Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

We wanted and attacking mid/right winger in Jan as well as a striker.

So with Martin gone we surely want 3 attacking players now? And if Jozefzoon goes we would need a 4th?

I know he didnt play much but in reality we could have lost the following attacking players since last summer - Paterson Dowell JML Bennett Martin plus maybe Jozefzoon with no replacements other than academy products in Whittaker & Knight who is more of a centre mid imo.

Cocu eluded to wanting three in his press conference today.

I noticed PSV are hoping to let Ritsu Doan go out on loan. Left-footed Japanese international right winger. I think he qualifies for a work permit. Was very good at Groningen but is out of favour with PSV's current management team. I know there's a general agreement that Cocu won't go in for PSV players, but I should imagine that's to stop him signing PSV's key players and they might be happy to agree a deal in a situation like this.

52 minutes ago, JfR said:

I noticed PSV are hoping to let Ritsu Doan go out on loan. Left-footed Japanese international right winger. I think he qualifies for a work permit. Was very good at Groningen but is out of favour with PSV's current management team. I know there's a general agreement that Cocu won't go in for PSV players, but I should imagine that's to stop him signing PSV's key players and they might be happy to agree a deal in a situation like this.

Why would we not go for someone at PSV - they can say they are not available - not that we could afford them probably 

5 hours ago, erathirea said:

Few suggestions, some (slightly) more crazy than the other...

Obvious -

Andre Green- Winger, 22, free transfer (having left Villa). Can play on the left (preferred) or right. Suspect his wage demands wouldn't be ridiculous given he's spent the last 3 seasons as a League 1/Championship player on loan. Good option for depth.

Crazy-

Ricky van Wolfswinkel - Centre Forward, 31, free transfer (having left Basel). Has a good scoring record in the Dutch and Swiss premier leagues (1 goal per 2.5 games on average). Yes, he's older than we'd normally like, but seems to me like a pretty good replacement for Chris Martin. Also he's dutch, so that's good.

Wildcard-

Moussa Sylla - Centre Forward, 22, free transfer (having left Monaco). Was part of Monaco set up for the last 7 years but never really made the step up. Obviously a gamble, but at 22, on a free, he must have had something about him to be at a club like Monaco for 7 years...

Van Wolfswinkel had a poor time at Norwich in the Prem as i recall when Hughton was manager 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Why would we not go for someone at PSV - they can say they are not available - not that we could afford them probably 

Just something I heard somewhere, that when Cocu left PSV they had a gentlemen's agreement in place that he wouldn't just go back and plunder their squad for players or snap up their targets, presumably based on the scenario that whoever he moved to would have more power in the market than PSV do

Archived