Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I think we should bid for a few Middlesbrough players

• ashley fletcher £3.6m Striker
  • lewis wing £2.5m midfield
  • marcus tavernier £1.6m Left midfield

we could explain to mr Gibson, that we’ve had a bit of a financial windfall and we’re now suddenly flush with cash

? ? ? 

We'd find better on Markeaton park than that lot.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I think we should bid for a few Middlesbrough players

• ashley fletcher £3.6m Striker
  • lewis wing £2.5m midfield
  • marcus tavernier £1.6m Left midfield

we could explain to mr Gibson, that we’ve had a bit of a financial windfall and we’re now suddenly flush with cash

? ? ? 

Or better yet, we send him a few hundred grand for all three, because we conducted our own valuation of the players and believe that that more accurately represents their true value

39 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

I honestly dont think it can be spelt any clearer Joe doent pick the players to buy never has never will.the first team managers will have a list of the attributes they want, mel and finance team will have the amount they want to spend.the scouting team will scout for the type of player that has both the attributes and cost they need and will probably provide 100s of player that fit it.then it's over to the manager to they decide who he wants then to the other team to get the player.when you see player that go to other clubs it dont mean we haven't tryed just that we may not think hes good enough or even be able to afford said player for wages, contract he wants and sale price not to mention he might not even want to join us.there is just so many variables I cant even be bothered to list them.its just not as simple as fifa mate.

If I played fifa I’d say thanks for correcting me. As per original quote I want to know what he does. Thanks for the rabble 

42 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

I honestly dont think it can be spelt any clearer Joe doent pick the players to buy never has never will.the first team managers will have a list of the attributes they want, mel and finance team will have the amount they want to spend.the scouting team will scout for the type of player that has both the attributes and cost they need and will probably provide 100s of player that fit it.then it's over to the manager to they decide who he wants then to the other team to get the player.when you see player that go to other clubs it dont mean we haven't tryed just that we may not think hes good enough or even be able to afford said player for wages, contract he wants and sale price not to mention he might not even want to join us.there is just so many variables I cant even be bothered to list them.its just not as simple as fifa mate.

Mrs Ince made it look easy

Just now, EraniosSocks said:

If I played fifa I’d say thanks for correcting me. As per original quote I want to know what he does. Thanks for the rabble 

Well if you didnt understand from my "rabble" I'm afraid I'm stuck....I guess some people are blessed others not so much.

4 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Also why dont you tell me what it is about Joe's position you dont understand and maybe I can try and help you understand.

5 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I think the point is the scouts don't decide or suggest who we should buy. 

The manager says we need a player who can do a, b, c.. The scouts go out and provide match reports on potentially dozens of players with those skill sets. Narrow it down, highlight weaknesses. 

The manager then asks them to revisit certain players and talks to the board about finances. 

He then watches a few players who fit the bill best and passes it on to the negotiation team to try and get a better idea if they are available, how much they will cost... Then the manager revisit them, maybe with the scout to bounce ideas off and decides if its a definite match and then he goes back to the recruitment team and ask them to actually try to secure a deal. 

In that scenario the scout is really not necessarily the prime 'recruitment' voice. It is more like asking someone you trust to give a reference for someone they know professionally that you are going to employ. 

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I think the point is the scouts don't decide or suggest who we should buy. 

The manager says we need a player who can do a, b, c.. The scouts go out and provide match reports on potentially dozens of players with those skill sets. Narrow it down, highlight weaknesses. 

The manager then asks them to revisit certain players and talks to the board about finances. 

He then watches a few players who fit the bill best and passes it on to the negotiation team to try and get a better idea if they are available, how much they will cost... Then the manager revisit them, maybe with the scout to bounce ideas off and decides if its a definite match and then he goes back to the recruitment team and ask them to actually try to secure a deal. 

In that scenario the scout is really not necessarily the prime 'recruitment' voice. It is more like asking someone you trust to give a reference for someone they know professionally that you are going to employ. 

Thank you ! 

Would of been a top signing, only cost them a million and is a quick direct winger which is exactly what we need. Young aswell so lots of potential for a bit of added value, wonder if he might of been on our radar at some point, seems to fit the bill although is a bit of a risk coming back from injury I suppose.

2 hours ago, JfR said:

Or better yet, we send him a few hundred grand for all three, because we conducted our own valuation of the players and believe that that more accurately represents their true value

I hadn't considered Mr Messenger was available to do player valuations.  His valuations would likely be bombproof as he would have ascertained the value of those players by directly comparing them with three Morecombe players.

Love that guy.

8 hours ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

Would of been a top signing, only cost them a million and is a quick direct winger which is exactly what we need. Young aswell so lots of potential for a bit of added value, wonder if he might of been on our radar at some point, seems to fit the bill although is a bit of a risk coming back from injury I suppose.

Have you watched him play? Constantly on the injury table and heavily relies on his pace. A bit like a taller Mason Bennett. I’d want us to go for someone who’d generally improve us!

10 hours ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

We probably haven’t got £1 million to spend on transfer fees 

Seen one of the latest rumours in the wider mill is Rico Henry from Brentford having interest from premier league clubs. Assuming they were offered around the 10mill mark and accepted, is it likely they would come back in for Lowe (if you believe that rumour last summer)?

if so how much would you want and would Buchanan be a factor in accepting?

3 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Seen one of the latest rumours in the wider mill is Rico Henry from Brentford having interest from premier league clubs. Assuming they were offered around the 10mill mark and accepted, is it likely they would come back in for Lowe (if you believe that rumour last summer)?

I wouldn’t want to sell to another championship club to be honest because they don’t offer the premiership type of money 

3 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Maybe they’ve already signed the replacement. 
Dominic Thompson from Arsenal.

Archived