's going to emerge as striker again in (quite possibly) his final season playing, in 2020/21, in the championship?

Because there's no-one else and he is easily good enough to do it.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you were basing it on Wayne Rooney from 2017 I'd agree, but he's shown nothing either at DC Utd or DCFC to say that the 2020 Wayne Rooney is good enough to play the role, let alone easily good enough.

There isn't 'no-one else'

As a lone striker in 2020 anything he may (or may not) have to offer over Marriott or Waghorn would have to be so heavily compensated for in other areas that I don't think it's a workable solution.

They're not hold-up men suited for playing upfront alone, but neither in 2020 (imo) is Rooney.

I don't think I said 2020 enough times. 2020 2020 2020 2020 2020 2020 2020 2020 2020. There, that's better.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes but dont forget many Derby fans dont appreciate a quality player over 30 who can control the ball, hold it up, pass subtlely and accurately and also score as a striker if they are not a 100m sprinter also. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

According to Forest fans we were in for some donkey they've just signed from Olympiacos but he turned us down. Bit like Marriott was ready to sell his granny rather than sign for us till they pulled out.  Where do they get this from.?

"Signed"? 

Archived