Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

38 minutes ago, Shang said:

Was informed by Mel Morris directly.

Derbys position is that Keoghs actions have made it impossible for him to perform his duties as a football player, where as Lawrence and Bennett still can.

He's looking to appeal and is being supported by the PFA in his legal case.

PFA and Derby County have offered to support him with use of their facilities in his rehabilitation regardless.

Derby were keen on an amicable position but Keogh turned down wage cut as he didn't agree with it.

Did they reach that decision before or after the car crash?

2 hours ago, JfR said:

The part of the club statement regarding Keogh's sacking that everyone is calling hypocritical is exactly the same as part of the statement made about Lawrence and Bennett:
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/10/club-statement-7
"Irrespective of the outcome of that process, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute."

I think a lot of people viewing that quote out of context and in isolation are viewing it to mean more than it does. It's just a cookie-cutter statement to suggest that misconduct at the club will not go without punishment, and that has been the case, even if the punishment has been different for different parties due to their different actions.

Tell me, anyone, has the club actually made any official statement on Keogh being sacked? Can’t see anything on the website.  Isn’t it the case that the only statement has come via the DET?  May there be some misreporting here?

I recall that when Bennett and Lawrence were dealt with by the club, it was stressed that the action taken was the maximum that could be done in line with their contracts. The fact that they were fit and able to fulfil their duties as football players being key, particularly if we wind forward to Keogh.  He is being treated differently in my view only because he himself cannot fulfil his contract - there are obligations on both sides within a contract.

I don’t think there is any point commenting further without the full facts. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Tell me, anyone, has the club actually made any official statement on Keogh being sacked? Can’t see anything on the website.  Isn’t it the case that the only statement has come via the DET?  May there be some misreporting here?

I recall that when Bennett and Lawrence were dealt with by the club, it was stressed that the action taken was the maximum that could be done in line with their contracts. The fact that they were fit and able to fulfil their duties as football players being key, particularly if we wind forward to Keogh.  He is being treated differently in my view only because he himself cannot fulfil his contract - there are obligations on both sides within a contract.

I don’t think there is any point commenting further without the full facts. 

Spot on 

Has anyone noticed that on his missus’ instagram she changed her bio to “Wife to a professional scapegoat”. Obviously doesn’t mean to say that it represents Keogh’s personal opinion at all, just found it interesting.

Just now, SIWY said:

Has anyone noticed that on his missus’ instagram she changed her bio to “Wife to a professional scapegoat”. Obviously doesn’t mean to say that it represents Keogh’s personal opinion at all, just found it interesting.

Absurd thing to say.

Everyone knows a professional scapegoat is someone who gets paid to take blame. 

Keogh is just a scapegoat.

After about 6 years I am finally understanding this forum and possibly the wider general Rams fan.....why over 50% don’t seem capable of separating criminal law from (civil) contract law is beyond belief....even after it has been explained dozens of times on this thread! Although by pure definition, 49.9% of the population are of below average intelligence. 

It doesn’t matter who likes what player, us, Mel, PCoc, we the public will only know what the actual ‘gross misconduct’ is, if the details are released. We will only know if Mason and Tom could have been sacked if details of the internal report are released. I would suggest a law student, HR manager or anyone with an idea for business could garner (with the facts) whether the latter has any bearing on the former. 

3 hours ago, cannable said:

Because the club statement justifying Keogh’s sacking is completely at odds with retaining Bennett and Lawrence… and if you really don’t believe it’s a PR disaster then just have a search on Twitter. Can’t remember the last time United fans were talking about us.

People outside the club and supporters, and to be fair even some of the supporters, are commenting on the headline without considering or understanding the detail. Nothing new in that. Tabloids thrive on such views.

4 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Hate it when the wives get involved - it never ends well. My view of Chris Baird was changed significantly when his wife started having a go at fans on Twitter for saying that he'd been 'released'. Her argument was that he can't have been released if he left at the end of his contract, forgetting that that's what the word actually means in football.

1 minute ago, R@M said:

After about 6 years I am finally understanding this forum and possibly the wider general Rams fan.....why over 50% don’t seem capable of separating criminal law from (civil) contract law is beyond belief....

...and don't get me started on "could of..." or using a "zee" when the English word ends in "...ised"!  

You and me both, @R@M... You and me both!

XlOz5uo.gif

40 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Thought long about this whole sorry situation,and my view is he deserves more respect from the club and especialy some fans.Taking the mickey of how he comes across on interviews is nonsense.To me he,s been a real warrior and has Derby in his heart for many seasons,mistakes ,yes some doozies,but his commitment can never be questioned .He made a mistake and his club,our club have turned their back on him so have some posters on here,not me ,his past service should count for something.I feel gutted too.

If he had accepted in good faith his revised contract offer he would still be at the club. Do you think it wrong the club have taken the view they shouldn't have to pay out £100,000 a month to their employee after he rendered himself unable to perform due to alleged drunkenness? In my view he was lucky to receive an offer at all and I have been a massive Keogh fan.

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

Hause is a centre half

Mbenba didnt play many in the championship because hes too good for it

Gomez, stones, tarkowski, keane all play for england. 

You asked for a list of better players and ive given you one yet your not accepting it. Keogh was average, deal with it. 

Couple more for you off the top of my head. Terry, lascelles. 

Sorry geez, not playing you this season, you’re too good.

47 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Thought long about this whole sorry situation,and my view is he deserves more respect from the club and especialy some fans.Taking the mickey of how he comes across on interviews is nonsense.To me he,s been a real warrior and has Derby in his heart for many seasons,mistakes ,yes some doozies,but his commitment can never be questioned .He made a mistake and his club,our club have turned their back on him so have some posters on here,not me ,his past service should count for something.I feel gutted too.

9 minutes ago, cannable said:

Sorry geez, not playing you this season, you’re too good.

Look on transfermarkt.co.uk. keogh is at 41st and that's just this season. ??. Talk about not knowing which one is your arSe and which is your elbow. 

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Hate it when the wives get involved - it never ends well. My view of Chris Baird was changed significantly when his wife started having a go at fans on Twitter for saying that he'd been 'released'. Her argument was that he can't have been released if he left at the end of his contract, forgetting that that's what the word actually means in football.

To be fair she took a lot of grief from so called Derby Fans a few seasons back on Twitter so you can't blame her really. 

I can come up with a list of better players too. But none of them have played for Derby for years. 

As Davies and Clarke and Bielik love to display that it's not just Keogh with a mistake in him.

And of course there was Barker, Buxton, Shotton, Whitbread, Albentosa, Keane, Leacock, Davis.... how come every club has a better CB than Keogh but we can't buy one? 

But anyway, Nesta was better than Keogh. I'm not witnessing an irrelevant argument and standing back. 

Jaap Stam!!!