Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RedSox said:

According to Jim White a moment ago, a reconciliation is not beyond the realms of possibility.  Make of that what you can!?!

How do you go back from that?

It'd be like when Rowett asked for permission to speak to Stoke, if Stoke rebuked him, he'd look a daft twit expecting us to welcome him back.

20 minutes ago, ramit said:

“As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which

20 minutes ago, ramit said:

“As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute.”

How did Keogh put his colleagues and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse?

You have picked out two sections of that statement.  Here are two other parts of it

"puts themselves" 

"or which brings the club into disrepute.”

Any part of it can be used to put any kind of emphasis on it

All 3 of them screwed up big time.

Unfortunately for 1 of them, he is unable to fulfill his part of a highly paid contract

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's a very slim squad next summer:
Roos, Mitchell, Bogle, Wisdom, Evans, Malone, Lowe, Bielik, Shinnie, Bird, Holmes, Rooney, Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Waghorn, Marriott, (and academy players)

Almost like a fresh start for a new manager to build on this season eh? ?

Also - Would love to see people complain about the wage bill by then! 

"You have picked out two sections of that statement.  Here are two other parts of it

"puts themselves" 

Any part of it can be used to put any kind of emphasis on it"

It's the wording "and members of the general public" instead of or members of the general public that caught my eye.

14 minutes ago, RedSox said:

According to Jim White a moment ago, a reconciliation is not beyond the realms of possibility.  Make of that what you can!?!

It'll be cheaper than agreeing a settlement and we'll look good over it but Keogh won't if he refuses? ?

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos, Mitchell, Bogle, Wisdom, Evans, Malone, Lowe, Bielik, Shinnie, Bird, Holmes, Rooney, Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Waghorn, Marriott, (and academy players)

We'll be pioneers of the 1-2-3-4 formation. 

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

WARNING: in the wake of various threats of libel please be vary carfeul when using the words 'slim' in the same breath as 'Marriott'

Nicki Minaj would be happy with that arse!

9 minutes ago, ramit said:

"You have picked out two sections of that statement.  Here are two other parts of it

"puts themselves" 

Any part of it can be used to put any kind of emphasis on it"

It's the wording "and members of the general public" instead of or members of the general public that caught my eye.

Genuinely not looking to get into a row.

Totally sick of all this crap around our club at the moment and think that as fans we should  NOT be rowing between ourselves.

But is it one word in a statement that matters, or the intent and meaning of the whole statement that matters ?

38 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Did Cocu say owt last night about it?.

Haven't been able to catch up with the press conference.

Gibbo asked him a few questions about it in the pre-match interview. Or not questions as such, but leading statements about how tough a week its been. Cocu says its not a good situation for anyone at he club - players, etc.  I found it quite hard to watch - Cocu not his usual self - felt a bit sorry for him tbh.

36 minutes ago, ramit said:

“As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute.”

How did Keogh put his colleagues and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse?

It doesn't say that Keogh put his colleagues and members of the general public at risk. It says the club won't tolerate such actions - its just reciting club policy - it isn't saying Keogh did all of those things. Although it would be pretty easy to argue that his behaviour did contribute to all of those factors.

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is definitely an opportunity for a big "reset". Freeing up a megaton of wages and allowing Cocu to bring in his type to define the squad more.

1 minute ago, Rambam2014 said:

Genuinely not looking to get into a row.

Totally sick of all this crap around our club at the moment.

And don't think that as fans we should be rowing between ourselves.

But is it one word in a statement that matters, or the intent and meaning of the whole statement that matters ?

Yes, one word directly affects the meaning of a statement.  If the intent differs from what was written, then perhaps the statement should have been more carefully constructed.

Not looking for a row either, just asking a question.  As a former translator i am a bit of a stickler for words.

1 hour ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

Don't be broken hearted young Lady, There's far more strife in this world to be concerned about than feeling pain for someone who's actions has cost himself his career.

I drink in a well known boozer in town, The actions of some of the Derby players in the 80s and 90s would make you think again, Wine, Women, Drugs, Fighting and yes driving home when drunk.

I know very little about RK, What I do know is when Nigel Pearson was here, It was RK and another who went running to MM to tell him that the regime Pearson was putting in place the players didn't like, Soon after Pearson is sacked.

Pro footballers have a very privaliged position and with this comes responsability. Believe me when I say it's not all doom and gloom in the changing room.

Saturday will be the start of another chapter in the Derby County 

Dressing room comment.... intresting.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Gibbo asked him a few questions about it in the pre-match interview. Or not questions as such, but leading statements about how tough a week its been. Cocu says its not a good situation for anyone at he club - players, etc.  I found it quite hard to watch - Cocu not his usual self - felt a bit sorry for him tbh.

It doesn't say that Keogh put his colleagues and members of the general public at risk. It says the club won't tolerate such actions - its just reciting club policy - it isn't saying Keogh did all of those things. Although it would be pretty easy to argue that his behaviour did contribute to all of those factors.

Okay, fair enough for the first part at least

Does anyone know if RK was already on some kind of warning before the sacking.just a thought that in most work places its a 3 strike policy? Have no idea if he was but there may have been other things happened in the past that we all wouldnt know about as its kept internal!!

Just a thought not ITK.

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

It's never been confirmed, although there's plenty of speculation I'll remind everyone of the banner at the top of the page. 

I dont particularly want to know However if it was an academy player,Iam sure a lot of people would not be so up in arms about Keoghs departure

14 hours ago, Rolleston said:

Cocu clearly dosn't know what he is managing, or he would never have allowed a team bonding session that was destined to get out of hand. He has to take some of the blame for this

Are you real.... these are grown men and are professional people.the only blame is on the players.

10 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

Does anyone know if RK was already on some kind of warning before the sacking.just a thought that in most work places its a 3 strike policy? Have no idea if he was but there may have been other things happened in the past that we all wouldnt know about as its kept internal!!

Just a thought not ITK.

I keep posting this ? 

https://www.gov.uk/dismiss-staff/dismissals-on-capability-or-conduct-grounds

You don't need multiple warnings if it's gross misconduct - That is grounds for immediate, no warning dismissal

1 hour ago, RedSox said:

Contract negotiating brinkmanship gone wrong - club didn't want this (it's not been good PR i think we can all agree), Keogh presumably didn't want FA and and a nasty dismissal to have to fight but someone pulled the trigger on it. The offered new contract/immediate gross misconduct dynamic makes me think there was carrot and stick put to him by the club, not a straight up HR procedure into gross misconduct.

Keogh appeals, the club accept the appeal but keogh signs reduced terms, there's round of apologies and damage limitation PR. It'd still reflect badly but I can see that as plausible (if unlikely) set of events.

Archived