Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

That's why I'm hoping they have done this one, to sort out the crapfest of the 2nd and 3rd. First is one of my favourite movies. 

I'll wait for your review.

The only film I'm looking forward to despite knowing it will be an horrendous hot cheesefest mess is Top Gun 2.

Just nostalgia, first trip to Blockbusters to rent a VHS was Top Gun, I've seen it since an embarrassingly amount of times, could probably write the script now.

This one i can only rate in handkerchiefs, it's a 5

Bohemian Rhapsody, watched it for the first time, Mrs ramit had seen it on a flight, but was kind enough to watch it again with her unusual one.  i thought the fella playing May was May and Roger was the Roger i imagined and John, well.., but Freddie oh my, Freddie would approve, i think.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Man On Fire

I love Christopher Walken movies.

I love Denzel Washington movies.

This is a terrific film.

Bobby Davison/10.

Those are two of my favorite actors and that film kicks. 

Mrs ramit wants to watch it again, i am inclined to agree with her, as i often do.

On 12/09/2021 at 15:36, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There Will Be Blood.

Okay but not worth the hype. Wayne Rooney (the player) / 10.

On 12/09/2021 at 16:19, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That film has the weirdest ending alongside No country for old men.  Both out the same time and both very puzzling.   

It's all about opinions. No Country for Old Men was pretty good, probably 8 out of 10 good. But OMG There Will Be Blood was a shockingly awful movie. What did the critics see in it? No more than 2 out of 10 for me. Terrible ham acting from Daniel Day-Lewis.

Papillon (2017 remake)

Henri Charriere is imprisoned on Devil's Island and eventually escapes.

This is not a bad film by any means, but it is a pale shadow of the Dustin Hoffman/Steve McQueen classic

Arthur Stewart/10 (without the fantastic goal v the Dirties)

Edited by Eddie

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Papillon (2017 remake)

This is not a bad film by any means, but it is a pale shadow of the Dustin Hoffman/Steve McQueen classic

Agree, a fine example of stick with the original, which is a brilliant film.  

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Papillon (2017 remake)

The book expands on the classic original film. Worth a read.

Shang Chi - you know what you're going to get with Marvel films, and that's exactly what I got. Fun, some funny jokes, big fight scenes at the end. 

There were some really funny cameos in it and I was impressed with the choreography of the fight scenes - it felt like it was made by a Chinese/Hong Kong studio, which is a compliment when it comes to martial arts fight scenes. 

The main actor felt a bit wooden at times, but to be fair, he was always going to when he's surrounded by people like Tony Leung. 

8/10

Garage People

Weird German made film/documentary observing Arctic Russians and what they do in their garages.

Fascinating vignettes include a guy who started digging 30 years ago and now has a hole 5 stories deep which he's passing on to his grandson, there's a metal band, some guys who dress up as Nazi soldiers, a guy who keeps chickens, a welder with Parkinsons. They pretty much all drink vodka.

Odd but original. 

Bit of a Morten Bisgaard.

Edited by JoetheRam

On 20/09/2021 at 18:22, PodgeyRam said:

Shang Chi - you know what you're going to get with Marvel films, and that's exactly what I got. Fun, some funny jokes, big fight scenes at the end. 

There were some really funny cameos in it and I was impressed with the choreography of the fight scenes - it felt like it was made by a Chinese/Hong Kong studio, which is a compliment when it comes to martial arts fight scenes. 

The main actor felt a bit wooden at times, but to be fair, he was always going to when he's surrounded by people like Tony Leung. 

8/10

I’m surprised that by this point, there are people who go to watch a Marvel movie and then complain that it’s too much of a Marvel movie!

I think they’ve done well in recent years to make each characters movies feel different, and this is no exception. You’re right about the choreography and fight scenes, they each feel separate and relevant. There not an endless horde of aliens and city background, like some action movies, but each fight feels thought out and has a purpose.

Enjoyed the main cast as well.

I’d agree, solid 8/10

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood

A re-imagining of the Manson murders.

Simply wonderful - this is what Tarantino is about.

Kevin Hector/10.

Got this saved on Netflix. Question - is it too long? I know that the first 2 acts of the film are slow compared to the rush at the end, but I’ve seen complaints that the timing fees off because of this. Good to hear that you enjoyed it though