• Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Kamil jozwiak 

robert gumny if we sell bogle  

if Lowe does go we should look at michał karbrownik

and for a striker should try filip marchwinksi

These lads are sensational 

I like the sentiment. We should look abroad.

But we have to be realistic. Some if not all of these players will be on the radar of bigger clubs.

Take Michal Karbownik as an example - he’s been heavily linked with a move to Napoli.

1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Got a bad feeling we won’t have a winger in place till after the first few games 

If it’s a loan from a premiership club then they will most likely be at the beginning of October when the premiership Window is shut apart from letting the EFL having some scraps and expensive scraps at that 

1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Got a bad feeling we won’t have a winger in place till after the first few games 

Why? We dont play with wingers anyway.

I've got a bad feeling we wont have a sweeper in place too.

25 minutes ago, KBB said:

Why? We dont play with wingers anyway.

I've got a bad feeling we wont have a sweeper in place too.

Sweeper? It’s not Euro 1992

Stop saying winger! It seems whenever someone says winger everyone pictures an old fashioned 4-4-2 setup and 3-4 posts ensue pointing out that we don't play with wingers. Don't even say inverted wingers. Stop it!

Wide forwards? Inside forwards?  We want a player capable of being both of those things, not someone who cuts inside every single time. It's so predictable.

The question, I guess, is whether we've got a collection of forwards who can play on the wing and only go central by design of the system, or whether we've had to play more narrow because of the players we've accumulated (without the current manager having the opportunity/money to buy something else) are only capable of or comfortable with cutting inside.

I'd say it's the latter, in the same way I think we're only 'pedestrian' because out most important players recently have been those who can't match the energy of the younger players.

Of course I could be wrong, but until we've fully transformed into the team Cocu wants as opposed to the team Cocu is working with it's hard to really know.

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Will we even be playing with wingers?

Can’t see us playing anything but 433 or 4231 in essence. I guess the next couple weeks will determine

Was a recent interview with one of the coaches saying we’d be playing a higher press so I guess that means with hardworking quick wingers and a quick striker 

12 hours ago, Coconut said:

Stop saying winger! It seems whenever someone says winger everyone pictures an old fashioned 4-4-2 setup and 3-4 posts ensue pointing out that we don't play with wingers. Don't even say inverted wingers. Stop it!

Wide forwards? Inside forwards?  We want a player capable of being both of those things, not someone who cuts inside every single time. It's so predictable.

The question, I guess, is whether we've got a collection of forwards who can play on the wing and only go central by design of the system, or whether we've had to play more narrow because of the players we've accumulated (without the current manager having the opportunity/money to buy something else) are only capable of or comfortable with cutting inside.

I'd say it's the latter, in the same way I think we're only 'pedestrian' because out most important players recently have been those who can't match the energy of the younger players.

Of course I could be wrong, but until we've fully transformed into the team Cocu wants as opposed to the team Cocu is working with it's hard to really know.

Probably the last players we had who went both inside and outside of defenders and crossed the ball and shot at goal and scored a fair few were Ward and Russell and plenty on here kept saying they weren’t good enough I would have them now in their pomp 

Archived