Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

It’s actually well known in the industry that Nigel Pearson is a pussy

Can’t deal with confrontation without his back room staff with him and in staff to player situations

He just can’t stand doing media work so people think he’s this tough guy 

That's fair enough, I seem remember there being a perception he'd "toughen up" the team before he came in.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

It's a comment often posted on the Derby reddit page, which is no vision of beauty itself. People prefer different things, but there are plenty of active users on here that suggest its only a bitter few who dislike it here.

I've just been on ForumAdvisor.com, where this place has a 5* rating and holds a current Certificate of Excellence, here are some sample reviews.

"In many ways I created a monster, but occasionally certain sites glimpse at the brighter future I envisioned, of which DCFCFans.uk is one".                             

Sir Tim Berners Lee, everywhere.

"I'll admit it's weird to be a member of our fiercest rivals No.1 forum, but over time their kindness and warm welcome has won me over, to the extent I'm secretly willing the team on most games".

Red Dawn, Nottingham.

"I told Boris (Britain Trump, btw), that I'd only countenance a trade deal if DCFCFans.uk was part of the deal, forget the NHS and Chlorinated Chicken, I want the biggly prize, I can't wait to grab David by the pussy"!

Donald Trump, POTUS.

9 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I've just been on ForumAdvisor.com, where this place has a 5* rating and holds a current Certificate of Excellence, here are some sample reviews.

"In many ways I created a monster, but occasionally certain sites glimpse at the brighter future I envisioned, of which DCFCFans.uk is one".                             

Sir Tim Berners Lee, everywhere.

"I'll admit it's weird to be a member of our fiercest rivals No.1 forum, but over time their kindness and warm welcome has won me over, to the extent I'm secretly willing the team on most games".

Red Dawn, Nottingham.

"I told Boris (Britain Trump, btw), that I'd only countenance a trade deal if DCFCFans.uk was part of the deal, forget the NHS and Chlorinated Chicken, I want the biggly prize, I can't wait to grab David by the pussy"!

Donald Trump, POTUS.

Was this the sticking point in the recent investment talks? David wouldn’t let the Americans play with his cat?

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Based on the club taking a hardline on Keogh?

Counter-argument could go that any serious player with ambition wouldn't want to join a club that werent prepared to confront unacceptable drinking & associated misbehaviour.

Kind of based on the way they've treated all 4. None of it adds up to me. 

I'm not into arguing the rights and wrongs of legal obligations etc. 

Just based on my own perception of the right thing to do.

2 drink drivers fined and back playing and earning, 1 passenger sacked and another passenger not named. 

Keogh has been an ambassador and role model for this club until this

@Alpha Some fair points. Personally I would've have been harsher on Lawrence & Bennett. Like the club, I wouldn't have named the young lad also there though.

Keogh, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I liked him as a player & a bloke previously so no agenda. Is he being punished for bad luck in getting injured? Problem is you can never escape causation in that situation, he willingly got into a drunk's car, he ran that risk. As a club, we wouldn't be insured for that & his refusal to countenance a wage decrease is just unbelievable. Sadly I believe it reveals his true 'feelings' for Derby.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

12 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Some fair points. Personally I would've have been harsher on Lawrence & Bennett. Like the club, I wouldn't have named the young lad also there though.

Keogh, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I liked him as a player & a bloke previously so no agenda. Is he being punished for bad luck in getting injured? Problem is you can never escape causation in that situation, he willingly got into a drunk's car, he ran that risk. As a club, we wouldn't be insured for that & his refusal to countenance a wage decrease is just unbelievable. Sadly I believe it reveals his true 'feelings' for Derby.

I wouldn't accept a pay drop though either. I'd accept the same punishments as the drink drivers and I would consider myself being reasonable. 

Like I said, I get that he can't provide a service anymore and I get that the club are possibly within their rights to do what they have done. 

I dunno, I just have my principals and loyalty and I'm a proud person. I do what I thinks right whether it's legal or not, fair or not. I don't hold people to a higher standard than others. I don't think I'm better than anyone and I don't think anyone is better than me. For Keogh's service and position I'd have some leniency and I wouldn't dare utter words about representing the club and still let Lawrence and Bennett run around. I'd choke on my words. 

If I was Keogh I'd take the wage drop if I saw it as a punishment just under Lawrence and Bennett. I'd not really accept this fantasy role that I'm their father figure and somehow supposed to look after them in a pub. They drove the car!! I've been punished for getting in it because my leg is ruined. 

Derby's morals are a bit out of line with mine.

I thought they handled Lawrence and Bennett quite well. But this knocks the whole thing out of perspective 

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Good job, seeing as Alfie only existed in people's imagination.

Okay. Just Keogh then. He sat around drinking and let his younger team-mates drink and drive. Who knows what peer pressure was involved and from who. But it was not the behaviour expected from the captain of Derby County FC.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If I was Keogh I'd take the wage drop if I saw it as a punishment just under Lawrence and Bennett. I'd not really accept this fantasy role that I'm their father figure and somehow supposed to look after them in a pub. They drove the car!! I've been punished for getting in it because my leg is ruined. 

"It's understood several factors counted against Keogh. He was the club captain, a senior player and it was felt he should have taken more responsibility on the night in question. "

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wouldn't accept a pay drop though either. I'd accept the same punishments as the drink drivers and I would consider myself being reasonable. 

Like I said, I get that he can't provide a service anymore and I get that the club are possibly within their rights to do what they have done. 

I dunno, I just have my principals and loyalty and I'm a proud person. I do what I thinks right whether it's legal or not, fair or not. I don't hold people to a higher standard than others. I don't think I'm better than anyone and I don't think anyone is better than me. For Keogh's service and position I'd have some leniency and I wouldn't dare utter words about representing the club and still let Lawrence and Bennett run around. I'd choke on my words. 

I thought they handled Lawrence and Bennett quite well. But this knocks the whole thing out of perspective 

It's a decision made by an accountant with a spreadsheet, not a supporter with soul.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Okay. Just Keogh then. He sat around drinking and let his younger team-mates drink and drive. Who knows what peer pressure was involved and from who. But it was not the behaviour expected from the captain of Derby County FC.

Can't argue with that Roy.

What a mess, so easily avoided too.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And he also videoed Bennett throwing up and Malone (was it him) passed out getting slapped around the head.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I don't buy this kind of talk though. 

Maybe because when I was 24 or 25 I could walk on my own two feet and I didn't need or want excuses for my mistakes. Maybe that the reason I accept mistakes from people but not excuses. 

If poor little Tom and precious little Mason look to Keogh as some sort of guidance then they need to grow the duck up

I'm the same age as Keogh. I'm responsible for me and my daughters. I make mistakes and so do they. I accept consequences and I learn from them. Would i feck take a work colleague out and accept responsibility for him because he's 25. You can stick a piece of elastic on my arm every Saturday and still get the same answer

In this world everyone knows a dhead but nobody admits to being one. 

I'm capable of fecking up. So are you. Maybe people need to learn to say that more instead of looking to point the finger. 

Mason Bennett is a Dad isn't he? Do he need Keogh to come around and wipe his arse while he wipes his own child

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Guess this is where we differ. Keogh was club captain & a long standing player. You've said that deserves leniency, for me that demands responsibility. I get that young lads will behave like idiots & let's face it we've all done stuff we wouldn't be proud of in later life. But Keogh as a 33 year old club captain, was actively part of that night out, didnt stop the 2 drunk drivers and got in one of the cars. 

I manage people at my work. If a similar situation had occurred with my team, I would expect more scrutiny than the others. Does that translate to a club captain at a football club? As an ambassador of the club, I would argue so.

Harsh or not, Keogh's injury has changed the landscape on this. Had it been the unnamed young player, the club would've reacted differently I'm sure. But Keogh is the experienced head, the playing figurehead of the club...I support the club's actions even though it saddens me. I still have Keogh & Harry Wilson celebrating at Leeds on my laptop, a mere 5 bloody months ago.

Just now, Alpha said:

I don't buy this kind of talk though. ...

In this world everyone knows a dhead but nobody admits to being one. 

Well that's Keogh for sure. His behaviour is crap, but well ignore that then, he can't do his contracted job due to his own stupidity - why feel sorry about him being sacked!? Tough poo Richard, what goes around comes around.

7 hours ago, Shang said:

I personally think it was just a massive shock to the system as he's been very loyal to the club. Article also states that people around the club said he was Mel Morris's eyes and ears around the training ground, they had a great relationship.

Really? Didn’t Paul Clement let it be known that MM had instructed that he wasn’t to pick Keogh as captain?